Tickets to Skate Canada 2022/23

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Is anyone else super-confused by the ticket sales process? I got tickets. In the section I wanted. But I have no idea what they sold me, because the price they charged me was $100 less than the price they quoted me. On the exact same seats. 

Whatever I have, is called 'gold seating' 

same! I got quoted for $300+ for a seat in section 22, but the real price turned out to be $200. do we get discounts because of the pre-sale? or the seats we are getting are P2 seats?

16 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

I just got the presale link from Skate Canada mailing list. It provided an individual access code for the sale starting tomorrow. All I did was sign up for their mailing list 2 days ago.

Also have the same dilemma as some of you in that I will only want to go if Yuzu is skating, so am worried about purchasing ahead of time.  

hey there! if you add an $8 insurance when purchasing your ticket, you will be able to get refunded if you don't end up going!

3 minutes ago, yuzu4Aver said:

hey everyone! I just purchased the Skate Canada ticket and I'm in section 22! what about you all? Also, I see that section 19, 20, and 21 were not on sale. those are the seats that I originally wanted. will those seats be available for sale on the public sale date?

I'm in Section 22 too! :grin_clapping: I debated Section 6, but I've actually never sat on the Judges' side, so decided to try it this time.

They might, but it would be further up, I think. There's usually no seats in front of the Judges' table, so it would be behind the judges even if they go on sale. There's also usually a chunk of seats made available to skaters if they want to watch when they're not competing. Those are sometimes behind the judges.

10 minutes ago, yuzu4Aver said:

hey there! if you add an $8 insurance when purchasing your ticket, you will be able to get refunded if you don't end up going!

They are usually very strict about reimbursing travel insurance and it only applies in exceptional circumstances like event cancellations, flight cancellations and illness all of which you have to prove. 

14 minutes ago, yuzu4Aver said:

same! I got quoted for $300+ for a seat in section 22, but the real price turned out to be $300. do we get discounts because of the pre-sale? or the seats we are getting are P2 seats?

Based on how the pre-sale was advertised, I feel it was a bit of a bait and switch because the unavailable good seats are likely the P1s which were not even available.

28 minutes ago, yuzu4Aver said:

So we can actually cancel our ticket if Yuzu decided not to compete ag SC? Just wondering. Coming from Asia is not cheap but also do not want to miss the chance to see Yuzu.

56 minutes ago, Chitsuki said:

Same thing happened to me! I got tickets and now the map is showing tickets further up in the same section at $100 more and I'm super confused.

What section are you in?

Section 6 row K. I wonder if the problem was that I was trying to buy 4 tickets together - I tried a few times and it kept bumping me back to the same seats. 

So then I tried buying just one single seat and it gave me what I was expecting. Kind of weird. 

Anyhow, I now have a seat in section 9 row B that cost me $333 and four seats in section 6 row K that cost me $230 and since I was trying to buy all seats at the $333 price level, I am confused as heck but at least I have tickets

58 minutes ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

How do you purchase tickets without a Canadian address? It asks for province and CA zip code?

56 minutes ago, Floria said:

I put random province and postal code (looked them up in Google lol)

52 minutes ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

Thank you! I was thinking it had to be the credit card zip code which it wouldn't accept!

I wonder when the better sections next to the judges will be available..

For future reference, just put in 'ON' (or Ontario) for the province and use the postal code for the arena (L4Z 4B6) if you're stumped.

Although you'd think Ticketmaster  would be able to accept foreign addresses

42 minutes ago, yuzu4Aver said:

hey everyone! I just purchased the Skate Canada ticket and I'm in section 22! what about you all? Also, I see that section 19, 20, and 21 were not on sale. those are the seats that I originally wanted. will those seats be available for sale on the public sale date?

No idea. Sometimes the sections around / behind the judges remain blocked off for the duration of the competition and no one is allowed in them. Depends on who is organizing

I haven't received the code for the pre-sale... :YuzuPoohSad:

Anyone else signed up and didn't receive any confirmation afterwards and/or email with the code for the pre-sale?

11 minutes ago, Sammie-s said:

So we can actually cancel our ticket if Yuzu decided not to compete ag SC? Just wondering. Coming from Asia is not cheap but also do not want to miss the chance to see Yuzu.

The insurance only covers things like if you get sick or your flight gets cancelled or delayed etc so you can't go to the event. It doesn't cover things like whether or not Yuzu is going because the event organizers have no way to control that anyway . So, these days, buy the insurance if you're worried you might get COVID and that it will stop you from going to the event.

It's REALLY IMPORTANT TO NOTE that this insurance will only reimburse you for your Skate Canada International ticket. It will not cover any of your other expenses such as travel costs.

3 minutes ago, Wintek said:

I haven't received the code for the pre-sale... :YuzuPoohSad:

Anyone else signed up and didn't receive any confirmation afterwards and/or email with the code for the pre-sale?

Check your spam folders? I signed up just yesterday (or re-signed up) and got the email still in time, so...

24 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Section 6 row K. I wonder if the problem was that I was trying to buy 4 tickets together - I tried a few times and it kept bumping me back to the same seats. 

So then I tried buying just one single seat and it gave me what I was expecting. Kind of weird. 

Anyhow, I now have a seat in section 9 row B that cost me $333 and four seats in section 6 row K that cost me $230 and since I was trying to buy all seats at the $333 price level, I am confused as heck but at least I have tickets

I only bought 1 ticket in Section 22 and it charged me $230. I'm not complaining lol, just confused. A non-skating friend who buys a lot of concert tickets on Ticketmaster suggested that maybe the first X number of tickets went for cheaper because the system thought it was low demand, since there was a fine print that said "ticket prices may fluctuate with demand", which she had never seen before. :shrug: 

EDIT: Oh if you go in now, it's quoting all those tickets at $230.

12 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Check your spam folders? I signed up just yesterday (or re-signed up) and got the email still in time, so...

Nothing :-(

5 minutes ago, Chitsuki said:

I only bought 1 ticket in Section 22 and it charged me $230. I'm not complaining lol, just confused. A non-skating friend who buys a lot of concert tickets on Ticketmaster suggested that maybe the first X number of tickets went for cheaper because the system thought it was low demand, since there was a fine print that said "ticket prices may fluctuate with demand", which she had never seen before. :shrug: 

EDIT: Oh if you go in now, it's quoting all those tickets at $230.

Maybe it's system error but I hope not. 

Anyway, I have reasonably good tickets for less than I thought I'd pay. So, not complaining.

Did you check yoyr ticket to be sure it's a full event package? That's the other possibility - that the $230 tickets might be excluding something.

I can't understand why Ticketmaster always screws something up though. It's not like they're new to this...

26 minutes ago, Wintek said:

Je n'ai pas reçu le code pour la prévente...:YuzuPoohSad:

Quelqu'un d'autre s'est inscrit et n'a reçu aucune confirmation par la suite et/ou un e-mail avec le code pour la prévente ?

Here the code SKATE2022