Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements

Some music I love is already used by too many. But I am looking forward to Yuzu's music cuz he always kinda surprises me by introducing me to music I have never touched upon or seldom listen to...like seimei (which I love love love). Don't know if he will choose more popular music or more unique ones for next season though...

i'm exactly the same!!! i love les mis programs but they're so overdone but how beautiful would

be with like a dark red costume and the velvet trousers :( even just as a ex :bow:

Here we go, Olymic season-warhorses. 2016-2017 music choices for Shoma was much more better, but let's wait for choreo.

I just love violin and like literally all from Vivaldi but "4 seasons"...come on, it's so cliche! And I could see how poor Patrick getting an heart attack from first seconds of this music at Olymics :s_shout

I think Boyang has said in an interview that he might keep his Spiderman program - but I'd have to find the source again to be 100% sure. He thinks very much that it is his signature program right now too :cool:

(And count me in as another who really wants a Yuzu + Boyang Oly podium! :s_drinks )

Jinabee, since you started the thread, could you maybe once in a while update the first post with the additional info we have about other skaters music choices? Otherwise a lot will be lost in between the growing pages I think. I can help to and try to do 'collection' post in between now and again with new info ^^

i've been keeping a collection of all the announced programs for next season if it helps?

Holy moly, talk about safe choices, already used before. Like a million times.

That aside, they're actually smart choices. We've talked about this before but the general audience responds well to those, and it's very safe music that does not leave the burden on the skater at all.

Men’s

Shoma Uno (JPN)

SP: Vivaldi Four Seasons - Winter

LP: Turnadot

Michael Christopher Martinez (PHI)

SP: Carmina Burana

Ladies’

Alaine Chartrand (CAN)

SP: Libertango; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne

Ashley Wagner (USA)

SP: Hip Hip, Chin Chin

LP: La La Land

Pairs

Meagan Duhamel & Eric Radford (CAN)

SP: choreo by Julie Marcotte

LP: Muse

Tarah Kayne & Danny O’Shea (USA)

SP: All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera, choreo by Massimo Scali

LP: Swan Lake, choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne and Zukiwsky

Cheng Peng & Yang Jin (CHN)

SP: Tango

LP : Butterfly Lovers

Alexa Scimeca-Kneirim & Chris Kneirim (USA)

LP: Chaplin program; choreo by Christopher Dean

Deanna Stellato & Nate Bartholomay (USA)

SP : Eleanor Rigby by Joshua Bell; choreo by Rohene Ward

LP: "One" and "Streets have No Name" by U2; choreo by Mark Pilay

Dance

Madison Chock & Evan Bates (USA)

LP: La La Land

Penny Coomes & Nicholas Buckland (GBR)

LP: Battle Remembered by Yo-Yo-Ma and the Silk Road

so far, as much as i could find

I love moonlight sonata but i dont think its likely he'll do it either

i love moonlight sonata - it's absolutely beautiful

but i doubt he'd do it for olympics since moonlight sonata is too sad...

alot of people use it too :cry:

Such a shame because Moonlight Sonata is so beautiful.

Maybe he could do Hungarian Rhapsody by Liszt? It's my favourite piano piece and there are so many different cuts he could take + it's pretty dramatic

Thank you for updating!

Good choices from Duhamel/Radford and would like to take a look at U2 LP for USA pair! And totally warhorse from another USA pair, Kayne/O'Shea

I'm waiting for S/H an J/C music choices also

Maybe he could do Hungarian Rhapsody by Liszt? It's my favourite piano piece and there are so many different cuts he could take + it's pretty dramatic

I would be more than happy with that, but I won't be that lucky that he would choose two musical pieces in his career which are related to Hungarian music.

But I could imagine him doing one of the Liszt rhapsodies, because he could skate and perform to the slow and sudden fast/passionate musical structure perfectly, he has the musicality for doing it. But it would be a difficult choice, that's for sure. It's not a surprise that Liszt pieces are not so popular in figure skating.

I made a Warhorse Bingo for the upcoming Olympic Season. :grin:

[attachment=0]warhorse.png[/attachment]

These are just the ones off the top of my head. I'm sure I missed some. :smile

I made a Warhorse Bingo for the upcoming Olympic Season. :grin:

[attachment=0]warhorse.png[/attachment]

These are just the ones off the top of my head. I'm sure I missed some. :smile

perfect! :rofl:

i expect a lot of la la land and beauty of the beast as well

• sallycinnamon changed the title to Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements