Tickets to Skate Canada 2022/23

I am starting a new topic for this, it was previously started in the general ticket thread for 2022/23. Here is the link to the Skate Canada site.

Here is the same information as what is on the Skate Canada site:

All-event tickets for the 2022 Skate Canada International will be available for pre-sale on Wednesday, June 22, 2022, at 10:00 AM ET, and on sale to the public on Monday, June 27, 2022, at 10:00 AM ET. The 2022 Skate Canada International will take place in Mississauga, Ont., at Paramount Fine Foods Centre, from October 28-30, 2022.    

All-event tickets will be priced at: P1: $300, P2: $200, P3: $160, P4: $125. All prices are in Canadian dollars, plus, applicable taxes and fees. 

All-event ticket packages will include all competitions, Thursday practices, and the Exhibition Gala. Tickets can be purchased online at ticketmaster.ca or by phone at 1-855-985-5000. A maximum of eight tickets can be purchased per individual.  

The Super Fan Section is back this year! The Super Fan Section is a special section offered at events hosted by Skate Canada and is the most popular area for the most passionate skating fans. This section allows fans to be up close and personal to the action. Spectators in our Super Fan Section will receive a super fan bag which includes an event pin, souvenir program and branded blanket. The Super Fan Section is designated for all seats in P1.  

For fans looking to find that perfect seat, please be advised that the judges’ stand will be located between Aisle 18-22 and the Kiss & Cry is located between Aisle 1 and 26.

https://skatecanada.ca/2022/06/all-event-tickets-2022-skate-canada-international/

I'm a local too and this is going to be my first ever skate Canada event. Can I join any other local fans? 

Any tips on which seats or what tickets to get? 

This is giving me anxiety. 😂

I hope I can see Yuzu IRL.

@YuzuXPooh_sion There's a few of us who are local! :) Not sure if anyone else is going if Yuzu isn't, but I will go if you are still interested in meeting. There are usually more solid plans amongst fans closer to the event date.

Seats - one thing first-time skating event fans might not have thought about:  Judges' side will have seats further back. (The first row of judges' side is further back than the first row of the opposite side). Because the judges' tables and cameras go there. But skaters more often than not will do their choreography facing the judges, especially ice dancers. Some fans prefer closer to the ice but back of skaters; some prefer further up but have the choreo facing them. So really up to you. 

Waiting is giving me anxiety too, haha. :eek:

On 20/06/2022 at 18:10, yuzu4Aver said:

Quelqu'un a-t-il reçu le lien de prévente vers Patinage Canada 2022 ? Si vous l'avez fait, veuillez le publier ici (mais vous ne savez pas si le lien est unique pour chaque individu). 

Nothing yet😢

5 hours ago, Chitsuki said:

Still no signs of this presale. Anyone else heard anything? I’m actually local haha, so I’d like to go regardless, but they aren’t making this easy. 

i'm local too haha! still haven't received any link for the pre-sale tickets tomorrow. I called skate canada and they said that they are still working on the promo code with ticket master. 

2 hours ago, Chitsuki said:

@YuzuXPooh_sion There's a few of us who are local! :) Not sure if anyone else is going if Yuzu isn't, but I will go if you are still interested in meeting. There are usually more solid plans amongst fans closer to the event date.

Seats - one thing first-time skating event fans might not have thought about:  Judges' side will have seats further back. (The first row of judges' side is further back than the first row of the opposite side). Because the judges' tables and cameras go there. But skaters more often than not will do their choreography facing the judges, especially ice dancers. Some fans prefer closer to the ice but back of skaters; some prefer further up but have the choreo facing them. So really up to you. 

hey there! if there is a group thing for local fanyus I would love to join! 

2 hours ago, Chitsuki said:

Yeah, I'm going there for Yuzu.. I'm torn. Should I buy tickets tomorrow or wait? 😣

16 minutes ago, yuzu4Aver said:

hey there! if there is a group thing for local fanyus I would love to join! 

Me too!!! 🙋‍♀️

34 minutes ago, YuzuXPooh_sion said:

Yeah, I'm going there for Yuzu.. I'm torn. Should I buy tickets tomorrow or wait? 😣

That depends... will you go if he doesn't get SCI? And do you have funds to spare? If he doesn't get SCI, the tickets will pretty much be impossible to resell, or even if you do find a buyer, it'll likely be at a discount. So you kind of have to be prepared to....not need that money if it doesn't work out. On the other hand, because we're local, there's no need to arrange flights and hotels (which reduces cost), so you can choose to use your ticket anyway and see other skaters. 

I'm also planning to go and wondering what the heck is going on with the presale...plus I've been on the Skate Canada mailing list for the last 4 yesrs and still haven't heard a peep out of them for this year's SCI

I always wonder how they decide who they decide to offer the presale to. It might not necessarily be random fans....

Anyway, I'm buying on behalf of a couple other PH satellites as well so I really do not want to miss out...

3 hours ago, Chitsuki said:

That depends... will you go if he doesn't get SCI? And do you have funds to spare? If he doesn't get SCI, the tickets will pretty much be impossible to resell, or even if you do find a buyer, it'll likely be at a discount. So you kind of have to be prepared to....not need that money if it doesn't work out. On the other hand, because we're local, there's no need to arrange flights and hotels (which reduces cost), so you can choose to use your ticket anyway and see other skaters. 

Errr.. 😖 I know.. If Yuzu's going to be there it will definitely be sold out though.. FAST.

I actually arranged for a hotel because even if I am "local", I'm more or less 2 hours away..😂 Thank God for free cancellations though. But yeah... I have tonight to make up my mind.

I just got the presale link from Skate Canada mailing list. It provided an individual access code for the sale starting tomorrow. All I did was sign up for their mailing list 2 days ago.

Also have the same dilemma as some of you in that I will only want to go if Yuzu is skating, so am worried about purchasing ahead of time.