Other Sports

sallycinnamon

Federer is about 1.85 m, so he is not small either :) It's just there are tennis players who are almost 2 m tall. 

Btw, Tommy Haas got a wild card for Wimbledon, I'm happy to see him again soon! 

Meanwhile, the ticket selling for FINA Worlds has been reopened again, but I have to wait until evening when I can book my tickets. I hope it won't be too late... I'd really want to go to one of the swimming events in the evening (when the finals will be), and to one of the waterpolo matches too. 

4 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

What exactly happened? :confused:

Lots of change in the rules - so its very difficult to tell what is a good performance from the score and what is just ok.  So until we have a years worth of results it's quite difficult to see where the boundaries are.  For example the gold medal at Rio was won with a score of 92.365- the highest score so far under the new scoring regime, ( which shifts the points accorded to various elements and outlaws certain moves/ techniques) according to an online table is 87.800.  

I just imagine everyone here going nuts after the Olympic season is over and the ISU makes its changes- bit like I'm doing over the gymnastics scores at the moment.

While it is the off season in figure skating (:smiley-sad016:), the next coming weeks will be exciting in other sports...

Starting with Federer vs Dimitriev and Nadal vs Muller matches tomorrow at Wimbledon, the second week of the tournament will be really exciting! 

Next week the FINA World Championships also begins, and I'm already very excited because I have tickets for swimming, water polo, and synchronized swimming events :5918bdaa089ab_0015(1):

Just now, sallycinnamon said:

While it is the off season in figure skating (:smiley-sad016:), the next coming weeks will be exciting in other sports...

Starting with Federer vs Dimitriev and Nadal vs Muller matches tomorrow at Wimbledon, the second week of the tournament will be really exciting! 

Next week the FINA World Championships also begins, and I'm already very excited because I have tickets for swimming, water polo, and synchronized swimming events :5918bdaa089ab_0015(1):

I can't wait to see Federer tomorrow, and Simona ofc!!! I hope both reach the final! :clap:

And abt swimming, how amazing that the WC is in Budapest! You are so lucky!!! Hope you have a good time!!! :2thumbsup:

Just now, ralucutzagy said:

I can't wait to see Federer tomorrow, and Simona ofc!!! I hope both reach the final! :clap:

And abt swimming, how amazing that the WC is in Budapest! You are so lucky!!! Hope you have a good time!!! :2thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch Fed tomorrow, because I get home quite late..

Recaps are never the same, but I try not to check the results tomorrow and watch the best bits of the match in the evening.. I hope that I can watch all the quarterfinals, semifinals and finals later in the week :)

I'm really happy for Budapest because originally we would have organized the event in 2021, but since Guadalajara withdrew from hosting the World Championships in 2015, we were awarded to organize it this year. And because of this, Hungary will compete with one of its strongest swimming teams (with Olympic champions/medalists from the older generation, and also Olympic medalists/promising talents from the young generation). In 2021, most of our best swimmers from the older generations, like Hosszu, Cseh or Gyurta will be retired anyway.

This World Championships will be the biggest sporting event Hungary has ever organized, so I hope that everything will go smoothly, I'm really excited :fingerscrossed: