Tickets for Torino GPF 2022

I have booked a hotel in Turin.

Staying at Doubletree Hilton Dec 8th -12th. Cancellation refunds available up to Dec 1st

I will miss about half of Dec 8th due to flight but will be able to see gala if I can get all event ticket

I didn't book breakfast because I'm hoping to buy and eat pastries and mocha to drink on way to Palavela

No sign of tickets yet

Sería interesante saber de las personas que ya han estado en la Palavela de Turín si hay alguna recomendación respecto a la zona en la que tomar el hotel, especialmente respecto al transporte.

I just checked on Google nearest hotels to Palavela, there were about fifteen in that area. Then more but further away. There is metro station few minutes walk from venue with line running from Centro area which is where shops and museums are located. 

I'm hoping to visit Palazzo Reale during my stay

I checked and already booked a hotel too, Twelve Hotel.

It's 20 mins walking from Palavela and near to a metro station that goes to the center. Like yours, cancellation is free, so I've just done it :) 

That's good, well done. I checked Doubletree late morning, by the time I checked again at lunchtime, quite a few rooms types had sold out, twin and access. Granted there are probably not so many of those type of rooms, but I did not want to end up without accommodation. I'll probably walk past you on the way, we can get coffees and pastries:war:

25 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Oh you are in opposite direction. Coffee and pastries at the Palavela entrance:winky:

Yeah, sure! :nod2:

I decided to book cause most of the hotels near Palavela were sold out. I know maybe it's too early, but I didn't want to risk. 

I also checked hotels and flights to estimate the costs...but still was hesitant to book, bc there aren't any news on the tickets and I was afraid to not be able to get tickets. Do the tickets sell out fast? It's my first live GP, would you recommend booking hotel and flight early even though we don't have the tickets yet?

Thank you^^

2 hours ago, yuhzuri said:

I also checked hotels and flights to estimate the costs...but still was hesitant to book, bc there aren't any news on the tickets and I was afraid to not be able to get tickets. Do the tickets sell out fast? It's my first live GP, would you recommend booking hotel and flight early even though we don't have the tickets yet?

Thank you^^

I don't know about flights, but most hotel reservations can be canceled up to a few days before the trip without losing money. I, too, booked a room. 

4 hours ago, StunningBaby1420 said:

I don't know about flights, but most hotel reservations can be canceled up to a few days before the trip without losing money. I, too, booked a room. 

thank you for the quick answer! I‘m really glad I can get so many tips here^^ I think it’s a good idea, I’ll look for hotels with cancelling option. Because I’m traveling from inside Europe and don’t have a big distance, I planned to book the flights when the tickets are sold^^ 

I have also booked accomodation, but it's central. For me it's still a question mark whether I'll go for two reasons:

1. The all-event ticket prices might be too expensive, so depending on that I could get individual event tickets for Men SP&FS (I would so LOVE to see the OP, though)

2. I will most likely start my master studies in autumn and exam period overlaps with the GPF 😭

6 hours ago, LiaRy said:

I have also booked accomodation, but it's central. For me it's still a question mark whether I'll go for two reasons:

1. The all-event ticket prices might be too expensive, so depending on that I could get individual event tickets for Men SP&FS (I would so LOVE to see the OP, though)

2. I will most likely start my master studies in autumn and exam period overlaps with the GPF 😭

7 hours ago, yuhzuri said:

thank you for the quick answer! I‘m really glad I can get so many tips here^^ I think it’s a good idea, I’ll look for hotels with cancelling option. Because I’m traveling from inside Europe and don’t have a big distance, I planned to book the flights when the tickets are sold^^ 

Yes most hotels have cancellation refund up to week before check in date

I'm also waiting for GP assignments to be announced before buying tickets and booking flights.

I'm hoping to arrive by early afternoon of Dec 8th. 

I saw in the SCI thread that there is a mailing list they could sign up for to get presale code & links. Is something similar available for the GPF? And if so, where can I sign up?

4 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

J'ai vu dans le fil SCI qu'il y avait une liste de diffusion à laquelle ils pouvaient s'inscrire pour obtenir un code et des liens de prévente. Existe-t-il quelque chose de similaire pour le GPF ? Et si oui, où puis-je m'inscrire ?

I am interested in too !