yuzu.fairy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi! I was told this hasn't been done yet and I sure hope that's true but I have Kenji no Heya w/Hanyu Ep 1 all translated, timed and typeset. Would anyone be interested in encoding it into hardsub? I'm hoping someone who is able to encode (unlike me) and has a non-watermarked, HD version (at least 720p, tho higher res would be better since hardsub conversion can mean a drop in quality) of the episode would be willing to do it (as well as send the encoded file back to me for final QC checks before release). 

If you're that someone, please beam me a PM so I can send you the .ass file. I timed it according to Sylvia Huang's version of the video that I managed to rip off of YouTube before she took everything down. Or, if you're willing to encode but don't have the HD video file, we could just use the one I have (only 720p, tho, and in MP4 format). I basically just need someone willing to do the encoding and uploading onto a server I can grab from xD. 

Here's a sneak peek:

2w317wi.png

ffadz4.png

2zgxkr4.png

xnrpq9.png

Hopefully at least one of you would be willing to do this. Y'know...for the greater good of the Planet?

Note: I'd like to limit sharing of the .ass file to only the person who's confirmed willing and able to do the encoding. 

Yoroshiku!

Please see below for update

Alritey, I somehow managed to figure out an easy way to encode but the trade-off is that the quality isn’t exactly the best, though this could also be due largely in part to the raw I used not being of the highest quality there is. It’s decent enough for simple viewing but the quality dropped during the encoding process so…I’m pretty new to all these other more technical aspects of fansubbing so if the quality isn’t up to par, you have my apologies.

Anyway, here it is. Kenji no Heya with Yuzuru Hanyu Episode 1. It’s on gdrive only for now as I figured there’s a good reason that a decent copy can’t be found on YouTube or DailyMotion to this day.

Kenji no Heya with Yuzuru Hanyu Episode 1 + English subtitles

With thanks to @Fay, who helped out with that bit of Japrussian Japanorussian as well as to @matchanodoame for providing me with information I needed.

Feel free to discreetly share it, if you want to—though I would advise against uploading onto streaming sites.

11/26/17: Subs for all episodes have undegone minor revision and reuploaded

02/04/18: Reuploaded to another file hosting site cos Google threw a hissy fit and blocked the file(s)

03/04/18: Reuploaded to yet another file hosting site

5 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Alritey, I somehow managed to figure out an easy way to encode but the trade-off is that the quality isn’t exactly the best, though this could also be due largely in part to the raw I used not being of the highest quality there is. It’s decent enough for simple viewing but the quality dropped during the encoding process so…I’m pretty new to all these other more technical aspects of fansubbing so if the quality isn’t up to par, you have my apologies.

Anyway, here it is. Kenji no Heya with Yuzuru Hanyu Episode 1. It’s on gdrive only for now as I figured there’s a good reason that a decent copy can’t be found on YouTube or DailyMotion to this day.

With thanks to @Fay, who helped out with that bit of Japrussian as well as to @matchanodoame for providing me with information I needed.

Feel free to discreetly share it, if you want to—though I would advise against uploading onto streaming sites.

Aaaaaah, thank you so much! :bow: As much as I want to help I have absolutely no knowledge of encoding... at all. So thank you for all the time and effort you put into this.

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

With thanks to @Fay, who helped out with that bit of Japrussian as well as to @matchanodoame for providing me with information I needed.

thank you 🤣🤣

10 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

First of all, thank you very much for adding English subtitles to "Kenji's Room" Episode 1. It must have been a lot of work. I understand Japanese, but English translations and subtitles are really appreciated by members of this forum who do not understand Japanese. It makes these interesting videos accessible to them.

The only thing I would like to mention is that the term "Jap" is inappropriate and should be avoided – even if used in conjunction with another word.

As I have stated before in this forum, the term "Jap" should not be used as an abbreviation for "Japanese".

As stated in one dictionary: "This term is a slur and should be avoided. It is used with disparaging intent and is perceived as highly insulting. A contemptuous term used to refer to a Japanese. Extremely disparaging and offensive."

It is similar to using the "N" word when referring to black people or using the word "Chink" when referring to Chinese.

I do not know what "Japrussian" means, but i am inferring that this is a combination of Japanese and Russian or something that pertains to both.

I know that you did not intend any offense by using this term, but I think that a more appropriate phrase would be "Russo-Japanese" or simply saying "Japanese Russian". If you are able to type out the full word, "Russian", it doesn't take much more effort to type out a few more letters for the full word, "Japanese".

I am not being nitpicky or self-righteous or preaching, and hate sounding like a broken record, but I think that it is important to educate people so that they do not inadvertently say or do things that may be offensive to others.

7 時間前, Geo1さんが言いました:

*everything*

Hey there. Thanks very much for pointing out the mistake in my post. I'm actually quite aware of the slur and basically everything you've very patiently put into words. I didn't catch the faux pas for myself because in my head, the effect was supposed to be along the lines of "Japanglish". I see now that this may fall short on some and have edited my post accordingly.

I have a bit more to say on the matter but will PM you with it instead as, educational reasons aside, and I know you mean well, I really don't think this is the right place to do this, especially since this was just an honest slip-up and not something done out of laziness and ignorance, which you seem to assume I have done.

I hope this discussion ends here so as not to detract further from the original purpose of the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Kenji no Heya w/Yuzuru Hanyu Episode 2, for those of you who want it. Feel free to quietly share but kindly do not upload onto streaming sites. Thanks very much!

Past episode(s)

Episode 1

With special thanks to @kiches and @yuzu.fairy for their willingness to help :happy:

11/26/17: Subs for all episodes have undegone minor revision and reuploaded

02/04/18: Reuploaded to another file hosting site cos Google said no

03/04/18: Reuploaded to yet another file hosting site