I love Otoñal costume. It's perfect - its length, symmetric aesthetics and COLOUR. Uh, I adore greyish blue so much. Thanks, Zu! :tumblr_m9gcv6So5s1qzckow:

Origin: unpopular opinion - I don't like it. It has beautiful details, but from afar it looks simply brown. And reminds me too much about my grandma's sweater and now I caN'T UNSEE!!:tumblr_inline_mzx8y3bms41r8msi5:

So, before the reveal of Otoñal and Origin costume, my ranking of Yuzu's favorite costume goes like this (EX costumes excluded, sorry :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:):

1. Seimei 2.0

2. Let's Go Crazy (purple one ofc :smiley-cool14: )

3. Ballade no. 1 2.0

4. POTO 2.0

5. Ballade no. 1 (the other ones)

6. Parisienne Walkways 2.0

7. R&J 1.0

8. Hope and Legacy

9. Etude

(...and the rest are my least favorites, I don't care about their placements :embSwan:)

...also yes I am one of those Yuzu fans who has to get used to his costuming style, ie. I can't quite like his typical costumes style (eg. H&L) right away unlike most other fans — as you can see from my ranking the ones that places the highest are more typically masculine — don't burn me at the stake please :smiley-scared007:

After the reveal, the ranking is now like this:

1. Seimei 2.0

2. Let's Go Crazy (purple one)

3. Ballade no. 1 2.0

4. POTO 2.0

5. Otoñal

6. Origin

7. Ballade no. 1 (the other ones)

8. Parisienne Walkways 2.0

9. R&J 1.0

10. Hope and Legacy

11. Etude

I like Otoñal, although it doesn't place that high in my list I must admit that blue-colored costume is my weak point (especially the one in the shades of Otoñal :loveeyes:) — such a weak point that it made me indifferent of any other opinions people have on Yuzu's Otoñal (eg. it's not autumnal enough, the ruffles on the waist is weird, etc.). It is a soothing costume to look at...:heart:

Origin is really fierce, also yeah if you ever have a Black Swan Yuzu fantasy then your wish is pretty much fulfilled with it :smiley-cool14:.

On 9/25/2018 at 4:41 PM, Bilge said:

To me H&L is one of my favourites i love the colours transition and the general form. Also for me the chopin order goes from last to first. My favorite vers is the last one. The color is brighter and i love the details around the neck, it looks more elegant to me while the first one is the most simple.

Me too, H&L is just something so special to me. I really like the Chopin V2 costume, because it has the golden crest line on the sides that looks sooo majestic! I don't know why but I have this illusion that those sharp crest adds some power and imprint on him (maybe because it was 2016 ss haha). But each vers of Chopin had something I like more than the others, I loved the neck decor of V3.

After the hd pictures with vivid lighting came out I absolutely love the Origin costume, and surprisingly both my sis and mom liked it too! My mom even said he should only wear black and white haha (consider her previous fav was Seimei). There's only a small detail that I wish were different on the costume is the shape of the skin line in front. It could be more graceful just a wee bit. But the black/gold patterns in the pic showed so beautifully  :201111231756430f6:

Unlike the Space Worm in The Avengers 1 I had thought to look like... *dodges tomatoes*

Interesting to see so much love for H&L costume. For me it was nice but looked like worse copy of Etude (which is still at the top of my list). Seimei (especially 2.0 design which was less busy, I also liked first show version) will always be at the top like most original one and Origin is almost at the top just cuz finally it's black :loveshower: (but I'm waiting to see it live for final impression))

Still I can't choose the most favorite  one cuz all Yuzu's costumes went well with the programmes (espesially those after R&J2 :68468287:)

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

Interesting to see so much love for H&L costume. For me it was nice but looked like worse copy of Etude (which is still at the top of my list). Seimei (especially 2.0 design which was less busy, I also liked first show version) will always be at the top like most original one and Origin is almost at the top just cuz finally it's black :loveshower: (but I'm waiting to see it live for final impression))

Still I can't choose the most favorite  one cuz all Yuzu's costumes went well with the programmes (espesially those after R&J2 :68468287:)

I feel the same way about H&L. I like it okay but definitely not in the top. Origin and Otoñal is definitely up there for me though. 

On 9/30/2018 at 9:41 PM, Figure_Frenzy said:

So, before the reveal of Otoñal and Origin costume, my ranking of Yuzu's favorite costume goes like this (EX costumes excluded, sorry :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:):

1. Seimei 2.0

2. Let's Go Crazy (purple one ofc :smiley-cool14: )

3. Ballade no. 1 2.0

4. POTO 2.0

5. Ballade no. 1 (the other ones)

6. Parisienne Walkways 2.0

7. R&J 1.0

8. Hope and Legacy

9. Etude

(...and the rest are my least favorites, I don't care about their placements :embSwan:)

...also yes I am one of those Yuzu fans who has to get used to his costuming style, ie. I can't quite like his typical costumes style (eg. H&L) right away unlike most other fans — as you can see from my ranking the ones that places the highest are more typically masculine — don't burn me at the stake please :smiley-scared007:

After the reveal, the ranking is now like this:

1. Seimei 2.0

2. Let's Go Crazy (purple one)

3. Ballade no. 1 2.0

4. POTO 2.0

5. Otoñal

6. Origin

7. Ballade no. 1 (the other ones)

8. Parisienne Walkways 2.0

9. R&J 1.0

10. Hope and Legacy

11. Etude

I like Otoñal, although it doesn't place that high in my list I must admit that blue-colored costume is my weak point (especially the one in the shades of Otoñal :loveeyes:) — such a weak point that it made me indifferent of any other opinions people have on Yuzu's Otoñal (eg. it's not autumnal enough, the ruffles on the waist is weird, etc.). It is a soothing costume to look at...:heart:

Origin is really fierce, also yeah if you ever have a Black Swan Yuzu fantasy then your wish is pretty much fulfilled with it :smiley-cool14:.

I have the permanently-disorganised's love of lists, so need to have a go at this, allowing for the fact that the three 2019 ones are works in progress... and adding in a few ring-ins just because I can...

1. Seimei 2 (the Olympic one - first last and probably forever)

2. Origin, yes already, and Etude, the most beautiful he ever wore and one of the most beautiful any skater has ever worn

3. a whole bunch of equal thirds very close behind... Hope & Legacy, POTO2, R&J 1, Notte Stellata, Seimei 1, Otonal, LGC purple and white, Requiem (it took time....), oh and yes, the red chocolate ad ones (I love how he looks in red, I so do)

4. all of the Chopins, both Parisian Walkways and the current Haru yo koi,

5. R&J2 because I have a soft spot for it

6. Then pretty much everything else....

(ps list is subject to change, depending on the video I'm rewatching at any given time)

No question, Origin is my new favourite with Seimei 2.0 a close second and PW after that.... and RJ 1.0 after that. As much as other costumes are pretty, I am a less is more person... whimsical is nice, but they do not rank at the top for my taste... although I really like Otonal and Chopin too. I don't care for HL at all, actually, or Requiem.  I like lots of bling, but not fluffy that much. 

I'll chime in: I think Origin is the best costume Hanyu's worn to date. To me it's the one that most expresses his true self - the beautiful but ferocious competitor.  So my ranking of his costumes is:

1. Origin

2. H&L/ Seimei 2.0/purple LGC ( tie)

3. Haru yo ko/ Hana ni Nare ( to me these costumes both have the same feel of springtime) 

4. Both Sochi costumes

And I could absolutely do without any of the costumes in the pale blues other than Otonal. I'm also really not fond of Ballade or Notte Stellata, I don't think those silhouettes flatter Zu. 

Ahh Yuzu has such gorgeous costumes :10636614:

It's really hard to rank them but my top 5 are probably:

1. Cowboy Zu

1. SEIMEI 2.0

2. Origin

3. Hope and Legacy

4. Étude

5. Otoñal

But I'm only including competition costumes. If I added his exhibition costumes, idk what the ranking would be, he has so many good ones :embSwan:

On 10/1/2018 at 2:55 AM, Lunna said:

Naniiiiii~ To me H&L is the amplified version of Etude. Of course Etude is already pretty on its own. Then some green and yellow happened and color transitions with a dash of srpinkles and H&L was born :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:  I also like the cloth piece on his shoulders in H&L more, it's softer, more subttle and light, all in the perfect degree to highlight everything. I don't know H&L seems like the simpliest costume of his, but it's so smooth that it just slipped right into my heart.

Though the competition is tough, especially with Origin and Otonal joining the field now, but H&L still has a good deffense! :10742286:

1 час назад, VyVy99 сказал:

Naniiiiii~ To me H&L is the amplified version of Etude. Of course Etude is already pretty on its own.

OK, it' just a matter of the different taste then :68468287: For me it's the opposite - not a fan of a white shoulder thing but in Etude it was on point and looked great especially during spins, it gave this feeling of waves :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: It was more dramatic like the program when H&L had softer music and softer costume.  I think I need to rewatch CWW now )))

But it's great that H&L is also loved :hugs:

For me, the ones that give the most ethereal feel would actually be Hope and Legacy and Haru yo Koi.

Both of them have this gradation of colors which I find exceptionally beautiful.

As for my personal favourites currently it's a tie between Seimei, Hope & Legacy and Origin.

2 hours ago, Lunna said:

OK, it' just a matter of the different taste then :68468287: For me it's the opposite - not a fan of a white shoulder thing but in Etude it was on point and looked great especially during spins, it gave this feeling of waves :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: It was more dramatic like the program when H&L had softer music and softer costume.  I think I need to rewatch CWW now )))

But it's great that H&L is also loved :hugs:

Have to say that one of my favourite bits of CWW is when he's doing the Parisian Walkways bit in the Etude costume.  But then I have a total thing for galas where he encores of the sexier, rakish pieces like PW or LGC wearing Swanyu or Requiem...

13 minutes ago, jinxxoo said:

I love the Origin and Otonal costumes. They are my new favorites. Just above the olympic season costumes.

I agree. In fact I somehow managed to love all his costumes. Yuzu simply looks appropriate in everything. My all-time favourites are R&J 1.0 - because it was Romeo material - and Requiem - because it incorporated that earthquake theme perfectly. 

Otonal and Origin though, they just stand out for me. They scream "Yuzuru" so much, I don't know how to describe it. Previously all of his costumes were fitted to the theme of the music. But these two are perfectly picturing Yuzu as a person and as a skater. 

(Don't know if it even makes sense but that's how I feel... )