Jump to content

Tickets for Torino GPF 2022


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, IceWings said:

Based on previous GPFs, the schedule will most likely look like this:

 

Wed Dec 7: Open practice

Thurs Dec 8 - Sat Dec 10: Open practice in the mornings. Competitions in the afternoons and evenings

Sun Dec 11: EX Gala in the afternoon, usually from 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm

 

For the Wed practice, in 2018 and 2019, the Juniors practiced in the morning and the Seniors practiced in the afternoon starting with Sr Men at 12:45 pm.

 

If you want to see Yuzu, I highly recommend attending all the Sr Men practice sessions. You will get to see a whole :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:35 minutes:tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw: (for SP practice) and :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:40 minutes:tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw: (for FS practice) of Yuzu (unless he leaves practice early). Since not everyone attends practice, you can move down closer to the ice if you see empty seats.

 

Yuzu is usually more playful and smiley in the 1st practice. He's just getting the feel of the ice, so he's more relaxed. In the morning practices before the competitions, he's going to be more serious, focused, with game face on.

 

Hope this helps if you're trying to decide on travel plans. Right now, I'm planning to arrive on Monday so I can do a little sight-seeing before the comps. Really hope everything will work out and we'll all be able to meet and cheer for Yuzu together! :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp:

Thanks for the info! In Spain 6 and 8 are holiday so I'll try to be there on Tuesday 6, but it will depend on whether I can take vacations on the 7th too, otherwise I will go on the 8th.

 

I've never been in Italy, so I would like to do some turism too :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, IceWings said:

Based on previous GPFs, the schedule will most likely look like this:

 

Wed Dec 7: Open practice

Thurs Dec 8 - Sat Dec 10: Open practice in the mornings. Competitions in the afternoons and evenings

Sun Dec 11: EX Gala in the afternoon, usually from 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm

 

For the Wed practice, in 2018 and 2019, the Juniors practiced in the morning and the Seniors practiced in the afternoon starting with Sr Men at 12:45 pm.

 

If you want to see Yuzu, I highly recommend attending all the Sr Men practice sessions. You will get to see a whole :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:35 minutes:tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw: (for SP practice) and :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:40 minutes:tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw: (for FS practice) of Yuzu (unless he leaves practice early). Since not everyone attends practice, you can move down closer to the ice if you see empty seats.

 

Yuzu is usually more playful and smiley in the 1st practice. He's just getting the feel of the ice, so he's more relaxed. In the morning practices before the competitions, he's going to be more serious, focused, with game face on.

 

Hope this helps if you're trying to decide on travel plans. Right now, I'm planning to arrive on Monday so I can do a little sight-seeing before the comps. Really hope everything will work out and we'll all be able to meet and cheer for Yuzu together! :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp:

thank you for all the info^^ the practice is always a highlight, I just love watching yuzu practicing! 

So I booked the hotel with enough time to arrive before practices until the gala. Do the full event pass include gala tickets?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So overexcited today about prospect of GPF.

Possibly rash behaviour but I've booked flights.

Flying on Dec 7th, arriving in late afternoon in Turin. I'll miss open practice Dec 7th but will hopefully go to museum Dec 8th in morning and then practice in afternoon or practice and then museum. See how timetable pans out

Crazy huh, but the worst thing would be not to be able to book flights which are convenient for GP. Flight cost just under £90, so not end of world if have to write off expense. Again crazy.

Flying home on the Monday, day after Gala

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

So overexcited today about prospect of GPF.

Possibly rash behaviour but I've booked flights.

Flying on Dec 7th, arriving in late afternoon in Turin. I'll miss open practice Dec 7th but will hopefully go to museum Dec 8th in morning and then practice in afternoon or practice and then museum. See how timetable pans out

Crazy huh, but the worst thing would be not to be able to book flights which are convenient for GP. Flight cost just under £90, so not end of world if have to write off expense. Again crazy.

Flying home on the Monday, day after Gala

I booked flights on the same days^^ I don't plan to arrive too late on the 7th, do you think the open practice starts early?

Does anyone know, if it is possible to go in during the practice session?

(sorry for spamming everyone, just really excited to finally take the step of going to a comp in person and possibly meet many other fans)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking forward to meeting satellites

Unfortunately I'll miss Dec 7th practice, due to flight time arrival. Will be ready to see practice on Dec 8th

I'm going to try to buy all event pass. Cannot believe that assignments are delayed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's no direct flight from Romania to Turin. I am looking now for flights (just to get an idea) and I see the easiest option to get to by plane is Bergamo Airport. Are there direct trains from there to Turin? Or from Malpensa, maybe?

 

Also, does anyone know which is the official Italian railway website to look for trains and purchase train tickets?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

There's no direct flight from Romania to Turin. I am looking now for flights (just to get an idea) and I see the easiest option to get to by plane is Bergamo Airport. Are there direct trains from there to Turin? Or from Malpensa, maybe?

 

Also, does anyone know which is the official Italian railway website to look for trains and purchase train tickets?

you could try looking for flights to Milan it’s just 1h by train https://www.italotreno.it/en/destinations-timetable/turin-milan-tickets here you can find train tickets and the page is also in english^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Perelandra said:

So overexcited today about prospect of GPF.

Possibly rash behaviour but I've booked flights.

Flying on Dec 7th, arriving in late afternoon in Turin. I'll miss open practice Dec 7th but will hopefully go to museum Dec 8th in morning and then practice in afternoon or practice and then museum. See how timetable pans out

Crazy huh, but the worst thing would be not to be able to book flights which are convenient for GP. Flight cost just under £90, so not end of world if have to write off expense. Again crazy.

Flying home on the Monday, day after Gala

@PerelandraAt least you are close in proximity,  comparatively. It would not make sense for me to buy flights yet until I knew I had event tickets, because its a huge expense flying from the USA. 

 

I wish we had something more concrete to work with, like a definite pre-sale event. Does anyone know if the hosts or booking agent for this event do a pre-sale and if so, is there a mailing list one can sign up for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes I booked flight because there is only one flight per day most days. If there are 2 flights in one day then it's either morning or late evening. Not so convenient as my journey to airport is 2 hours and I prefer not to land late into the evening due to making own way to hotel.

It is a risk to book early, but flight prices increase closer to travel date and don't want to be in situation where I can't get flight time/date that I want. I've also opted to have 2 cabin bags rather than 1 cabin and 1 checked bag, there are only 20 seats per flight that this is possible to book this option.

Hope that I can still squish the Winnie Pooh toys in with my clothes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, LiaRy said:

Thank you! Yes, at this point, Milan is my best option

There is also an another website https://www.trenitalia.com

 

If you travel to Milano Malpensa, you need to take a train from Malpensa to Milano Centrale, then another one to Turin. 

But there is a direct bus connection from Malpensa to Turin, see here: https://www.omio.com

It also takes less time to take the bus (travel time varies, but it can even be 1h25 mins as compared to shortest time by train which is 2h07min). 

 

Travelling to Bergamo is much less convenient as Bergamo is far and at "the other side" of Milan (West), but it's doable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yesterday, I bought a selection of Winnie's to take to Turin for Pooh rain ( online purchase ). I'm hoping they will arrive in time for the virtual Pooh rain show of support as well.

 

On a slightly different note, does anyone know if there are skater gift boxes at GP events. There are lovely figurines of Pooh and other characters, but they would be fragile to throw onto the rink, even if lots of protective wrapping. I have a collection of these figurines myself and even when treated with care the are delicate, Piglet fell over and one of his ears snapped off!!. Some are ceramic and some are resin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...