Tickets to Skate Canada 2022/23

3 hours ago, Chitsuki said:

I only bought 1 ticket in Section 22 and it charged me $230. I'm not complaining lol, just confused. A non-skating friend who buys a lot of concert tickets on Ticketmaster suggested that maybe the first X number of tickets went for cheaper because the system thought it was low demand, since there was a fine print that said "ticket prices may fluctuate with demand", which she had never seen before. :shrug: 

EDIT: Oh if you go in now, it's quoting all those tickets at $230.

looks like our tickets are P2 tickets...since the Skate Canada website says that all P1 seats include a super fan package....but for us we had the choice of adding the super fan package...so I think section 19/20/21 are the real P1 seats....this is just my guess tho

4 minutes ago, yuzu4Aver said:

has anyone purchased the $75 super fan package? I really wanted it. but it was my first time buying anything from ticketmaster and  I forgot to add it to my order in the flow! 

anyone knows how to add the package? or do you think we can purchase the package at the venue during the event? I really want the souvenir pin loll 

I think you have to be in Section 1 in order to purchase the super fan package. It showed up when I was booking my tickets.

8 minutes ago, YuzuXPooh_sion said:

I think you have to be in Section 1 in order to purchase the super fan package. It showed up when I was booking my tickets.

i just went back to check the ticketmaster website. Seats in the first three rows are $300 and afterwards are lower. So i suppose those are P1 seats. anyways everything happened so fast when getting the ticket...

1 hour ago, yuzu4Aver said:

has anyone purchased the $75 super fan package? I really wanted it. but it was my first time buying anything from ticketmaster and  I forgot to add it to my order in the flow! 

anyone knows how to add the package? or do you think we can purchase the package at the venue during the event? I

really want the souvenir pin loll 

If past experience is any indication, there'll be opportunities to buy it later, and possibly also at the venue. They always sell the souvenir pins at the venue along with other Skate Canada merchandise. Bbuying now just means not standing in line later.

OMG thank you for much for the info! I thought the insurance would have allowed me to return/get refunded for the ticket if I don't want to show up....now I'm sad ;-((( another $8 wasted...

Or not! You never know what can happen.

quelqu'un a-t-il acheté le forfait super fan à 75 $ ? Je le voulais vraiment. mais c'était la première fois que j'achetais quelque chose à Ticketmaster et j'ai oublié de l'ajouter à ma commande dans le flux ! 

quelqu'un sait comment ajouter le package? ou pensez-vous que nous pouvons acheter le forfait sur place pendant l'événement ? Je veux vraiment l'épinglette souvenir lol 

I made a mistake and I bought the super bag at 75 $ whereas I ever got it at SCI 2019😅. I can sell it to you if you are interested in. 

awesome! thank you so much for tips! do you think it'll be worthwhile for me to return/resale my section 22 seat and buy another one in section 19/20/21 when those seats are on sale? TBH i just really want a seat that is close to Yuzu and get a good view of his performance. section 22 is a little too much on the side LOLLL. 

Would you try getting another section 19/20/21 ticket when those sections become available? this will be my first time attending a sports event lollll

If he's going, Yuzu's actually incredible at engaging the audience from pretty much all angles and has amazing ice coverage. My seat was pretty far back at SCI-19 on the short side, and I never felt like he forgot there were people up there. I mean....I took the picture of him in my profile from that seat, haha. You're not going to be super close to him 100% of the time, no matter where you sit, because he really does use the whole rink. 

Personally, I'm not going to get another seat in 19/20/21 unless it's in front of the judges, and not unless he's confirmed to be going. But then, there's no way I could fight for those seats if he's confirmed to be going lol. 

3 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

Is anyone else having this issue?

I bought my ticket and got the confirmation email but when I click on the information to try and view my tickets, it said  "Ticket delivery will be delayed untlil TBA." and "Ticket delivery will be delayed untlil August 31."    I had chosen the online print-at-home delivery method. SO I can't see my tickets at all. I see some of you are able to see your tickets already with details of what is on which days. Is anyone that is NOT from Canada having the same issue?

I get the following message when I log in to view my tickets, so I guess it's a universal problem :

There is a delivery delay on this event. Please check the Event Detail Page for information on when the delay will be lifted. Once the delay has been lifted, your tickets will be available via your selected delivery method.

14 hours ago, river said:

The downside of waiting until assignments are out is that it is very hard to get tickets at that point. I wasn't going to go to SCI 2019 and impulse bought tickets a few minutes after the assignments were released that season. You could literally see the available seats disappearing on the arena map. If you choose to wait, make sure you have a reliable way to find out immediately when the assignments come out, because any delay at all will probably result in you just not getting tickets.

You're right. Now it all comes back to me. I was waiting for assignments to come out for 2019 SCI. I kept watching the seating situation and saw the seats being gradually sold, got nervous one week before the assignments came out, panicked and bought the tickets. :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

After Yuzu got assigned, I checked the ticket site and the available seats were disappearing off the map as you said. In the end, I think there was still a handful of seats in the last 2 rows on the corner that were available, but yeah definitely nerve-wracking.

Congrats to everyone who got tickets! Now you're getting me excited. I bet I will cave again and buy seats :P, but I still have PTSD from having to sell my Worlds tickets at 1/2 off. Otoh, SCI tickets are relatively cheap compared to the Worlds tickets. I did book a hotel room last night!

13 hours ago, yuzu4Aver said:

hey everyone! I just purchased the Skate Canada ticket and I'm in section 22! what about you all? Also, I see that section 19, 20, and 21 were not on sale. those are the seats that I originally wanted. will those seats be available for sale on the public sale date?

It's hard to say for sure, but I don't think for the public sale date. Sometimes the seats are reserved for VIPs, sometimes for tour groups, or sometimes for the single-event sales. Although for Skate Canada, iirc, they don't hold back good seats for single-events. Single-event tickets are basically what's left over from the All-event sales.

Well I was out when tickets became available yesterday afternoon (UK time 3pm) - I forgot about the ticket sales yesterday as I knew I was not available when they went on sale but woke at 3am in a cold sweat thinking SKATE CANADA TICKET!! Of course all the best seats are gone but I bought one just by the Kiss n Cry, a Row 8 (H) seat - Row 7 (same seat and my fave number) was available but was $230 and I got mine for just over $150 - worked out at £98, fabulous price for a whole-event Row 8 seat by Kiss and Cry imo!!! I took out the ticket protection but idk if it's much good....

Now it's wait n see if our mystery man is 1. competing this season lol and 2. going to do the GP series at all and 3. going to Skate Canada! Wonder what the odds are?

(I wondered if he might return to TCC this season...even for a part of the season, for extra help with 4A stuff and getting coach support, which I do personally think could help him in competition. I know he can do it alone, but I think he will do even better with Ghislain there by his side and on his side).

I'm gonna try and not get toooo excited whilst we wait.

EDIT: I have no sign of tickets either....

This is so hard! I just can’t bring myself to buy tickets until we know where Yuzu is assigned. SCI would be ideal for me, but I recognize that the chance of getting decent seats is probably close to nil once the assignments are announced. At this point I’m pinning my hopes on Helsinki … 

I forgot about this. It's only an hour for me by car, so I'm going to try to go no matter what... even if yuzu doesn't go ill still have fond memories of last time he was there... and I want to see live skating again!!!

1 hour ago, ZuCritter said:

This is so hard! I just can’t bring myself to buy tickets until we know where Yuzu is assigned. SCI would be ideal for me, but I recognize that the chance of getting decent seats is probably close to nil once the assignments are announced. At this point I’m pinning my hopes on Helsinki … 

It should only be a few days now till we find out...we don't know yet if Finland will get the GP, do we?? I hope he does SCI if he is competing in the GP series as it's an early GP event - otherwise he'll be cramming them all in close together like he did in 2019, and he was exhausted...and he's 3 years older now too so I hope his competitions are spaced in a way where he has time for recovery (if he is competing at all! It's all if if if!! )

4 minutes ago, Pammi said:

It should only be a few days now till we find out...we don't know yet if Finland will get the GP, do we?? I hope he does SCI if he is competing in the GP series as it's an early GP event - otherwise he'll be cramming them all in close together like he did in 2019, and he was exhausted...and he's 3 years older now too so I hope his competitions are spaced in a way where he has time for recovery (if he is competing at all! It's all if if if!! )

True, Helsinki is not confirmed, just the subject of reports based on “confidential sources.” So we shall see. As for a repeat of 2019, I’m guessing he won’t get NHK this year. I don’t fully understand the assignment process, but I don’t think he has much leverage to choose his GP comps after last year. 
:crazyshit:

2 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

True, Helsinki is not confirmed, just the subject of reports based on “confidential sources.” So we shall see. As for a repeat of 2019, I’m guessing he won’t get NHK this year. I don’t fully understand the assignment process, but I don’t think he has much leverage to choose his GP comps after last year. 
:crazyshit:

Why do you think he will not get NHK?