FIFA World Cup 2022

sallycinnamon

As expected Brazil won easily over South Korea. :clap: The difference between these two teams were just too big, Brazil basically was relaxing in the second half after they were leading 4-0 in just 36 minutes. Richarlison tricking the defense and then scoring the goal was my favorite moment in this game. It was very nice to see Tite sending in Weverton, the third goalkeeper for the last 15 minutes of the match so that every player gets an opportunity to play at this World Cup.

So Brazil vs Croatia will be in the quarterfinals. 

This was a big KO. Santos made very important changes when he decided to leave Ronaldo out and let Goncalo Ramos play - Ramos made the hat trick and Portugal played brilliantly today. People can't stop trolling and making fun of CR, I wish they left him alone.

So, we'll have 2 days off tomorrow and on Thursday. Then on Friday it'll be Brazil vs Croatia, and Netherlands vs Argentina, and on Saturday Morocco vs Portugal, and England vs France. 

On 12/6/2022 at 10:04 PM, Anabel said:

Spain is out? From the shouts in the street I thought they had won :rofl3:

🤣

Well I watched 90 minutes of Brazil vs Croatia and I was hoping they'd finish in time because I had to go out for a birthday I couldn't miss...so I missed the extra time and I watched the penalty shoot out under the table. 🤭

Croatia played well in the game, their playing is well organised and they are such a physically fit team. It seemed to me it broke Brazil's confidence by the end of the second half (and probably in the end of extra time when Croatia scored the goal).

I am happy for Croatia, they are again in the semifinal! And I am sad for Brazil because I thought they could reach the final and even win this World Cup. Perhaps next time.

21 hours ago, isabelfm said:

well i'm sad because brasil lost, but really rooting for a Messi v Ronaldo final right now it would be epic as its their last world cup

Portugal is out so it's won't happen. :/ 

Congrats to Morocco on the historical achievement! It's crazy that no one only one team could score a goal against them at this World Cup yet, their tactic is for sure really successful so far, but tbh this anti/defensive football they're playing is not my cup of tea.

Argentina is the first finalist, congrats to them! They played very well against Croatia today who didn't really have any chance (I hope they will win the bronze game though). Messi's assist for the third goal was brilliant and overall Argentina dominated throughout the game, except perhaps the beginning of the match.

One more game and Argentina could win a World Cup again after 36 years. 

On 12/14/2022 at 4:27 AM, Hanmgse said:

I'm rooting for Morocco against France, it would be really cool if they could go to a final for the first time!

It didn't happen...France was too big for them. They can now fight for the bronze medal, though.

I didn't really cheer for Argentina before but now that they're in the final I want them to win it. It's been a very long time last time they have won the World Cup, and since then they lost two finals. I also want it for Messi because it is one of the big titles that is missing for him.

France is a very strong team, though, and they could defend the title. Will be interesting on Sunday.

Congratulations to Croatia on the bronze medal! :clap::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:They played so well today - they demonstrated really well how to defend in a clean manner without any fouls (or barely any). Orsic's goal was a thing of beauty, too. They didn't even need Lovren or Brozovic today. 

3 Top 3 finishes for Croatia in 24 years - a country with less than 3.9 million people! They are great.

Morocco also played well and very strong at this tournament, they'll be a team to look forward to in the future, too. Top 4 at this World Cup is a big success! Congrats.

I've been crying out of stress for the past hour. I felt like puking at times and spent 10 minutes of the extra time hiding in the bathroom.

This was our chance. So happy for my boys. They deserve it for everything they did in the last three years. If only they didn't make me suffer like this. :dbana:

We're taking the Cup home!! 🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷🇦🇷