1 minute ago, ralucutzagy said:

haha he's the cutest when he struggles with his english :laughing:

I loved it when he used to be so unconcerned about making mistakes (in English, skating, jumping, whatever).............there was a real openness and naturalness about his personality that was so endearing.......I hope after the Olympic season is over he can relax a bit more as he is a joy when he is relaxed and happy eg. FaOI recently!! :cathug:

For some of you who are in need of Yuzu during off season :bliss-smiley:

Watching this again from an audience perspective really shows how stunning/amazing/beautiful he skated :loveeyes:. And you can see Brian and Tracy there :bunny-smiley:

The camera work during Worlds didn't do its justice :gaah:

19 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

For some of you who are in need of Yuzu during off season :bliss-smiley:

Watching this again from an audience perspective really shows how stunning/amazing/beautiful he skated :loveeyes:. And you can see Brian and Tracy there :bunny-smiley:

The camera work during Worlds didn't do its justice :gaah:

OMG! I Now I've re watched this 3 times in the row ... just amazing!!! :loveeyes:

This is an old video of a TV program that was broadcast two weeks post-Sochi Olympics which most of you have probably seen. I initially saw this video as well as another one dealing with his popularity post-Sochi on Dailymotion, but those videos appear to have been deleted. I am posting it because I just ran across it on YouTube and thought that some of the newer fans may not have seen it. It is a program about the popularity and charm of Yuzuru Hanyu, particularly amongst female fans.

This is not a translation of the video. I am just paraphrasing some of the things that I noted in watching the video:

(1:20) Many female fans thought that he looked like a male character from the world of animation (especially women's magazine manga).

(1:46) A group of girls said that the more they looked at him the more "oujisama"-like (prince -like) he looked.

(1:55) They talked about being conflicted between him being "kakkoii" (handsome) or "kawaii" (cute). "Kakkoii" is not just restricted to the face, but encompasses the whole package – face and body.

(2:00) They then talked about how "kawaii" (cute) Yuzuru can be and showed the picture of Yuzuru with the embarrassed smile, scratching his head following his free skate at the 2013 Grand Prix Final in Fukuoka.

(2:09) A woman talked about how clear and white his skin is.

(2:24) A woman said that if her daughter brought him home, she might / would bypass her daughter and date him herself.

(2:40) Females were describing him as "sutairu ga kireii" (style is beautiful), "sutairu ga ii" (style is good) and "kireii" (beautiful).

(3:10) Again, a woman said that he looked like a male character from the world of animation/manga.

(3:20) They then went to an animation school to see whether there was anything to Yuzuru looking like a character from the world of animation/manga.

(3:34) The woman at the animation school said that the fact that he is slim and tall with some feminine features is probably the reason why he is said to resemble a character from the world of animation/manga.

(3:51) They discovered that Yuzuru's body has the same proportions as male characters in animation/manga (8 segments).

(4:00) They compared Yuzuru's 8 segments to the 6 segments of the typical Japanese male as represented by the poor TV host.

(4:11) They also discovered that male characters in animation/manga are drawn with long necks (which is considered attractive) and that Yuzuru has a similar long neck.

(5:00) Showed the large number of magazines featuring Yuzuru on the cover and referred to "Hanyu Fever".

(5:18) One woman said that she really likes the way Yuzuru squats next to the boards before his name is called and slaps the boards as he backs away to take his position for the competition.

(5:31) Another woman said that she really likes Yuzuru's facial expression when he does his pistol pose. She thought that it was a manly/ masculine look.

(5:42) They gathered a small group of females aged from their 10's to their 40's and played videos of Yuzuru and asked them to pause the videos whenever they saw something that they liked.

(6:01) One of the females said that she really liked Yuzuru's "guts pose" after landing his jumps. The young girl said that he looked like he was expressing "yatta!" (I did it! Or an equivalent colloquial English face would be "Yes!").

(6:22) Some females liked the fact that the sleeve of his jacket was a bit long covering his hand and showing only his fingers or fingertips. They thought it looked cute.

(6:52) Another girl said that she really liked his hair which looked really smooth and shiny.

(7:13) Everyone loved his smile – the one where he was going through the crowd at either the Sendai City Hall or when he was visiting the Miyagi Prefecture Governor's office after the Olympics.

(7:23) Yuzuru Hanyu is also popular with foreign females.

(8:02) One Russian girl thought that he was a kind person and that Russian girls would think he is really cute.

(8:13) But, they said that Japanese girls/women and foreign girls/women seem to be attracted to Yuzuru for different reasons.

(8:15) Japanese girls were attracted to him as a potential boyfriend, mate.

(8:30) Foreign girls/women seem to think of him as being too young to be a mate. One woman said that he looked about 15 years old and that she would think of him as being a younger brother.

(8:43) They asked three foreign females how old he looked and one of the females said 12 years old with a real baby face.

(9:09) They asked these three foreign females what sort of relationship they would like with Yuzuru and they said that they saw him as a younger brother or a friend because he looked like a fun person to be with.

(9:27) Back on the street, one foreign female said that she liked the fact that he was forward-looking and that he did not like to lose.

(10:00) They were attracted not only by his athletic abilities, but because of his personality – like his determination to try to help the people of Tohoku.

(10:29) Back in the studio, they mentioned that Yuzuru's popularity spanned generations.

Since then, Yuzuru's popularity and charm have increased exponentially.