Japanese study group

Hydroblade

12 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

He is a great teacher :D he teaches japanese all week! (including sundays).

A teacher really helps a lot, it's the only way i was able to get over the wall in my learning. I'm sure you can find good teachers in your city :D i am taking classes at the Japanese Association (and we're having our 文化祭 this sunday! So excited:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:), maybe that's a good choice :D

The first time I tried learning I did so at the Japanese Association of my city! Then I had to move for college and stopped :13877886: but it's a great idea, I'll try and see if I can get into classes here.

What are you gonna do for the festival? :7562096:

10 hours ago, axelnojutsu said:

I told my 先生 today that I can't hand in the kanji assignment this week because I'm going to see 羽生選手 and she just told me "I hope you don't get sick for the rest of the semester then" :gla:

She knows you :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the right thread for it, but are there any Japanese people here who can recommend a good matcha tea brand? I know there is culinary, premium and ceremonial grade and I'm looking for: 

- a good ceremonial grade matcha tea

- a good non-ceremonial grade matcha tea I can drink every day

I was looking at amazon today and there are just so many misleading offers, like 'ceremonial-matcha' that is not ceremonial grade, or 'ceremonial grade' that is produced in china etc. etc. 

I heard Kyoto is a good place for matcha? What kind of matcha tea brands are popular and secure in Japan? Thanks a lot! :)  

5 minutes ago, Eclair said:

Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the right thread for it, but are there any Japanese people here who can recommend a good matcha tea brand? I know there is culinary, premium and ceremonial grade and I'm looking for: 

- a good ceremonial grade matcha tea

- a good non-ceremonial grade matcha tea I can drink every day

I was looking at amazon today and there are just so many misleading offers, like 'ceremonial-matcha' that is not ceremonial grade, or 'ceremonial grade' that is produced in china etc. etc. 

I heard Kyoto is a good place for matcha? What kind of matcha tea brands are popular and secure in Japan? Thanks a lot! :)  

I'd say Random Thought theater might be an alternative thread, or we have 2 different threads for cooking stuff! (everything in the Junk section) 

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

I'd say Random Thought theater might be an alternative thread, or we have 2 different threads for cooking stuff! (everything in the Junk section) 

ah ok, then I'll post it there :) thanks!

Hi guys, can anyone recommend any websites and online activities for practicing for N5 exam (especially kanji and vocabulary), that you can use on your PC? You see, I'm one of the last few standing who still resist the lure of smartphones and their apps. :)

5 hours ago, LeadenMyr said:

So. Lightheartedness. My inner fanyu shone through in a homework assignment (I was told to write a birthday card, what was I to do?) and now I'm embarrassed with my Japanese teacher.

:13877886::13877886::13877886:

WIX2si8.png

We had to write an email two weeks ago and I wrote about my trip to Helsinki and how awesome it was because 羽生選手 won :space:  and then it made me sad when we got it back on Monday :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys! 

I am new to Japanese - currently at the level of greetings, vague introduction of my family, talking about my breakfest and lunch and starting to describe the house...

Not very much at the moment, but I am trying to lead my way through to the figure skating interviews. :68468287:

よろしくおねがいします。

7 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Hi guys! 

I am new to Japanese - currently at the level of greetings, vague introduction of my family, talking about my breakfest and lunch and starting to describe the house...

Not very much at the moment, but I am trying to lead my way through to the figure skating interviews. :68468287:

よろしくおねがいします。

Welcome, compatriot, and good luck! Do you learn by yourself, or do you take classes?

Hello! I've been learning Japanese for about a year now but only 5 months with a teacher.  I really enjoy it!  I haven't mentioned Yuzuru in my lessons but I do have his doll sitting behind me on my dresser ;) 

Yuzuru talks so fast in interviews!

I can only pick up a few words.