FIFA World Cup 2022

sallycinnamon

On 11/23/2022 at 5:41 PM, sallycinnamon said:

Is it BBC? Very typical. lol I've just watched the remaining of the second half and Japan has definitely fought a lot better than the Germans. The second goal from Japan was very nice and you could tell that the Germans didn't take the Japanese attempt seriously. Also Gonda saved some German attemps fantastically before Doan scored the goal. Well played and congrats to Japan on the victory.

Quite funny:

What a pity, uh. Costa Rica had one attempt today and it was a goal. Japan did everything but it wasn't enough. :13877886:

Now Japan, Costa Rica and Spain all have 3 points.

My fav scenario would be Spain winning over Germany today, and in the last round, Germany winning over Costa Rica then a 0-0 in the Spain vs Japan game. :P 

2 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Anyone else is fed up with the booing of the crow when the opposite team has the ball? I get the reason, but rather than intimidating and making everyone feel nervous it's more annoying than anything else - and repetitive.

Yes, it's just annoying.

Well, Morocco won against Belgium and they're currently leading the group with 4 points. I liked how they played in the second half and they deserved to win. 

Now, Croatia needs to win against Canada to have any chances to qualify for the round of 16. Go Croatia :fingerscrossed:

7 hours ago, Whoopiewoop said:

what is a more ‘traditional’ goalkeeping style? :huh:

I guess not this one :lol: 

FipCGEMWQAAEy-W?format=jpg

Cameroon vs Serbia was spectacular, and so was Ghana vs South Korea. Neither Cameroon nor Serbia can be satisfied with the draw though. Serbia has slightly better chances to qualify for the next round because they'll play against Switzerland, while Cameroon plays with Brazil.

Casemiro's goal in the Brazil vs Switzerland game was fantastic, with 6 points Brazil is already in the next round. I hope Neymar's ankle will get better soon so that we can see him play.

Portugal vs Uruguay wasn't that nice football, but Portugal did what they could and they're also in the round of 16. 

And yes I was a bit sad for Korea because they fought well today, but Ghana got the 3 points in the end. Well this is football.

So the last round of the group matches have started today. Four teams will get eliminated every day.

I couldn't watch the A group matches toda, only some parts from the Ecuador-Senegal match.

Netherlands vs Qatar was probably less exciting because Qatar is already out and they are by far the weaker team. Ecuador vs Senegal was a decisive match - whoever could win, qualified to the next round. But since Ecuador already had 4 points, and Senegal 3, a draw would have been also enough for Ecuador. In the end Senegal played better from what I could see (especially in the first half) and they are qualified to the round of 16. I felt sorry for the Ecuador players who looked so sad after the game.

Group A end result:tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:

1. Netherlands 7 

2. Senegal (6)

----------------

3. Ecuador (4) 

4. Qatar (0)

I'm ready for Iran-USA and Wales-England later tonight. :popcorn:

I was watching England vs Wales on the TV while I was following the other match on my laptop with half an eye. Sorry for Wales but they barely tried to attack in the first half and this just wasn't enough. Rashford's first goal was really beautiful and in the second half England played better, too, while Wales just gave it up. Wales can still be proud that they were here, for the first time after 1958.

So as expected England wins this group. USA also won so they go 1-2.

Group B:tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:

1. England (7)

2. USA (5)

---------

3. Iran (3)

4. Wales (1)

England vs Senegal and Netherlands vs USA will be in the round of 16.