Other Sports

sallycinnamon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Is anyone watching Table Tennis World Championships?

I'm watching it and rooting for Tomokazu. The competition is in my hometown and it'd be nice to go there but not sure if I can make it. 

Lot of upsets. But that's table tennis for you. A bit sad for Dima and Jun but still rooting for Tomokazu and Timo. Take the chance to go see it live! I went in 2012 and 2017 and it was great... The speed and skill and the sorrounding spectacle are well worth it. 

Eta: oh I forgot Niwa Koki kun

3 hours ago, Sayu93 said:

Lot of upsets. But that's table tennis for you. A bit sad for Dima and Jun but still rooting for Tomokazu and Timo. Take the chance to go see it live! I went in 2012 and 2017 and it was great... The speed and skill and the sorrounding spectacle are well worth it. 

Eta: oh I forgot Niwa Koki kun

I won't get the chance to watch such a big competition in the near future live so I decided to go to the arena tomorrow and root for the men. It's going to be really exciting. Today Xu Xin lost against Simon Gauzy, which was a bit surprising but things like this happen in this sport. 

I hope Tomokazu will have a great match against An. I'll be also curious about the Chinese guys and also Niwa Koki! Timo will have a good chance against Jang, hope for a good match there as well.

I'll bring my binocular, just in case.

13 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I won't get the chance to watch such a big competition in the near future live so I decided to go to the arena tomorrow and root for the men. It's going to be really exciting. Today Xu Xin lost against Simon Gauzy, which was a bit surprising but things like this happen in this sport. 

I hope Tomokazu will have a great match against An. I'll be also curious about the Chinese guys and also Niwa Koki! Timo will have a good chance against Jang, hope for a good match there as well.

I'll bring my binocular, just in case.

Timo T_T this is no time to get ill

5 hours ago, Sayu93 said:

Timo T_T this is no time to get ill

I felt sorry for him that he had to WD...What a shame. There were many fans from Germany who went there to cheer for him today.

There were many exciting matches though. Pucar vs Niwa was the most exciting! It was also great to see Ma Long, he is so skilled. At the same time, it was a surprise that Fan lost against Liang.  

I felt so sorry for Tomokazu. Apart from the second game he couldn't really find the rhythm today but still it was great to watch him play, he has so much potential, what a talented player he is. Hope for many successes for him in the future.