After seeing the Otonal costume twice in person I love the new version lot more than the ACI version. The dark gloves and the darker details which were added really make a big difference. His arms look longer because of the dark gloves, also the costume on his upper body doesn't look so short. The silver details which look like ice are so sparkly, they're so beautiful :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw: He looks regal in the costume<3  (well ofc it is not just the costume, he looks so confident these days, he has an aura of a king!)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Satomi made my purple Origin dreams come true. She and Yuzu are obviously stalking the forum.

WELCOME TO THE COSTUME THREAD, SATOMI! :68556365: I PRESENT SEVERAL HUMBLE SUGGESTIONS FOR OTONAL 2.0!!

• Get rid of the ruffle buildup on the back of the neck and around the collar. It makes him look hunched, same as Otonal 1.0. When you've got That Neck to work with, use it!
  • Make the front less bulky and adjust the pattern so that it looks optimal from all angles. Currently, the curve of the ruching on the non-wrap side gives Yuzu a belly from certain vantage points, where of course there is none.
  • Streamline the costume overall: his body lines cannot be seen very well compared with his other costumes, which makes his choreography less effective. It does not look like a flexible costume and even gives the impression of stiff movement. When the two new costumes are placed next to each other, you can see that Origin 2.0, like 1.0, is very flattering to Yuzu's figure, while he looks bigger and more blocky in Otonal 2.0 than in 1.0. The sheer, airy look of the sleeves makes the torso of the costume look even more heavy. Otonal's delicate piano music needs a lighter, sleeker, simpler touch in the costuming.
  • Consider changing the depth or tone of the colour, to create a contrast with the look of the previous two seasons' light blue SP tops. When repeating a program, something needs to change dramatically to keep things fresh in judges' minds. To those who don't pay close attention this might simply look like the exact same costume Yuzu has done 3 times before, and signal a lack of effort/imagination.

I remember Satomi saying the exact opposite thing about his neck and the ruffles,since his neck is long and slender you can use them and I remember thinking ,no no no Satomi the ruffles need to go like yesterday LOL

I whole heartly agree with you about all those changes too(especially about the  belly bit) 

• 7 months later...
29 minutes ago, Fulcher said:

planetarian costumes

58567d9130c78923ad36cbe9f16179a784e806bf

I quite like that deep red-orange on Yuzu! Mars? Orange tones have never been great for him on the rare occasions he's worn them, but maybe they need to be very vibrant instead of pumpkiny, peachy, yellowy. Venus isn't as good. 😆

• 1 year later...
On 5/18/2017 at 3:53 AM, Neenah said:

Whenever I think of R&J2, the state of Yuzu's hair after he finishes the program is always the first thing that comes to mind. He had a really messy hair situation going on that season. 

I love his hair so much.:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:  i want to make a thread about his hair but i dont know how to do that:helpsign:

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, hananistellata said:

Do you guys think TenChi's new costume will be the same? I figured that Yuzuru will ask miss Satomi to give it/remove some details and maybe even slightly change the colours since that's what he usually does when he recycles a program. Maybe it will be like Chopin, the idea is always the same and present but the colours and details change. 

I think that a darker version (just like the one in Sekkisei's promotion) would look breathtaking. :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

Yuzu always changes his costume if he keeps the same music. IMO, the excitement and speculation over what he's going to wear is part of the fun of being a Hanyu fan. I can't imagine fans of some of the other men's skaters have the same experience.

I've given up on trying to predict what the changes will be after Origin - I remember saying at ACI 2019 that there was no way for Yuzu and Satomi to improve on perfection for Origin 2.0. Yuzu immediately proved me wrong when he took off his jacket for the 6 minute warmup.