Celebrating the 5th Anniversary of Planet Hanyu!

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? It was the exact same moment as @Suzu above. It must have been a magical moment on Finnish television. Although my process had begun earlier in autumn 2011 while watching GP series. I remember how my Christmas was filled with anxiety when I tried to get some sense to Japanese Nationals result page written in Japanese with a slow computer and bad internet connection. At some point it had become the most important thing that this young talent would be chosen to WC team so I could watch his skating some more. It was my first experience of being a fan of a real person (before Yuzu there was this horse when I was a teenager, everyone else had band/singer/actor posters on their walls, I collected scrapbook for a horse), so it took me a while to understand what was happening.
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? I was lurking on the other forum when the thread was closed. It really hit me hard and I didn't want to loose our little community, so I contacted @Fay on another platform and she guided me here. This day is my official 5th anniversary on the Planet. First I was just lurking but for a couple years I have posted more regularly.
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? No.
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on planet Hanyu? Yes. At least in birthday projects.
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? No, I am a really shy person in real life, sorry.
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? This sense of community and how Yuzu brings us all together. The last five years have been a rollercoaster in many ways but we are still here, we still have our little online community, and the most important, amazing thing is that we still have Yuzu and he is still skating. So it's time to celebrate!
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? No. Good luck to everyone participating!

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu?

During the Sochi 2014 Olympics! I've always loved figure skating but never had been so captivated by anyone until that day, I was completely enchanted by him during his SP and since then I started following him everywhere ♡

2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?

Just today! >< I didn't know there was a forum?? I'm not exactly a sns person and I've tried to keep up with the news through twitter and twitch, but just found out this existed and it seems now everything will be a whole lot easier HAHA

3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?

Not yet c: hi friends c:

4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?

Yes! I participated in the last birthday event, submitted one of my artworks and had fun through the twitch celebration ⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾

5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

No :(( I'm from Mexico so... yeah...

6. What do you like the most about this forum?

The videoooosss and resources aaaaaaaa thank you so much (〒﹏〒)

7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

Yes please!! I've always wanted to own something related to Yuzu but it's impossible to find anything here ;u;

Happy anniversary!! And thank you so much for all your hard work!! Wish you have a great day ♡

Happy 5th Anniversary!! Thank you for all your hard work for creating PlanetHanyu and for being a fantastic hub for all that it Yuzu; and thank you for holding this lovely giveaway~ It's also been so fun reading through other posts from fans new and old - what a fun way to just share happy memories TTwTT!!:heart:

• When did you become a fan of Yuzu?
    • Technically first found out about him through compilation vids from the Pyeongchang Olympics! It wasn't until his HYK perf at Worlds 2019 that I completely became enamored with his brilliant artistry/performance skills. But due to school and work (and eventually the pandemic), I just didn't have enough mental energy to follow his journey consistently until the recent Olympics. It was a somewhat bittersweet way to dive into Yuzu's skating again, but more than that though, it was ultimately just incredibly inspiring to watch him grow as a person and athlete (and hopefully the Beijing post-comp practices were cathartic for him too)
  • When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?
    • Only recently actually, and I found out through the biweekly #yuzuskatingparty streams! Before that, I didn't even realize such a rich community of resources and fanyus existed asdfsgsfgfs I'm sorry! 
  • Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?
    • Not yet uhuhuhuhuuu, but I did manage to unload a LOT of pent up feelings about Yuzu's hardships, amongst maaaany other things in fs world onto some of my friends, who were so wonderful in listening to my rants >_<
  • Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?
    • Also not yet, but I do hope to contribute art in the future!
  • Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?
    • Sadly I do not live in a place where that is possible, but sending allll the wonderful love and energy to those who can~
  • What do you like the most about this forum?
    • That it seems like a safe and comforting place for fanyus and anyone curious about Yuzu. And that its got an amazing archive of videos for some of us who're still trying to catch up on them lol
  • Would you like to participate in the giveaway?
    • Yes please! That would be super lovely~~~

1) When did you become a fan of Yuzu?

I remember it clearly, since I finished watching Yuri on ice!!! many figure skating videos showed in my recommendations and one of them was Yuzu's Sochi Parisian Walkways. It blew my mind, I had no idea figure skating could be that beautiful and then I started following him.

2) When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?

Hmmm, a couple of months ago? I don't remember it well; I think it was because I was looking for translated interviews hehe.

3) Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?

No, figure skating is not popular here 😔 I made tons of online friends though!

4) Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?

I'm not sure if it was from Planet Hanyu but I remember there was a Google forms to send messages hahahs, I participated in that.

5) Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

I'm on the other hemisphere, I'm from South America so no competitions close 😔

6) What do you like the most about this forum?

How everyone is so nice with each other and how helpful some people are with new fanyus 🥺

7) Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

Yes!!! 

On 4/29/2022 at 2:12 PM, turquoiseblue said:

Hello and welcome to the Planet, @zlc, @Ignite_391, @Sweetsummerchild, @Elly, @yuzu_seimei, @seenheyunnn and @SaraHime94 :welcome:

I'm happy to have you all here :10742289:

I love your profile photo, @Elly :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been going through health-related issues. It's touching how Yuzu's skating has positive effects on you. I'm sending good vibes your way :grouphug:

Thank you! I just love bunnies too much.

And thank you for the good wishes! :hugs:Really appreciate that.

1 When did you become a fan of Yuzu?

Around April 2020, during lockdown. I casually watched a video, it was Worlds H&L. I was shocked by the beauty of that ethereal performance. Then I searched him on YouTube and in about 15 minutes I became a Fanyu 😄

2 When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?

A few days later I found this forum, lately I signed up.

3 Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? No. I don't have a lot of time to write, I read and watch videos.

4 Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? 

no

5 Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

no but It Is my dream

6 What do you like the most about this forum?

i love to read the thougths of people sharing their love for Yuzu's skating. The feelings and ansiety before, during, after comps and shows. IRL i don't know anyone who follow FS and Yuzu. 

7 Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

yes

Its been a lot of fun reading everyone's answers! :YuzuPoohLove:

Here are mine:

I've always loved figure skating and watched a lot of it growing up, but at a certain point I stopped watching due to various reasons. Unfortunately, that coincided with the time Yuzu came onto the scene, so I managed to miss most of his career. :headdesk2:  

Fast forward to 2018, the news was reporting about the Olympics, so I decided to take a peek, saw a replay of Yuzu's Ballade No. 1 and became an instant fan.

After I discovered Yuzu, I started looking for information about him and came across the Planet. I lurked for 2 months and found out that they were going to give him a parade in Sendai to celebrate his 2nd OGM. Someone posted a link to the live stream, but it was hidden behind the spoiler! So I had to delurk and sign up to see the link. :67638860:  Thank you whoever posted that link and made me sign up!

Yes, from the meetups at the competitions.

Yes, the birthday projects and the YuzuSkatingParties, and probably a few others.

Yes, I've been lucky to attend several competitions and met up with other satellites. It was the best time ever cheering for Yuzu together! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I hope that I will get the chance to do that again someday.

6. What do you like the most about this forum?

I love seeing the latest Yuzu news and following all the satellite chat in the General Yuzu thread. I also love the competition and ice show threads where we can watch the live streams together. The Team Other Skaters and General Skating Chat threads are great for catching up with what else is going on in the figure skating world. Finally, the videos, translations, and compilations archives are just a treasure trove of Yuzu goodness. :8232307:

7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

Yes, I never turn down Yuzu goodies. :) Thanks so much for the giveaways! :thanks:

Firstly, I'd like to wish happy anniversary to Planet Hanyu! It's so nice to have a place to share all our Yuzu love <3 .

Let me get to the questionnaire~

Summer 2016, I came across a gifset on my tumblr dashboard and decided to investigate on Youtube. First search result was Parisienne Walkways, which I instantly fell in love with :heartsign:. From then on, my love for him kept getting stronger each day~

Soon after discovering Yuzu, I started lurking on GS fanfest, reading everyone's comments, and learning about skating... but I was too shy to interact there and tbh that place scared me a little :rofl3:... so when I heard that a new forum, focused on Yuzu, was opening in april/may 2017, I immediately joined as well :D 

I think me and @Yuzu_legend could count as irl friends?? I mean, we met online and then only had one opportunity to spend time together, which was during GPF Torino 2019, but we stay in touch and interact practically every day! Same with most of Poohrino attendees :D 

Yes, I'm helping out with YuzuSkatingParty and some other projects. It's honestly a great opportunity to help out with anything I can, I hope our forum can keep growing and gaining memebers full of love for Yuzu <3 

Poohrino was the only competition I was able to attend and I met a whole bunch of you there, hopefully I'm able to repeat the experience sometime soon! 🥺

Obviously, the video  archive, and beside that the feeling of community. And it's refreshing to have a home base for a fandom that is not "Twitter"... It can get exhausting over there ;) 

As one of the organizers I'm opting out :grin: 

Good luck to everyone who is participaing though, only a little more and we'll announce the winners, I counted you all and there's 82 submissions so far~

20 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

Ohhhhhh Anni, don't be sorry for your "bad English" and what to think of mine almost non-existent  :doh:(just a few short basic sentences) and just to see, I switched from "English / French" and I would be unable to speak . write texts in English like yours  :girlsigh: : be proud of your English

@Yuzuwinnie Thank you very much for your kind words. :grouphug:  I have to admit, that I'm now already getting along a little better with the English language since I have been writing here on the Planet. :yes:

On 4/27/2022 at 8:49 PM, Yuzuwinnie said:

2: I think (I don't remember?) beginning of last year and discovered by chance and good luck, right :wink_star:

You can see your login date on your profile under your username. 

You have been on the Planet for 1 year now, you registered here on 27h April 2021. :peace2:

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? In 2017 off-season, when my twin sister told me I needed to only watch 1 and only 1 figure skater only & proceeds to make me watch SEIMEI 1.0 (GPF 2015) and Hope and Legacy (Worlds 2017). I never looked back since:)
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? I like hanging out with other fanyus during Planet Hanyu streams talking abt Yuzu and also all our precious videos and memories of Yuzu are here~
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? Not really, acquaintances online more like it, but really fun experience nonetheless!
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? Usually the birthday celebrations for Yuzu
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? Nope, pandemic was a big source of my problems:(
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? How everyone is so friendly and we scream and go crazy abt the same things:)
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yea I love anything Yuzu~

I took interest in him during Socchi but Pyeonchang was really when I became a proper Fanyu because it was hard for me to watch any figure skating at the time.

I only recently joined after Beijing because I had no idea that there was a forum that dedicated itself to Yuzuru. Had I known, I would have joined in a heartbeat. I'm so happy that I did because I get to meet new Fanyus from all over the world who share a deep love and admiration for Yuzuru. 

Unfortunately, I have yet to make any IRL friends through here but I hope that will change in the future~

Not that I'm aware of other than joining the twitch streams.  I'm still rather new to Planet Hanyu~

Sadly no. I do hope to one day go to a competition and meet up with other Fanyus~

I love that there's so much love and positive vibes here. Whether it was for Yuzuru or the people he cares about or even other Fanyus. It's so wholesome and I truly hope Planet Hanyu continues to grow even 5 or 10 or 50 years from now~

Yes please. It would bring me great joy to have at least one Yuzuru merch even if it's just a postcard~ Best of luck to everyone~ Even if I don't really win anything, I think this is such a wholesome way to get to know old and new members so that's already good enough for me~

1. 2017, I grew up watching fs, mainly fs women and always wanted to try this sport, but hadn't the resources for it. In 2017 I decided to also watch fs men and I saw yuzu's hope and legacy. I was in awe of his technical and artistic abilities. I kept watching his competitions but just a year ago I decided to join the online fs world to connect to other fanyus.
  2. at the beginning of this year to connect to other fanyus, especially to get advice for future competitions.
  3. not yet, I think I'm just too shy for that. but if I ever have to chance to meet at future conceptions or ice shows, I would be more than happy^^
  4. I don't think I have done that yet
  5. This is one of the main reasons I joined this site, so I hope I'll get the chance in the future
  6. It's a great platform to bring fanyus together and holds a great archive of yuzu content, especially videos. For new fans it's very welcoming^^ And the watch parties are such a heartwarming opportunity to connect new and old fanyus as well as fill the drought in off season!
  7. yes, thank you for doing sooooo much for this community :heart:

2015-2016 season, came at first because of PW performance

Signed up for Planet Hanyu because I was looking for translation and documentaries on Yuzu

Sadly not yet, I'm mostly a lurker haha but I have found a lot of other lovely artists and fans of Yuzu

Nope.

Haven't attended enough competitions to ever participate in a meetup! Only been to one competition after all

Sentiments wise, I love everyone's unwavering adoration towards yuzu! But honestly my favorite thing about the forum is how well organize the forum is in terms of documentaries, translations, magazine recommendations.... its so easy to find information on yuzu! Its always my go to place for any kind of Yuzu related info

I'd love too! Post Beijing merch has been SO tempting, especially that tenchi totes bag and kiss and cry vol.13........

Hello! First of all, Happy 5th Anniversary!

When did you become a fan of Yuzu?

- I first knew about Yuzu during Sochi 2014 and thought he deserves the gold. I was not an ultimate fan back then because I was only 10 years old and never really knew anything about figure skating. But since I am a ballet dancer, I love and admire his artistry, beautiful lines, techniques, and handsome-cute face. Later on, I searched more about him and found out that he is not trained in ballet. And because of searching so much about him, I became a fan. #fanyu_since_2014

When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?

- I signed up last July 12, 2022. When I got active on Twitter, I saw that such a planet exists. And I love watching videos uploaded by fellow fanyus and reading some news or stories in the forums.

Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?

- No, I did not. I am quite a shy person. I would love to make some tho.

Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?

- Not yet. Every time there is a group project, I am always busy living my life as a student artist. But I hope I'll be able to attend the next ones.

Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

- Sadly not, I live in the Philippines and never got the opportunity to watch face-to-face competitions.

What do you like the most about this forum?

- The videos! Thank you so much to all Fanyus uploading them. And I also like seeing Fanyus interacting with each other in the forum.

Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

- YES! Thank you so much for this. And I hope to win any because I never had any of the merchandise available.

hello i’m andrea ☺️

• When did you become a fan of Yuzu?

worlds 2017 hope&legacy. I remember watching that FS and becoming his fan inmediately, it was so intense I started trembling lol, and it’s still my fave Yuzu free skate today. I’ve been watching figure skating casualy since I was small, but when I entered uni I was busy so it was hard to follow competitions. The point I wanted to make is I liked him before that moment but that competition made me his fan. 

• When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?

I joined after Beijing Olympics! Some people on Twitter recommended this site for info, videos, interviews, etc and they were right, thank u for all the great content. 

• Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?

i usually enter the website to watch videos and search for info, so no. not yet? hehe

• Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?

no, but i if i can sometime in the future, i would like to

• Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

no but i would love to 🥺 must be so fun

• What do you like the most about this forum?

lots of good info and content, people are so knowledgeable and polite too for what i’ve seen

• Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

yes I would like to participe, thank u for the giveaway and happy aniversary 💕💕💕