Other Sports

sallycinnamon

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a ticket for the first competition of the Short Track World Cup series this coming weekend. It'll be a qualification event for the Olympic Games and the first out of four World Cup events. I have never really watched speed skating before, I just watched a couple of competitions from Sochi, but lately the sport is getting popular in my country and TV broadcasts some competitions too. It's pretty exciting.

Victor Ahn will be competing, too, I'm looking forward to see him skate!:smiley-happy105:

was lucky enough to see Table Tennis single worlds in real live in may. It was glorious... Timo, Dima, Jun, Koki, it was nice to see you play again after team worlds in 2012. 

It's funny to see how everyone else bands together when someone has to go against one of the chinese players XDD. And it was great to see Zhang Jike shush his fanclub because their where destroying his concentration. (really chinese table tennis fans can get very annoying)..

And also yay our mens team won team euros (women got silver).

Sryfor ranting...

18 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

World MAG :cry: Uchimura withdraws injured

I saw the tweets/news... :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

From: Kohei Uchimura pulls out of world all-around, record streak ends

He was given crutches to get around the arena, watching his countrymen finish the night.

“I feel very sorry for the people who came to support me,” Uchimura said, according to a translator. “I apologize to my teammates.”

ETA: Don't feel sorry and don't apologise. You've done well and to me, you will always be King Kohei!

tumblr_oo2t82EGnN1u604cmo1_540.gif

[source]

8 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

My compatriot, Simona Halep is in the last round at Beijing Open and starting monday she will be number 1 in the world! Finally! After all the hard work and the injuries, she did it!!!! Congratulations, Simona, all romanians are so proud of you!!!! :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxxtJ1qz4rgp:<3:2thumbsup::clap::smiley-happy085::10742289:

That's a huge achievement, congratulations to her! :clap:

Back home and catching up ( not with PH, no hope of that but with everything else). Very interesting interview with Uchimura from before the W Championships translated on tumblr in which he says he dislikes being coached and has only recently, since turning pro and using a university friend as coach who seems more collaborative, sorted out a fault on rings which since the new CoP came in is more heavily penalised than before. ( Also a FIG vid on YouTube of him trying to carry on on PB which gave me heart failure.). Made me think of YH and his improved relationship with his team, and also the way they both plough on with injuries until they keel over!

One of my favourite vids of all time is Ludmila Tourischeva on asymetric bars finishing her routine and dismounting as the bars collapsed behind her- talk about grace under pressure!