Links to GP 2022-23 Tickets

I was not sure where exactly to post this question:

A group of 5 satellites on this forum who have never met in person want to buy tickets to sit together for a competition.  How is transaction done so that there is a guarantee of the person purchasing for the group will get paid and the other group members will get their tickets? Are all 5 tickets purchased in the purchaser's name and if so, will the other 4 be allowed entry to the event if each ticket is not in their own name? 

Why is ID asked for then from everyone entering an event?

Thanks in advance. I have never done this before.

7 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

A group of 5 satellites on this forum who have never met in person want to buy tickets to sit together for a competition.  How is transaction done so that there is a guarantee of the person purchasing for the group will get paid and the other group members will get their tickets? Are all 5 tickets purchased in the purchaser's name and if so, will the other 4 be allowed entry to the event if each ticket is not in their own name? 

not sure about ID and entering an event. But I have friends who purchased tickets together under one name...so I suppose you should be able to entre the game even though the name on ticket is not your own. I suppose that as long as one of the persons going with you has their name on the ticket and then it should be fine.....only my assumption though. As for buying tickets, I'd say it's just an honour system...hope y'all can figure this out! or y'all can hop on a group call and purchase tickets individuals at the same time to make sure that everyone can sit together

On 6/25/2022 at 12:37 AM, ImmortalBeloved said:

When tickets are initially released, you might not be able to pick your seats. You can pick a section, but the ticketing app chooses the seats and offers them to you. In that case, the only way you can get seats together is to have one person buy the 5 tickets (if there is not a limitation on how many tickets a person can buy). I've never tried calling to buy tickets, so you might try what yuzu4Aver suggested. It also depends on how picky you are about where you're sitting. When tickets are first released, everyone is trying to get the best seats, so it's usually a click-battle online, and I don't know how easy/hard it is to reach the ticket office by phone.

If you're not picky about seats, the ticketing app will sometimes let you choose specific seats later after the initial rush for tickets are done. Then, you can individually buy seats next to each other, but these will not be seats close to the ice.

In the past, I bought the tickets and let my friends know how much the tickets were, and they gave me the money via PayPal. You can do a screenshot of the ticket (but don't include the bar code or QR code) so your group members can see that you have the tickets before they pay you.

If you choose electronic tickets, the tickets are usually emailed to you as a PDF file. It might be a single PDF file though, so you will need to use an app to split up the tickets into separate PDF files so you can email the tickets to your friends.

You print the PDF ticket and at the venue, they just scan the bar code on the ticket. They don't ask for ID. At Japanese comps, they might ask for ID in order to discourage scalping. The comps I've been to in Canada and the US never asked for ID.

Hope this helps!

@IceWings

Thank you for taking the time to post the detailed explanation. Very helpful information

From previous  information that I read, there were ID checks for some of the all event packages at some venues. Possibly because attendees were sharing passes to see different disciplines. This could just be a fabricated story though to discourage this sort of practice

8 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

@IceWings

Thank you for taking the time to post the detailed explanation. Very helpful information

From previous  information that I read, there were ID checks for some of the all event packages at some venues. Possibly because attendees were sharing passes to see different disciplines. This could just be a fabricated story though to discourage this sort of practice

That's interesting. I've not heard of that, but different venues can do things differently so it's possible. It also depends on whether they give you a single pass for the All-Event package or they send you individual tickets for each discipline even though you bought All-Event.

The all event pass story may well be gossip, but sends a message that people should not participate in this sort of activity. I suppose that different venues will have different policies

On 6/24/2022 at 11:45 PM, ImmortalBeloved said:

Does anyone know which sections border the kiss n cry for Skate America?

There’s a big area with no seats on one of the short ends in that arena. The last time I went to a comp there, that’s where the K&C was.