Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements

2 часа назад, katonice сказал:

If my translation is correct, Sotskova's new programs will be a waltz from "Swan Lake" for her short, and her free will be to "Claire de Lune".

That's right, Peter Tchernyshev is the choreographer

3 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

i agree with you!  i understand and respect the skaters' choices but i really hoped to see more different choices than the repetitive warhorses over and over again...

i totally think yuzu has high chance of doing seimei 2.0 for FS, but let's see what he has in store for us...

this is why i was so excited to see boyang do crouching tiger hidden dragon for his SP, because at least it's something different and not often skated to!  plus it's an interesting choice for boyang and i look forward to seeing what he does with it  :smile:

I'm really disappointed with sui/han choices ... i mean do they need to play it safe?... they were so amazing last season with their music ... both sp and lp were great and now turandot and halleluiah ... well, they can do both music pieces look lovely but I was expecting more ....

2 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

i really really loved sui/han's programs last season!

the blues SP was soooo sexy and fun

the bridge FS was just BEAUTIFUL

i guess the trend is that everyone plays safe for olympics so i can't fault them for it when everyone else is either recycling or warhorsing...

but i understand the disappointment because i feel the same way - i really hope to see something fresh and different

there are millions of music out there i just don't understand why the same ones get chosen again and again and again...

the damn judges who love warhorses ... nobody wants to risk something original bc of them ... :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

48 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

i really really loved sui/han's programs last season!

the blues SP was soooo sexy and fun

the bridge FS was just BEAUTIFUL

i guess the trend is that everyone plays safe for olympics so i can't fault them for it when everyone else is either recycling or warhorsing...

but i understand the disappointment because i feel the same way - i really hope to see something fresh and different

there are millions of music out there i just don't understand why the same ones get chosen again and again and again...

I think Hallelujah FP will be no less beautiful, this kind of music suits their style. 

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

the damn judges who love warhorses ... nobody wants to risk something original bc of them ... :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

At the end of the season they will end up hating warhorses and vomiting them out of their ears.:snbleh:

6 hours ago, CiaoCiao said:

At the end of the season they will end up hating warhorses and vomiting them out of their ears.:snbleh:

If this was the case it would have happened years ago :laughing: 

I think we, the fans, are the ones who are going to end up vomiting them out of our ears, sadly :facepalm:

I do not blame the judges alone. I would add coaches and choreographers into the mix for thinking the judges want that. Hamilton, Boitano, Orser, Stojko, Urmanov Yagudin, Lipinski, Kwan (98), Hughes...  all did well with no warhorses for long programs at the Olympics... I wont go into other disciplines, but they exist there too.  Or maybe the skaters themselves think if they go classic it will be more Olympic, or majestic or meaningful. 

Has Adam Rippon's programs info been posted here yet?

SP Music: "Diamonds" from Rihanna performed by Adam Rippon <--- He's singing it himself!?
FS Music: "Arrival of the Birds" by The Cinematic Orchestra and "O" by Coldplay

Source

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

Has Adam Rippon's programs info been posted here yet?

SP Music: "Diamonds" from Rihanna performed by Adam Rippon <--- He's singing it himself!?
FS Music: "Arrival of the Birds" by The Cinematic Orchestra and "O" by Coldplay

Source

So happy that he's keeping last season's LP .... that program is special...

• sallycinnamon changed the title to Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements