How about Yuzu doing a Tokyo Ghoul program, with a costume that reflects this cool image of Kaneki-kun? ;)

not necessarily with a mask over his mouth of course, that would be impossible to skate in, but a variation of a black/red/white costume like this could actually look amazing :biggrin: 

Something a bit similar to POTO, maybe? :)

What do you think about a costume along these lines? DZoHV_uU8AA0OTh.jpg

DZoHV_rV4AE2_Q6.jpg

I think the colour is really pretty, and I love how it's so shiny and detailed. I think this style would look good on Yuzu, maybe something a bit more ethereal, but you got it.

@Elle Omgsh yes!☝️ I follow this designer on insta and I absolutely love her creations, especially that costume! And yes Yuzu would look beautiful in it :) It did not occur to me at first but Yuzu definitely could (and most definitely has) take inspiration from female costumes. 

I personally want a very FIERCE and DARK program from him next season so I would love to see him wear black and red/burgundy, especially since we haven't seen him wear those colours in competition since that beautiful POTO costume from 2014 that was only worn once... :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5:  

These are also costumes by Ito Satomi. I'm kind of picturing Yuzu wearing something that's like a combination of the two. Particularly the back design of the second photo, as now we know that he can totally pull off a low cut back (from Notte Stellata) :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

102s7it.jpg

abl99k.jpg

2 minutes ago, NakaMina said:

@Elle Omgsh yes!☝️ I follow this designer on insta and I absolutely love her creations, especially that costume! And yes Yuzu would look beautiful in it :) It did not occur to me at first but Yuzu definitely could (and most definitely has) take inspiration from female costumes. 

I personally want a very FIERCE and DARK program from him next season so I would love to see him wear black and red/burgundy, especially since we haven't seen him wear those colours in competition since that beautiful POTO costume from 2014 that was only worn once... :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5:  

These are also costumes by Ito Satomi. I'm kind of picturing Yuzu wearing something that's like a combination of the two. Particularly the back design of the second photo, as now we know that he can totally pull off a low cut back (from Notte Stellata) :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

0_933.jpg

abl99k.png

he would look great in red.

2 hours ago, NakaMina said:

102s7it.jpg

abl99k.jpg

I love the second one! I like nude backs, you don't see them in male competitions, but I know he could totally rock it. He has the body, the grace and the personality to pull it off.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be a bit OT in the CiONTU thread so I'll bring this here: :)

I'd like to show some love for Zigeunerweisen which is very underrated :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:  While it's not amongst my favourites but it is still nice enough costume imo! I always laugh at the strawberry comparison but I can see the reason why it looks like a strawberry cake :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: I think the costume matched to the music, csárdás and it also looked good young Yuzuru too. I can see lots of influences of the music in the costume, for example red colour is typically used for csárdás, Mao's costume for her free skate in 2006/2007 was a good example for this too. But also the black frills or the black XxX parts on the shoulders/neck part are used for this type of music. I also like the asymmetric design of it,  hough it is not really related to the music itself, it was probably something that Johnny suggested (but Yuzu wears costumes with asymmetric design quite often like he already did in his novice years, and he also wore lots of these costume later like RJ2, POTO1, Etude, H&L so for Zigeunerweisen maybe it was suggested by Yuzu's mother or they came up with the idea together).

I was surprised that Yuzu chose to wear this costume again after six years but I think he still looks very lovely in it  :smiley-love017:

13 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I was surprised that Yuzu chose to wear this costume again after six years but I think he still looks very lovely in it  :smiley-love017:

It was a really sweet & sentimental surprise... I love your avatar! I was just thinking I would like to see a theme based around this costume with both new & old pics. The only part I don't like is/are the black applique vines (?) separating the stripes, because they have kind of an unfinished or scratchy look that doesn't quite go with the other trim. I don't think that was in the original design, either... But he is beautiful in it anyway, and really selling it now!

On 3/26/2018 at 4:31 AM, yuzuonice said:

How about Yuzu doing a Tokyo Ghoul program, with a costume that reflects this cool image of Kaneki-kun? ;)

not necessarily with a mask over his mouth of course, that would be impossible to skate in, but a variation of a black/red/white costume like this could actually look amazing :biggrin: 

Something a bit similar to POTO, maybe? :)

Yes! The battle suit with open back!

Does anyone have ideas for an alternative or "new & improved" Parisienne Walkways? After seeing so many old costumes revived in CiONTU and looking even better than before, it struck me that PW is always kind of saggy and blah. That it was the only costume not improved by Yuzuru's greatly evolved beauty & physical development over the years says a lot!

Although maybe I'd take it all back if he had skated in it... Plus it is historic after all. My ideas sound terrible even to me (jumpsuit with a belt, rock & roll mime, Hello I Love You??) which is why I'm curious. Just for fun!

2 minutes ago, LadySnowblood said:

Does anyone have ideas for an alternative or "new & improved" Parisienne Walkways? After seeing so many old costumes revived in CiONTU and looking even better than before, it struck me that PW is always kind of saggy and blah. That it was the only costume not improved by Yuzuru's greatly evolved beauty & physical development over the years says a lot!

Although maybe I'd take it all back if he had skated in it... Plus it is historic after all. My ideas sound terrible even to me (jumpsuit with a belt, rock & roll mime, Hello I Love You??) which is why I'm curious. Just for fun!

The costume was saggy around the shoulder area but compared to the old ones that he wore, PW seems more like a regular shirt.

13 hours ago, cinemacoconut said:

I wnt to see a silver costume frm yuzu like shomas vivaldi winter. But yuzu never wears silver, maybe cuz he thinks there might b a silver curse? 

It's evident that Yuzu hates silver when he was talking about his skating shoes at CWW Q&A corner. He said that the custom made shoes has black blades/edge instead of normal silver ones.

Gold and black combination looks like a rapper's colour scheme but white and gold would be more classy looking though I like more drama when it comes to his costume & music.<3

• 3 months later...