Other Sports

sallycinnamon

Great job, Roger!! If Rafa had pulled off the break there and evened up the 4th set he would have had the momentum and who knows what would have happened....... so lucky to see the best 2 players ever play against each other.

Good luck to Simona tomorrow. The tennis gods have been very kind to Serena. When Osaka lost early and Pliskova, Barty and Kvitova lost to lower ranked people in the quarters,  giving her an easier road to the final i figured the stars were aligning for her. I hope it is a good match and Halep gives it her all. 

I’m really pleased for her - she played so well. :smiley-happy085:

Just spoken to my my mother (89) who was thrilled by the ladies match ( she was a keen player in her day) - she says she doesn’t dare to watch Federer tomorrow as she’s afraid of jinxing him - relatable ....

I actually didn't see the match today, but the numbers, only 3 unforced errors (!) and the score tell the story. Congratulations to Simona, and Romania, on the Wimbledon Championship. And how adorable was it to hear her say she had really hoped the Duchess of Cambridge would be there to watch and then she got to meet her. I think she's having a very good day!

My mother loves an underdog who plays clever rather than power tennis - her all time favourite was Maria Bueno.  We disagreed horribly over Navratilova v Evert.  Martina is my all time fave

I like the clever ones too... so many ball bashers that just hit hard these days and don't have all the skills and touch. My favourite is Steffi. Yes, fraulein forehand kind of makes my claim a lie, but she had smarts too and a clever little slice and could run forever. It wasn't all just bash bash. I enjoyed the Steffi v. Martina matches when Martina was still prime and Steffi was up and coming. Two total opposites made the matches very interesting. I consider them greater than Serena, no matter what the numbers say.