Other Sports

sallycinnamon

On 3/23/2018 at 5:12 AM, Sombreuil said:

AI technical judge for gymnastics in Tokyo 2020?  if it works for gymnastics.........

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/nov/04/ai-judges-gymnastics-olympics?CMP=share_btn_link

day 1 in Doha - pommels a problem again...

I didn’t know this thread existed :laughing: I was just YouTubing his first competition since his injury. 

This came into my tumblr dash:

You all know my wish, yeah? Any sport, but especially Gymanstic with Uchimura, vs Figure Skating with Yuzuru Hanyu. But then, I guess it'll be much more difficult for any first timer on ice no matter how good they are at their sport. But, I can always wish:biggrin:

I can't abide Nile Wilson - so laddish and noisy at competitions, bit like some of the Americans.  I love Team Japan for their elegance but I admire their manners too.  But poor Kohei - he's just recovered from that ankle injury and you want to put him in skates???  Safer to have Yuzuru try some floor exercises or HB with a nice deep pit full of foam underneath it.  :)

1 minute ago, Sombreuil said:

I can't abide Nile Wilson - so laddish and noisy at competitions, bit like some of the Americans.  I love Team Japan for their elegance but I admire their manners too.  But poor Kohei - he's just recovered from that ankle injury and you want to put him in skates???  Safer to have Yuzuru try some floor exercises or HB with a nice deep pit full of foam underneath it.  :)

Oh, I have no special interest in either of those two athletes. But that video is something:biggrin:

And since I know Uchimura, as an extension of knowing Yuzu, I'd imagine it'll at least be hilarious. But yes, no skating on ice for a venture out of your sport when you just recover from an ankle injury.