Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements

I think Mariah will do well with BATB. She has a very soft style of skating and it'll give her that american princess image, which is perfect for the Olympics. Causal fans will eat it up. Don't know how much I'll like it though.

Turnadot will always be S/Z's music for me <3

After Yuzu, I am probably most curious to know Wakaba's picks. I really want her to get something like Satton's Planets/Princess Leia (which she must keep!). We know and love that music, but the treatment was fresh and creative.

I actually liked Wakaba's Zorro program from 1516 season, at least the theme suited her very well :grin: would like to see a program like that but I kinda feel she will fall into warhorses again :silent:

After Yuzu, I am probably most curious to know Wakaba's picks. I really want her to get something like Satton's Planets/Princess Leia (which she must keep!). We know and love that music, but the treatment was fresh and creative.

I actually liked Wakaba's Zorro program from 1516 season, at least the theme suited her very well :grin: would like to see a program like that but I kinda feel she will fall into warhorses again :silent:

It's funny bc I have this feeling that it does seem likely she would pick another warhorse again. Which is fine if it accommodates her skating, I guess..

TURANDOT!? REALLY?! He should keep his LP...

Yes, it's disappointing. But skaters often seem to feel like they have unfinished business even when the audience doesn't. And I can't say Yuzu was more original at the same age. It's only the last two seasons that he fully developed his own style imo.

I can name warhorse programs that I really like—Machida Firebird/East of Eden/Ladies in Lavender, Akiko POTO, Caro Bolero. But those skaters were already grownup so they could pull it off with their own point of view. Warhorses are okay for junior skaters and experienced skaters, but I prefer those in between try to find their own identity. Satoko has done a good job, and Pogo.

I think Boyang has said in an interview that he might keep his Spiderman program - but I'd have to find the source again to be 100% sure. He thinks very much that it is his signature program right now too :cool:

I think I also remember that I read somewhere that he actually wants to keep both programs? Can't recall where I saw that, though

I thought skaters are only allowed to keep one program each season, or the rule had changed as well?

There is no such rule about keeping programs, I mean ISU rule.

Do you remember Boyang in 2015-16 season? He skated both programs from previuos season.

I thought skaters are only allowed to keep one program each season, or the rule had changed as well?

There is no such rule about keeping programs, I mean ISU rule.

Do you remember Boyang in 2015-16 season? He skated both programs from previuos season.

I do but I thought that was bc he transited from Jr to Sr so it was allowed... :eh:

I do but I thought that was bc he transited from Jr to Sr so it was allowed... :eh:

No, it's just that ISU doesn't forbid anyone keeping programs.

And I think at first Boyang was going to keep both programs for Olympic season (there some interview sometime mid-season), but not anymore. :grin:

No, it's just that ISU doesn't forbid anyone keeping programs.

And I think at first Boyang was going to keep both programs for Olympic season (there some interview sometime mid-season), but not anymore. :grin:

Thanks for your clarification :smile and if one is for sure gone I wish it to be the free. I am sorry but La Strada did not work for him :nono:

What? That was fast. LMAO, I imagine that Yuzu will keep the secret until the last month before starting the competitions.

I actually prefer him being so secretive :tongue: The suspense and build-up hype to the reveal is what makes it all the more thrilling :grin:

Thank you for updating!

Good choices from Duhamel/Radford and would like to take a look at U2 LP for USA pair! And totally warhorse from another USA pair, Kayne/O'Shea

I'm waiting for S/H an J/C music choices also

That Muse thing is I believe just their old FS being brought back. They'll probably revamp it a bit.

Oww, forget about that. They really did it few years ago, medley from Muse. There still a little hope that is new Muse thing this time, one piece rather...

Oww, forget about that. They really did it few years ago, medley from Muse. There still a little hope that is new Muse thing this time, one piece rather...

I can't find article to quote it, but they'd said clearly that they bring back old program.

I wonder how changed Shoma's 'Turandot' will be from the 2015/2016 season original, considering how different his layout is nowadays. Will there be any big changes in the choreography or only small ones to account for the quads, I wonder. I understand why they're not reusing this season's FS, though, since he already skated it to all its potential.

I'm sad Satoko isn't going to keep her Planets FS. I think because of her missing the later half of the season she could have kept it, but I think she's getting completely new programs for next season.

• sallycinnamon changed the title to Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements