Tickets for Torino GPF 2022

2 hours ago, AIzero said:

@Anabel

I'm interested in group purchase, too. I'd like to buy all-event Gold (close to k&c). This will be my first time watching a fs event not on the tv! 😆

Please can someone explain why sitting near K&C would be better than the long side opposite the judges?

@Sun_Rise Would the glass be in the Platinum or in the Platinum Plus?

From were I was in the SP the view was very, very great. I could see the whole rink and, yes, I think the Kiss&Cry would be able to see from there, maybe better than from closer seats. 

Just now, Anabel said:

From were I was in the SP the view was very, very great. I could see the whole rink and, yes, I think the Kiss&Cry would be able to see from there, maybe better than from closer seats.

Yeah, so what's the advantage of these Platinum Plus seats, I'm wondering. 

That you can be really close to a skater like for two seconds (but behind the glass)?

If it wasn't behind the glass, then I would probably understand, it's almost like you can perhaps feel the wind on your face when they're skating. 

10 minutes ago, Anabel said:

And the Platinum Plus are only in the VIP packages... It has no sense... To me the best are the platinum, in front of the judges.

I would need a strong argument that these seats are the best of what you can get. 

58 minutes ago, Sun_Rise said:

Maybe that's why?

@sunrise I can objectively understand the above :wink2:, but what about from watching the skating programs perspective? Or are the K&C moments better than being close up for the programs themselves?

Thanks for all of the info

Platinum all event is my decision, opposite judges towards K&C end of the long side if possible. Everyone will want those same seats and those will most likely sell first if the VIP packages go on sale first.

Here is some information I have gathered about this. I have never been to any FS event so this is just based on what I have found from others.

Thanks to @IceWings for this:

In general, seats on the long sides will sell quickly and within minutes to 1/2 hour, the first 8-10 rows will sell out. However, it's tricky because they sometimes hold back sections and release those seats later. We'll have to find someone who attended 2019 GPF to get a better idea how they did things.

As for seating recommendations, I saw some tweets from 2019 GPF where people were complaining about VIP tickets with blocked views and sitting on a hard bench. 

** Based on the above tweets, it looks like there are no ice-level seats anyway and if you are booking in the platinum plus/vip sections you will have glass or metal barriers in front of you. Based on pictures of the venue though, it does appear that the whole venue has glass around the rink. So you may want to consider this is you are thinking about front row seats.

**Other things we need to find out: At some events there is a boom camera that goes in and out and across the field of view of the ice. It may be helpful to know where this camera might be located. (At SCI, apparently it is in one of the corners on the K & C side.)

**Based on current ice shows at the Palavela (Klimdt)  it looks like the "passholder's name on the ticket law" is in place when booking tickets,  but each event is different. When I emailed Ticketmaster.it about this they say it is up to the organizers whether or not they will mandate this requirement :(   If you book through Ticketmaster, after you have chosen the tickets you will have the opportunity to enter each individuals name next to each ticket, but this name must match the name in the passport/ID. So if there is a group purchase the purchaser would need to have our full names ahead of time, and write them in exactly as they appear in our ID.   However, at this point we do not know if this will be a requirement or not, but good to be prepared. (see pic on imgur)

https://imgur.com/a/s7fEfQI

https://imgur.com/a/YpjnPWV

1 hour ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

@sunrise I can objectively understand the above :wink2:, but what about from watching the skating programs perspective? Or are the K&C moments better than being close up for the programs themselves?

Well, I was not that 100% serious :giggle: although I expect some may have this motivation that they want to maximise the time seeing Yuzu from a relatively short distance. I guess these seats are also objectively ok for viewing the performances and always sold out very quickly from what I understood reading the past threads. 

If there is anyone here who took the Platinum Plus seats - I will be very curious of your opinion, thank you!

EDIT: @ImmortalBelovedyou're reading my thoughts!

Also - I can see that my suspicions about the glass are confirmed, thanks so much!

So, from what @ImmortalBeloved has shared, what you said @Sun_Rise is confirmed. So I still prefer Platinum opposite the judges. Call me weird, it's not that I wouldn't enjoy seeing Yuzu at Kiss&Cry, but what I want most is to see his skate without missing a thing, and the seats near Kiss&Cry don't convince me...