Other Sports

sallycinnamon

Well Team Japan have softened me up so it should be easy for Mr Hanyu to finish me off next weekend.  They were going so well but Tanaka and Tanigawa senior fell on the PB and floor respectively.  Uchimura did PB as well as PH, rings and HB and nailed the lot with 14+ scores so if he can only heal his ankles he should be able to feature in Tokyo 2020 and the team have secured their spot there.  Weird to see TJ going round the apparatus with team USA- polite restraint alongside the noisy frat boy whooping and cheering, which I personally find very offputting, but according to the commentators is part of their collegiate culture 🙄

Very exciting final.  Happy for the Russians after Monday.  Tim Daggett stirred up the non USA part of the internet by overhyping Mikulak (as usual) carrying on as if he was a shoo in and Nemesis struck him down on the HB for the hubris of his country’s media - sound at all familiar?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hope Kobayashi makes it to the grand slam.

The Team are real contenders this season - I’m seeing levels of anxiety and OMG we are the chased not the chaser among the football supporters that’s usually my situation.