Japanese study group

Hydroblade

40 минут назад, surimi сказал:

Thanks for the link, I think I'll go and check it. Just curious, do you get good results when you use Google translate? Because eventhough I'm also a speaker of a Slavic language, whenever I try to use google translate I get incredible nonsense. Granted, I only use it to read FS related blog posts and articles which are definitely not normal vocabulary, but still. It's an incomprehensible mess.

I translate only to English not to Russian (it's a mess) - it makes sense in short sentences at least

ごんばわ,私は安子です。私は中國の留学生,私がアメリカに留学する。As I started to focus on Hanyu two months ago, I decided to learn Japanese. I believe the best way to understand a specific social culture is to learn its linguistic context. THAT"S WHY I AM HERE~ Nice to meet you guys!!!!

On 6/20/2018 at 2:34 PM, Anzi said:

ごんばわ,私は安子です。私は中國の留学生,私がアメリカに留学する。As I started to focus on Hanyu two months ago, I decided to learn Japanese. I believe the best way to understand a specific social culture is to learn its linguistic context. THAT"S WHY I AM HERE~ Nice to meet you guys!!!!

Nice to meet you as well :). Are you learning by yourself or in a course?

13 minutes ago, Deliverpooh said:

Nice to meet you as well :). Are you learning by yourself or in a course?

I am learning by myself, which to some extent is more challenging than enrolling in a course. But I think it's a good way to train myself with the ability of systematical self-learning. I have been struggling with Japanese grammar rules, which I think are pretty interesting! For me it more likes a game rule and you need to figure it out by yourself so you can understand and play it.

So i had an oral examination this past saturday...

And i improvised:peekapooh: because i've been veeeeeeeery busy and didn't have time to prepare something...

Of course i talked about figure skating and why i like Yuzu so much. And how that's a motivation for me to study japanese.

AND I PASSED:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:!!!

That gave me a lot of confidence in my skills, being able to improvise about something, in japanese, for five minutes? I can barely do that in spanish :rofl:

I'm sooooo looking forward to the next semester :embSwan:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some of my favourite animals in Japanese:

鯨 - kujira - whale

海豚 - iruka - dolphin

麒麟 - kirin -giraffe

章魚 - tako -octopus

Because they're useful:

蜘蛛 - kumo - spider

And basically because I can't remember the words:67638860::

蚊 - ka - mosquito

雀蜂 - suzumebachi - wasp (or hornet?):smiley-scared007:

20 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I passed N5 :coolio: though my scores are far from the best... not Yuzu level more like falling all over the place Kolyada :rofl:

Will try N4 next, not sure about December though... to many FS events in November :giggle:

Congrats! I've registered for my N5 in December. I'm awaiting it with some trepidation because I suck big time at listening exercises. :headslap:

So um, now I'm also probably going to be joining you guys. Work place is providing japanese lessons at lunch break, twice a week, so I'm now enrolled in that class.

I still suck at IDing Katanaka characters (hiragana is so much easier). And japanese kanji is just....there are so many characters that are no longer used in Chinese, so when I see some kanji, I always want to read it as something similar in Chinese, to be told the meaning is totally wrong.

Actually, how the language works, makes me think that I'm trying to say something following the mannerisms and grammar rules of 10th century chinese. It really feels like that.

1 час назад, surimi сказал:

Congrats! I've registered for my N5 in December. I'm awaiting it with some trepidation because I suck big time at listening exercises. :headslap:

Yeah, that's the hard part cuz you only have one take at listening, so you must be very observant from the beginning, even if I understood almost all dialogues to choose right answer was challenging in part of them (same problem with reading part plus really little time).

For N4 I must do more tests beforehand that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Xen said:

So um, now I'm also probably going to be joining you guys. Work place is providing japanese lessons at lunch break, twice a week, so I'm now enrolled in that class.

I still suck at IDing Katanaka characters (hiragana is so much easier). And japanese kanji is just....there are so many characters that are no longer used in Chinese, so when I see some kanji, I always want to read it as something similar in Chinese, to be told the meaning is totally wrong.

Actually, how the language works, makes me think that I'm trying to say something following the mannerisms and grammar rules of 10th century chinese. It really feels like that.

Yay! Join us, we have mochi! 

4 hours ago, Xen said:

:darklordyuzu: WELCOME

Also aaah i'm jealous of you guys, i'm taking the N4 next year but i'm pretty sure i'd pass it should i take it this year. I don't want to take any chances, though, so i will wait and take my school's prep course for the N4:P

I'm already studying way over my level with some books i bought because i  don't want to limit myself to a "level" haahahahaha and i study kanji like a madman :59227c768286a__s: i just want to get to a point where i feel more comfortable with my skill as fast as possible:59227c768286a__s: