Your favorite costumes?

Some ice dancers...

Love the Shibutanis' Memoris of a Geisha costumes! They look very authentic!!

source: nick verreos

ShibutaniFD.jpg

source: robin ritoss

82b8cedad43a1963016aa51afbad870b.jpg

source: nick verreos

000000.-MaiaShibutaniAlexShibutani.jpg

look at that beautiful detailing :smiley-love017:

It's not too fancy, but I love the color combination of this one, and the high cut slit of her skirt!

Source: goldenskate

Gabriella-Papadakis-and-Guillaume-Cizero

Source: pinterest

4fc2556610192b8f3be9d55ecb174bd9--ice-da

And Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsapolov's Black Swan may be one of the best black swan costumes ever!

source: ESPN

oly_day3_14.jpg

source: matthew stockman + getty images

272d0f4556999128d6096a331c43d02c.jpg

source: alchetron

Ilinykh_Katsalapov_Russia_FD.jpg

source: zimbio

Figure+Skating+Winter+Olympics+Day+10+E_

Speaking of skirts that defy gravity, this Alina Zagitova costume is fabulous, even though it's a hand-me-done (a spectacular one!)

source: wikipedia

2016_Grand_Prix_of_Figure_Skating_Final_

3 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

this is one of my favorite costumes of yuzu!

not only does it look very beautiful the lines are just gorgeous and the blue gradients are just so beautiful

the costumes makes the lines and shape of his body even more beautiful

awesome design!!!

This is the predecessor of H&L costume and I really cant decide which one I like the most ... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

20161030225810.png

tumblr_ofv1ei8Y3q1vifz4oo3_1280.jpg

source: http://azngrl-skate.tumblr.com

1 minute ago, sublimeskating said:

H&L costume is actually one of my faves along with Notte Stellata and the LGC costume, so if i really had to choose between the two i would pick H&L (only because it is more sparkly and has more colors)

but the blue flame one is special and awesome in its own right - the blue/silver lines work beautifully and it's just awesome

so for me: notte stellata > H&L ≈ blue flame > LGC

oh, notte stellata is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and nr 1 for me, too... to tell the truth, I like all his costumes, one more then others, but the swan costume... wow, it's something else ... :heart: :heart: :heart:

C80e_zKUwAA17yk.jpg

tumblr_ok60ariLcN1recgmlo1_500.jpg

www.tumblr.com/tagged/skate-scans

So I just looked up the ISU regulations for costumes:

According to current ISU regulations, costumes in competition "must be modest, dignified and appropriate for athletic competition – not garish or theatrical in design." [x]

I may have lol'd a lot.

Can we pretty please have a worst costumes thread? 

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

According to current ISU regulations, costumes in competition "must be modest, dignified and appropriate for athletic competition – not garish or theatrical in design." [x]

Ahahaaha really? :rofl::rofl:

Is it just a general rule or can the judges in particular cases really say something about the costumes?:confused:

13 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

So I just looked up the ISU regulations for costumes:

I may have lol'd a lot.

The regulation follows as 'the clothing must not give the effect of excessive nudity inappropiate for the discipline' :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

Patrick Chan is the founding member of the Boring Costume Fraternity- can you even call that thing a 'costume'?

He doesn't really care about it. When he was asked about his new FS costume last season he told the journalist that he should have asked his costume designer about it.

Well that would explain a lot - though how any self respecting 'costume designer' could admit to producing that is beyond me.  I at least thought it was Chans input that made it so dull, but if he doesn't care it's all down to the 'designer'.  Depressing.

4 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Well that would explain a lot - though how any self respecting 'costume designer' could admit to producing that is beyond me.  I at least thought it was Chans input that made it so dull, but if he doesn't care it's all down to the 'designer'.  Depressing.

Wow, and Yuzu is so involved in everything regarding his programs!!!  Music cuts, layout, esp costumes!!