Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements

The vocals :Sad:-- I didn't like the film but often actors singing is ok in the context of the film but is glaringly sub standard when you listen to the soundtrack in isolation.  I never understand why they often use film soundtracks of things that were originally stage shows with actual singers who sound much better.

On 11/9/2017 at 1:14 PM, xeyra said:

Without counting Ashley's possible Moulin Rouge reprisal, and going only through Seniors programs, here's the count on some of the most used Warhorses of the season:

Moulin Rouge/Tango de Roxanne: 8
Swan Lake/Black Swan: 7
Carmen: 5
Turandot: 4

Somehow I think I will tolerate the Carmens and the Swan Lakes because I really really love the music... but Turandot and Moulin Rouge? kill me pls thx. 

I can't abide MR, and Turandot for me is inextricably linked to football thanks to some interminable tournament ( Euros/ WorldCup - something of that order) which lasted for about a month and used Pavarotti's Nessun Dorma every 5 minutes.  Never want to hear it again.

I love Moulin Rouge and will continue to do so, so I know I'll enjoy programs with Moulin Rouge music. Except Tango de Roxanne. The only part I liked on that song was Ewan's singing and that's mostly because Ewan can do no wrong in my eyes, not because he's an amazing singer. :laughing:

The other warhorses, though, that'll depend on how many times I'll have to listen to them through the season in both seniors and juniors.... I know I'm already a bit tired of Nessun Dorma but two skaters and one pair I like are using Turandot, so I must endure for their sake! 

On 11.09.2017 at 0:01 PM, Hannah said:

Another swan? :dbana: So now we have Zagi, Osmond, Anna, Maria... anyone I've missed?

Weirdly, I don't mind, I kinda dig it. Swan Lake is some of the best music ever written, and it'll be cool to compare, because they're such different skaters. Anna in particular is not you typical "swan ballerina" so I'm curious at what she'll put out - and Morozov's got a pretty good track both with choreographing for Anna and with adjusting Swan Lake to non-balletic skaters.

• sallycinnamon changed the title to Other Skaters' 2017/18 program announcements