Yaaaaaay for Yuzu @ CoR, which means I'll get a look at Moscow! One of those cities I wanted to visit some day anyway! :colorful-banana-smiley-emoticon:

Plus, my bby Waka will be there, and Mika, Deniss, Dima, Dany, Stol/Klim, Zhenya, Elena, Kaori... that's a great field :smiley-love017:

And man, the ladies field is really insane next season. That's one line of upcoming Hunger games right there.

Outside of those things, I might have been sitting here for a few minutes and stared happily at a certain name being listed again. Welcome back, Josh! :smiley-love017:

I was surprised that JSF kept Yuna S in NHK rather than Marin nor Kaori. Nothing for Sota, no surprise:slinkaway:maybe JSF will give him NHK's invitation. If not, I am afraid his chance for Pyeongchang is nearly nil. Mai is going against Alina for two GP events but fairly saying out of all Japanese ladies she and Satoko share the best shots for GPF. 

Either Brian Orser won't be at some competitions (and have Tracy be there instead) or TCC is going to be fairly empty of him throughout the GP series, for those who return to base for training in between assignments. It's going to be a rollercoaster of a GP series. 

I'm surprise Marin didn't get NHK, she has tough draw with back to back GP. The same with Yuna. I wonder why its not SC+NHK for Marin and COC+TEB for Yuna  :confused:.  Why JSF ....

9 hours ago, Katt said:

I'm surprise Marin didn't get NHK, she has tough draw with back to back GP. The same with Yuna. I wonder why its not SC+NHK for Marin and COC+TEB for Yuna  :confused:.  Why JSF ....

IKR! And Kaori gets COR+SA, the 1st one and the last. Seriously GP assignments for the three newbies could have been arranged with more sense.:sign0001:

14 hours ago, xeyra said:

Either Brian Orser won't be at some competitions (and have Tracy be there instead) or TCC is going to be fairly empty of him throughout the GP series, for those who return to base for training in between assignments. It's going to be a rollercoaster of a GP series. 

There are 2 TCC skaters at each competition, Brian being a primary coach of at least one of them (Yuzuru, Javier, Elizabet, Jun Hwan) - is he even going  to see home for 6 weeks? I imagine he won't skip Yuzu's or Javier comps, which would mean skipping one or both Jun Hwan's...

14 hours ago, Katt said:

Japan can't send their skaters to whichever GP they want, they can only chose who they want for NHK. 

I think the feds still have some talks to each other before the final decision. At least in Marin and Yuna's case, why not switch one of the event for them ? I think most skaters would avoid doing back to back events. 

I was hoping Yuzuru would chose to compete in the Finlandia Trophy (6th to 8th Oct) as preparation for his first GP fixture as he has had good luck in Finland - more likely he will do Autumn Classic in Sept now I would think.  Does anyone know when announcements are made for Challenger series? :confused:

8 minutes ago, Pamyu said:

I was hoping Yuzuru would chose to compete in the Finlandia Trophy (6th to 8th Oct) as preparation for his first GP fixture as he has had good luck in Finland - more likely he will do Autumn Classic in Sept now I would think.  Does anyone know when announcements are made for Challenger series? :confused:

Entries are usually released a month or so before the competition. But the skater or their team can sometimes announce their participation ahead of time.

22 minutes ago, ShiroKJ said:

Entries are usually released a month or so before the competition. But the skater or their team can sometimes announce their participation ahead of time.

Thank you ShiroKJ - likely to be a bit of a wait then! :sadPooh:

On 5/27/2017 at 15:23, Moria Polonius said:

There are 2 TCC skaters at each competition, Brian being a primary coach of at least one of them (Yuzuru, Javier, Elizabet, Jun Hwan) - is he even going  to see home for 6 weeks? I imagine he won't skip Yuzu's or Javier comps, which would mean skipping one or both Jun Hwan's...

I'm sure there will be a collective freakout if Brian skips one of Yuzu's comps, but not by me. TCC did great preparation this season having other team members fill in, and I feel confident in them. I love Tracy in the K&C, and things went fine having Tracy and Ghislain as his coaches for WTT (not perfect, but who knows if Brian's presence = clean SP. I don't think it's that simple). If anything, Jun Hwan probably needs Brian more, since he's so much less experienced. Maybe we should send Brian some vitamin supplements.

On 05/28/2017 at 14:33, Katt said:

I think the feds still have some talks to each other before the final decision. At least in Marin and Yuna's case, why not switch one of the event for them ? I think most skaters would avoid doing back to back events. 

The arrangement makes perfect sense if you consider chances to medal for each of them,not just avoiding jetlags. I assume Marin was left with the best options for her in this regard. The medal contenders at SC are Osmond and Pogorilaya,who can be inconsistent,and Zagitova and Daleman at CoC. Much better than almost sure-thing-3d place at NHK after Medvedeva and Satoko,or getting in the way of each other with Satoko at SA,or competing against Zagitova both times

3 hours ago, Cosha said:

The arrangement makes perfect sense if you consider chances to medal for each of them,not just avoiding jetlags. I assume Marin was left with the best options for her in this regard. The medal contenders at SC are Osmond and Pogorilaya,who can be inconsistent,and Zagitova and Daleman at CoC. Much better than almost sure-thing-3d place at NHK after Medvedeva and Satoko,or getting in the way of each other with Satoko at SA,or competing against Zagitova both times

I agree regarding SC but CoC will be very difficult for her to make it to the podium with Zagitova, Daleman and Higuchi on her way... And she has only 4 days between the two competitions. I don't think it was a wise decision especially in her first senior year. To me it looks more like JSF decided to give her a test for mental strength... Of course it's only my opinion.

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 22:53, Elaine said:

I was surprised that JSF kept Yuna S in NHK rather than Marin nor Kaori. Nothing for Sota, no surprise:slinkaway:maybe JSF will give him NHK's invitation. If not, I am afraid his chance for Pyeongchang is nearly nil. Mai is going against Alina for two GP events but fairly saying out of all Japanese ladies she and Satoko share the best shots for GPF. 

I love both Mai and Satoko, but Wakaba is such a powerful skater with great musicality -  I would hate her to miss out on the Olympics.......such a shame there are only 2 places for the Japanese women :yznotimpressed: