Other Sports

sallycinnamon

On 6/22/2019 at 7:15 AM, Coquelicot said:

Another Sendai boy! :clap:

I think Rui is from Toyama, not Miyagi.  Toyama is on the Japan Sea (west).  

Good to see so many great bi-racial athletes breaking down the racial barriers in Japan (Naomi Osaka, Sani-Brown, Cambridge Asuka, among others).  

10 hours ago, Umebachi said:

I think Rui is from Toyama, not Miyagi.  Toyama is on the Japan Sea (west).  

Good to see so many great bi-racial athletes breaking down the racial barriers in Japan (Naomi Osaka, Sani-Brown, Cambridge Asuka, among others).  

Ah, true!  I saw that he went to high school in Sendai though, so in a way, he's still repping Sendai!   ;)   And I agree, it is really exciting to see!

:omg:We are through!!!! Romania in the U21 EC Soccer semifinal!!! Romania qualified for Tokyo Olympics!!! WOW!!! :cheer::smiley-love025::665e343793b9:

:clapping-smiley:Congrats to all 4 semifinalists.:clapping-smiley:

Romania :11135030:

France

Germany

Spain

Is anyone watching Copa America? :smiley-sport002:

I like this tournament because I love South American football, and if I have time I watch it (but sadly most matches are at night in my timezone...)

The group stages are over, and one of the non Conmebol teams in this tournament, Japan couldn't qualify to the next round. 

The quarterfinals will begin tomorrow with Brazil vs Paraguay, then Venezuela vs Argentina, Colombia vs Chile and Uruguay vs Peru. 

The 1st Artistic Gymnastics Junior Worlds is this week, the individual apparatus finals are closing the competition today. I enjoy watching it, some of the gymnasts are as good as the seniors.

A few days ago the oldest living Olympic Champion, 98-year old Agnes Keleti cheered for the gymnasts in the arena (she won 5 gold medals in the 1950s). How nice! :) 

Team Japan MAG extremely strong - took 1st 3 places all around.  Did I recognise Oka’s coach from the winning team in Athens?  Also Ukraine doing well which is good to see considering how little funding they get - Verniaev effect?

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Roger wins the first set (7-6) against Rafa in the semifinal. Roger played a bit better than Rafa in the set but I was a bit worried in the beginning of the tie-break, Nadal was a bit better there. I'm rooting for Roger. :) 

There you go. I have a Eurosport Player abonnement, but Sky-Pay TV has acquired the broadcasting rights for Wimbledon this season...  :deadinside:

Now I can't watch this historic match... :13877886:

17 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

There you go. I have a Eurosport Player abonnement, but Sky-Pay TV has acquired the broadcasting rights for Wimbledon this season...  :deadinside:

Now I can't watch this historic match... :13877886:

If you have Eurosport Player then you can watch it on that one? It's the first time since....forever that I'm watching it on Eurosport 1 (TV) because previously Eurosport didn't have the broadcast rights? 

And Federer wins the third set 6-3. 

8 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

If you have Eurosport Player then you can watch it on that one? It's the first time since....forever that I'm watching it on Eurosport 1 (TV) because previously Eurosport didn't have the broadcast rights? 

And Federer wins the third set 6-3. 

ESP Germany lost the broadcast rights this season and only offers a live ticker (that I'm following at the moment).

Currently on E1 GER: Athletics Universiade in Napoli

E2 GER: Athletics U23 European Championships

Bonus channels: same plus motor cycling

No tennis anywhere... :13877886:

I thought about changing my VPN, but I'm not sure, if that works with the ESP...

29 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

ESP Germany lost the broadcast rights this season and only offers a live ticker (that I'm following at the moment).

Currently on E1 GER: Athletics Universiade in Napoli

E2 GER: Athletics U23 European Championships

Bonus channels: same plus motor cycling

No tennis anywhere... :13877886:

I thought about changing my VPN, but I'm not sure, if that works with the ESP...

It sucks :( I tried to hunt down a stream but couldn't find any. There are so many fake pages in google or fake twitter profiles that offer "links". :/ 

It's 5-3 for Roger anyway, he can win this soon. He's playing better than Rafa.