How Do I...?

This thread is for the FAQ-type of user questions about this forum. Here are the few that accumulated in the Suggestions thread. Oh boy, half of them are mine... :facepalm: 

I'm not sure if the last one is still relevant or if it was before the server move, so people who upload and resize stuff, feel free to edit the last one out if it's not needed anymore.

1. Q: How do I skip to first unread post of a thread?

A: Click the little circle/star next to the thread title.

2. Q: How does one set one's own user title?

A: Go to Edit Profile > Basic Info. Fill in the title you want into the blank Member Title field.

3. Q: Is there an introduction page explaining who Yuzuru is for newcomers?

A: Yes, it's in the opening post of the General Yuzuru Chat thread.

4. Q: How do I multiquote posts that are on different pages?

A: The plus sign next to 'Quote' is the multiquote button.

5. Q: Is there a way to resize images? In the previous forum we used the image tag instead of img but here we just need to post links and the image will appear, so I'm not sure if it's possible to resize them. 

A: You can select the image when it shows in the editor and resize it dragging the corners. It only works for some areas though.

Cannot find your question here? Go ahead and ask.

8 minutes ago, AsteroidB-612 said:

Can you please tell me how do I insert Twitter and Instagram link properly and have them show up as photos and videos instead of just a line of text? Thanks!

It's only possible in normal forum mode, and it's by simply posting the link (the forum will automatically embed). In mobile mode, though, I'm not sure it's possible to do more than just post a link. 

Just now, xeyra said:

It's only possible in normal forum mode, and it's by simply posting the link (the forum will automatically embed). In mobile mode, though, I'm not sure it's possible to do more than just post a link. 

Hmmm.. so I tried switching to desktop version of forum and posting the link like that but it didn't automatically embed? Am I missing a step ? Like for youtube there is this youtube button but for other links there is no such thing?

2 hours ago, AsteroidB-612 said:

Hmmm.. so I tried switching to desktop version of forum and posting the link like that but it didn't automatically embed? Am I missing a step ? Like for youtube there is this youtube button but for other links there is no such thing?

When you open a tweet, there's a symbol to drop a menu in the upper right corner. Click on the 'Copy link to Tweet' and paste that link in your reply. It works fine for me this way :10851464:

Thank you for opening this thread!! Just figured out pasting an URL for image works (but Inserting image from URL button does not work).

Q: is it possible to upload an image here? Or the only way is to insert an URL? 

Thanks

27 minutes ago, SSS said:

Thank you for opening this thread!! Just figured out pasting an URL for image works (but Inserting image from URL button does not work).

Q: is it possible to upload an image here? Or the only way is to insert an URL? 

Thanks

No we have disabled hosting of images! You can always upload them on imgur.com and paste them here

I'm seeing people talking about signatures and I also had one in the previous layout of the forum but since we changed, I don't see them and I can't find a tab or buttom for it in my profile page. Are signatures still available (and I don't see them)?

21 minutes ago, Puniyo said:

I'm seeing people talking about signatures and I also had one in the previous layout of the forum but since we changed, I don't see them and I can't find a tab or buttom for it in my profile page. Are signatures still available (and I don't see them)?

They are still available :) go to your profile settings, signature and turn on "View signatures?"

10 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

They are still available :) go to your profile settings, signature and turn on "View signatures?"

Ohh how silly of me! I should 'play' more with the settings once in a while... haha! 

Thanks ^^

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

um i know we can have animated gifs as our icons but how come when i try to upload it it comes back with a message "you can't upload animated gifs"?

how did you guys get animated gif as your icon?

You'll have to upload it somewhere else, like imgur.com and then link the avatar from there, sorry!

• 4 weeks later...

can i get some help please?? for some reason , everytime i try to post an image from imgur i get the following message... so i post the copied link as before ...but then i get the message below ...

http://imgur.com/a/8HfPe

The link could not be embedded because there is no image at that URL.... any ideas why i get this message instead of the picture posting as it did before,, i can clearly see the pic i am trying to post in Imgur but then it will not work,,,, i would appreciate any help ,, 

thanks