Other Sports

sallycinnamon

11 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

OMG! Did you saw his match with Raonic today??? He's an alien! The way he moves and his speed at 36 ... he played amazing!!! Yes! Go Roger!!!

Yes, I have, and I have just finished to watch the recap too. :biggrin:

The guy is unbelieveable. Raonic played well in the third set, and when he started to control the game at 4:3,  then came Roger and turned it around with masterful shots and exceptionally intelligent play. Raonic didn't even had a chance from that point.

And I won't embed it now, but I have to share the short summary of the match here:rofl:

1 minute ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yes, I have, and I have just finished to watch the recap too. :biggrin:

The guy is unbelieveable. Raonic played well in the third set, and when he started to control the game at 4:3,  then came Roger and turned it around with masterful shots and exceptionally intelligent play. Raonic didn't even had a chance from that point.

And I won't embed it now, but I have to share the short summary of the match: here:rofl:

That tie break was just amazing! And Raonic really played well in the 3rd set. Roger is a genius!!! GoAT!!!

Okay... which idiot decided it was a Good Idea to schedule Wimbledon, de Tour de France, the CHIO Aachen (most awesomest equestrian event in the world barring Euros/Worlds) *and* the Worlds championships Diving (and later, the other swimming events) ... *at the same time* ????!!! *glares*  :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Winnie_20 said:

Okay... which idiot decided it was a Good Idea to schedule Wimbledon, de Tour de France, the CHIO Aachen (most awesomest equestrian event in the world barring Euros/Worlds) *and* the Worlds championships Diving (and later, the other swimming events) ... *at the same time* ????!!! *glares*  :facepalm:

So true! The next coming weeks will be exciting! There will be also Formula One - British GP this weekend. :agree:

EASY WIN!!! I NEED TO WATCH THE FINAL!!!!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED, WHAT A GREAT YEAR FOR ROGER!!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

their head-to-head is 6-1 although cilic has an awesome semifinal win over roger wayy back in 2014 (wow has it been that long??) when nishikori also broke through to the final...and then cilic went on to win his first grand slam....... i was so surprised back then i thought roger had an easy path to another slam but no :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: cilic's had a tougher path to the final than roger but all of that means nothing really if someone has an off day.

but honestly i think roger is in better shape this time around!

On 2017. 07. 14. at 9:52 PM, yuzuangel said:

EASY WIN!!! I NEED TO WATCH THE FINAL!!!!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED, WHAT A GREAT YEAR FOR ROGER!!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

their head-to-head is 6-1 although cilic has an awesome semifinal win over roger wayy back in 2014 (wow has it been that long??) when nishikori also broke through to the final...and then cilic went on to win his first grand slam....... i was so surprised back then i thought roger had an easy path to another slam but no :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: cilic's had a tougher path to the final than roger but all of that means nothing really if someone has an off day.

but honestly i think roger is in better shape this time around!

I think Roger is in better form now than he was in the past five or six years. His 2013 and 2014 seasons weren't that good so it wasn't really a surprise that he couldn't win a slam in those years and Cilic beat him on the US Open.

The only time they played against each other on grass was last year at Wimbledon QF, and it was a five-set killer. I think Roger has better chances now, but it will be a very tough match and Cilic will be a difficult opponent! Anything can happen tomorrow. But I truly hope Roger can make it and win his 8th Wimbledon title. Fingers crossed! :fingerscrossed:

Now he has to catch Martina with #9!!!

It was not a great match in all honesty, but it made watching it so much easier for me! I had tears in my eyes. Now I will got something full of chocolate to eat to celebrate. Bring on the US Open.