Other Sports

sallycinnamon

Today is that weird point in August where the Test cricket overlaps with the start of the football season, so the tv has been on all day and will be on for MOTD after the cricket finishes - and there’s still no news of media day :tantrum:

The FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup is wrapping up in France - the semi-finals just ended today. Japan won over England (2:0) and Spain defeated France (1:0), both games were fun to watch.

Japan has a really good team! And there's going to be a JPN-ESP final on Friday - love me some good ol' Japan-Spain rivalry, tee hee. :biggrin:

Closing ceremony Asian Games 2018 Jakarta-Palembang

It was pouring down!!

Final medal tally:

China went awaaaaaaay ahead of everyone else.

FYI: The Asian games is the 2nd largest sports event after the Summer Olympics.

Indonesia stepped up to host it about 4 years ago when Vietnam pulled out.

It wasn't perfect, but considering everything, it was a great game.

The North and South Koreas marched again as one.

A day too late but did anyone watch the Nadal-Thiem match yesterday? As a Rafa fan that was a stressful match! There was this man with a fleshy pink shirt on that they kept focusing on throughout the match and he must've been a Rafa fan too because everytime Rafa misses they show him looking hella stressed out--and there was one time during the fifth set tiebreak when he was clutching his chest! I feel you, mister! :LOL:

I'm so happy for Naomi, I'll cheer for her in the Final! It'll be very difficult to play against her idol, and the GOAT, Serena. Also because it's her first GS final...but nothing is impossible? 

In the men's, sadly, Rafa had to WD because of injury :( Get better soon, Rafa!

Del Potro is in the final and he'll play against Djokovic or Kei!