Tickets for Torino GPF 2022

On 6/22/2022 at 3:48 PM, LiaRy said:

I saw in the SCI thread that there is a mailing list they could sign up for to get presale code & links. Is something similar available for the GPF? And if so, where can I sign up?

I saw that the tickets are already on sale for SCI. 

My antivirus blocks the Palavela website (I haven't been able to find out why or how to avoid it) so I can't see if there is any information about the GPF. Can someone check it? Please, please, please :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

On 6/22/2022 at 6:53 AM, Charlène said:

I am interested in too !

Does anyone know yet who will be selling the tickets this year? I emailed Vivaticket and they were clueless about the event. Is there someone local to Italy that may know better?

4 minutes ago, Anabel said:

I saw that the tickets are already on sale for SCI. 

My antivirus blocks the Palavela website (I haven't been able to find out why or how to avoid it) so I can't see if there is any information about the GPF. Can someone check it? Please, please, please :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

Which website are you talking about?

11 minutes ago, Melodie said:

It's too early. By August there should be something, but IMO not now. 

In 2019, I saw that the tickets had been put on sale mid-July, I hope it's similar this year

8 hours ago, LiaRy said:

In 2019, I saw that the tickets had been put on sale mid-July, I hope it's similar this year

VIP packages even earlier, end of June, and we would know the prices and packages by this time. The special website was already in place as well by this time three years ago. It's all with a delay this year, it seems. I hope not because of Covid and some uncertainty about whether the event will take place. 

I took in the advice and also booked a hotel in Turin (12/07 - 12/12), it's about 20 min away from the rink by train/ bus.

Just checked the rink's homepage palavelatorino.it , still nothing written in their event calendar about the GPF

Booked the Air bnb I stayed in last time I went for Turin GPF.  So staying 4 - 12 Dec.  About 30 mins walk to the Palavela past a great little coffee shop where I can pick up breakfast.  Coming a few days early as hubbie coming too and we want to have a look around.  Fingers crossed no Covid issues as we go into the Winter months. :fingerscrossed:

I've altered my hotel booking to Dec 7th-12th. Hoping to attend practice session (8th?)before comp start and maybe sight see as well. Hotel price for additional night has increased since booked the other nights.  Really looking forward to meeting fellow satellites and cheering for Yuzu

Since Yuzu was confirmed to be competing this season, it would seem that people are booking things surrounding GPF, particularly as it is not yet known which other assignments Yuzu will be assigned to. Hoping for a successful, injury free season, he has always deserved good things from life but now more than ever after the external challenges of last 5 years

Based on previous GPFs, the schedule will most likely look like this:

Wed Dec 7: Open practice

Thurs Dec 8 - Sat Dec 10: Open practice in the mornings. Competitions in the afternoons and evenings

Sun Dec 11: EX Gala in the afternoon, usually from 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm

For the Wed practice, in 2018 and 2019, the Juniors practiced in the morning and the Seniors practiced in the afternoon starting with Sr Men at 12:45 pm.

If you want to see Yuzu, I highly recommend attending all the Sr Men practice sessions. You will get to see a whole :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:35 minutes:tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw: (for SP practice) and :tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:40 minutes:tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw: (for FS practice) of Yuzu (unless he leaves practice early). Since not everyone attends practice, you can move down closer to the ice if you see empty seats.

Yuzu is usually more playful and smiley in the 1st practice. He's just getting the feel of the ice, so he's more relaxed. In the morning practices before the competitions, he's going to be more serious, focused, with game face on.

Hope this helps if you're trying to decide on travel plans. Right now, I'm planning to arrive on Monday so I can do a little sight-seeing before the comps. Really hope everything will work out and we'll all be able to meet and cheer for Yuzu together! :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp:

Thanks for the info.

I checked the GPF schedule from 2019, because timetable likely to be similar. Hence deciding to arrive day before. Was thinking along the lines- practice day, watch practice then visit a museum. Then it's comp days, so it will be squeeze to fit in proper sight seeing, depending on comp timetable.