Other Sports

sallycinnamon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kohei succeeded with the Bretschneider in practice - hope he can use it in competition.

http://labflapper.tumblr.com/tagged/aahhh-i-wanna-see-the- Bretschneider-in-the-competition-soon

further to my exchange on the general chat - does anyone remember seeing a Japanese documentary with a comparison of Uchimura,  Zonderland and Leyva on HB which showed the difference in style re straight arms, floppy legs etc?  I can't find it on YouTube or DM and I'm sure there was one.

The next couple of weeks will be so full..:drama: We'll have FaOI, Roland Garros, and the World Cup starts in a couple of weeks as well. Sometimes I watch a bit of a Formula One too but not as regularly as I used to (but I like the next races - Monaco is always a highlight, then Canada, the return of the French GP, British, German and Austrian GPs and finally the Hungarian...all sounds good!). 

6 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

The next couple of weeks will be so full..:drama: We'll have FaOI, Roland Garros, and the World Cup starts in a couple of weeks as well. Sometimes I watch a bit of a Formula One too but not as regularly as I used to (but I like the next races - Monaco is always a highlight, then Canada, the return of the French GP, British, German and Austrian GPs and finally the Hungarian...all sounds good!). 

Champions League final this weekend!!

I am delighted to say that the fans are foregathering elsewhere for the Champions league final so I won't have to put up with it all :biggrin:

This is the documentary which compares Uchimuras HB technique with Leyva and Zonderland- the analysis of Us D and E scores is from about 12.13 and the comparison from about 13.19.  It's in Japanese but the slo mo and diagrams and charts make it accessible.  The whole thing is about how team Japan went about translating their success in the individual AA ( U always won but apart from the newcomer Shirai all the others had been on the individual worlds podium alongside him) and their success at 2015 Worlds into gold at Rio, which I found very interesting.