How Do I...?

this is more out of curiosity, since I've managed to do what I needed anyway:

I was updating the thread with the Planet glossary and needed to link to a post in the general chat. I remember I could do that through the proper option in (iirc) the upper right corner of the post, but now I can only see the report button there, has the layout changed?

As I said, I managed to link to the post anyway, I was just wondering if it's really changed or I merely can't find it and it's still under my nose:1:

30 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

this is more out of curiosity, since I've managed to do what I needed anyway:

I was updating the thread with the Planet glossary and needed to link to a post in the general chat. I remember I could do that through the proper option in (iirc) the upper right corner of the post, but now I can only see the report button there, has the layout changed?

As I said, I managed to link to the post anyway, I was just wondering if it's really changed or I merely can't find it and it's still under my nose:1:

I think if you click "Posted X minutes ago" it should give a link?

12 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I think if you click "Posted X minutes ago" it should give a link?

yes that's how I linked, but I remember once there was another option built in the forum layout that made me see the full link and I could copy the full link through "copy link" (instead of opening the browser menu through right click on "posted x minutes ago")

As I said, it's just out of curiosity, maybe I was the only one using the other method:laughing:

I've also noticed one more thing: in a post with other posts quoted, there used to be the option of opening the original post through the quote. Apparently I can't do that anymore(?)

Are you able to open the original post through the quote? The only clickable thing of a quote is the poster's profile now

ETA: again, it isn't a can'tlivewithoutit kind of thing, it was just a tool I found useful when searching sources to link in the Glossary, for example yesterday I was searching pics related to the Armani black T-shirt and in a post I found there was a quote and the quoted post was the one I truly wanted to link in the glossary... but I couldn't get to the original post (well, of course I could search in the previous pages, and that's why the lack of this option isn't vital, just makes my lazy self weep a little):embSwan:

4 hours ago, LadyLou said:

yes that's how I linked, but I remember once there was another option built in the forum layout that made me see the full link and I could copy the full link through "copy link" (instead of opening the browser menu through right click on "posted x minutes ago")

As I said, it's just out of curiosity, maybe I was the only one using the other method:laughing:

I've also noticed one more thing: in a post with other posts quoted, there used to be the option of opening the original post through the quote. Apparently I can't do that anymore(?)

Are you able to open the original post through the quote? The only clickable thing of a quote is the poster's profile now

ETA: again, it isn't a can'tlivewithoutit kind of thing, it was just a tool I found useful when searching sources to link in the Glossary, for example yesterday I was searching pics related to the Armani black T-shirt and in a post I found there was a quote and the quoted post was the one I truly wanted to link in the glossary... but I couldn't get to the original post (well, of course I could search in the previous pages, and that's why the lack of this option isn't vital, just makes my lazy self weep a little):embSwan:

Hm, I click on this? Does it not exist anymore?

5PCZuce.png

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Hm, I click on this? Does it not exist anymore?

5PCZuce.png

that's exactly what I was thinking about, but I can't see it anymore:tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg:

this is what I see now:68271262:

SgPLtND.jpeg

no arrow and as I said nothing clickable other than the name of the poster:14066882:

I'll try in another browser, otherwise I have no idea...

EDIT: YES, it's a browser thing:1:

Firefox doesn't show the arrow while Chrome does. I feel betrayed by my fave browser:sad-smiley-046:

sorry for all the fuss, and thank you for your patience:thanks:

EDIT 2: by the way, in Chrome I also see the option I was talking about to share/link a post

XsoL1sP.jpeg

while in Firefox there is... "report post" and nothing else:drama:

5cvr7Fh.jpeg

36 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

that's exactly what I was thinking about, but I can't see it anymore:tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pjd1FzUP1qdlkyg:

this is what I see now:68271262:

SgPLtND.jpeg

no arrow and as I said nothing clickable other than the name of the poster:14066882:

I'll try in another browser, otherwise I have no idea...

EDIT: YES, it's a browser thing:1:

Firefox doesn't show the arrow while Chrome does. I feel betrayed by my fave browser:sad-smiley-046:

sorry for all the fuss, and thank you for your patience:thanks:

EDIT 2: by the way, in Chrome I also see the option I was talking about to share/link a post

XsoL1sP.jpeg

while in Firefox there is... "report post" and nothing else:drama:

5cvr7Fh.jpeg

Hmm, might be a bug on Invision Power Board's end. I can try to file a ticket.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/4/2021 at 3:20 PM, hananistellata said:

I've noticed that a lot of people have gifs or little quotes that appear under every post of theirs. How can I add those as well? And if I do add them will I be able to change or remove them?

if you go to your name

yj0wbNJ.png

you should be able to click on Account Settings and in there you should find Signature :D 

• 10 months later...