Celebrating the 5th Anniversary of Planet Hanyu!

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu?
- I became a fan on October 20, 2021, I was watching random stuffs on Youtube and it recommended me a video of a skaters crash at coc14. I didn't read the title and I didn't know the skaters name, but after watching the vid, I am sure that i want to support and protect Yuzuru Hanyu forever<3

2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?
- I signed up here a month after i became a fanyu because everyone recommended Planet Hanyu to me^^

3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?
- sadly no

4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?
- Still haven't because I'm still busy in my academic stuffs but hopefully soon I can join!

5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?
- I haven't attended to any competitions & meet with other fanyus but I hope i can!

6. What do you like the most about this forum?
- I really like the videos that are organized with label, it really helped and guided many new fans like me and I like the discussions here too maybe I will join other discussion when my academics are done!!

7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway?
- Yes!!

1. I saw him in my Youtube recommendations around December after watching Yuna’s Concerto in F. And before I knew it, I became a fanyu!:tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:
  2. I signed up for Planet Hanyu because I thought there was a livestream here for Worlds 2021ㅠㅠ I was still a baby fanyu so I had no idea what was going on
  3. Not yet because I’m mostly active in Twitter but I would be happy to make irl friends here<33
  4. Not yet but I would love to if given the chance:heart:
  5. No:(( I’m too broke to buy any tickets in international comps:sadPooh:
  6. I like how this fandom is so dedicated to yuzu and I can really see all the hard work that the Planet Hanyu team put in their giveaway, twitch streams, the video archives etc. so kudos to the hardworking staff:cheer:
  7. Yes pleasee:tumblr_meh7eaW0cM1qdlkyg:

I haven't been a part of the community publicly for long but I have frequent to PlanetHanyu so much it's almost concerning. 

1. Actually, just last year around the time when the 24Hr TV was broadcasted, who would've have guessed I found yuzu during off-season. I was super excited and couldn't believe myself I was watching him live. I didn't know I would only be seeing him 6 months later but it wasn't that bad because we got showered with crumbs from time to time.
  2. Just recently. though, I've been digging the video archives and joining the Skating parties for a long time. I sometimes lurk around the threads ehehe (because I was scared before) but I finally found the courage to sign up. 
  3. No, I haven't yet. :(
  4. When the opportunity arises, I will definitely participate. 
  5. I haven't been able to go to any competitions yet. but soon. :wink_star:
  6. The fact that it is easy to access everything and the archive is super duper awesome.
  7. yes pleasee ~~

And most importantly, thank you so much to the PlanetHanyu admins. There's no words to express the gratitude I have for you guys.:snpeace:

On 4/27/2022 at 2:51 AM, Yuzu_legend said:

Dear :satellite:Satellites

Time flies and on the 29th of April our International Forum Planet Hanyu will celebrate its 5th anniversary :67638860: !!! It’s been five years full of love, excitement and emotions, each passing day truly an honor to be fans of Yuzuru Hanyu and to be able to follow him. We feel so proud and grateful for every single time he stepped on the ice and gifted us with his unique skating!:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

This Forum is our Fanyu home and we would like to celebrate together and share our experiences ! For this special occasion we have prepared a questionnaire and also some giveaways!:626gdau:

Please reply to this thread and answer the following questions or just share your thoughts with us! The giveaway entries close on Sunday, 01.05.2022 at 5pm CET, and we will randomly select and announce the winners the same day at 9 pm CET among the people posting in the thread!

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu?
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?
  6. What do you like the most about this forum?
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

Let’s share the Fanyu love and keep wholeheartedly supporting Yuzu!!

Planet Hanyu:balloons-smiley:

bno0ZYE.jpg 

5dXHu39.jpg 

Thank you again for all the hard work and spreading love for Yuzu 💖💖💖

1. I became an hidden Fanyu during Worlds 17 because my daughter was pestering me to watch that prodigy Japanese skater 😂

2. I signed up here after PC when I gave up on sanity and needed to interact with others (as crazy as me which was reassuring)

3. Yes. A group of wonderful people who even stayed at my place to watch Yuzu.

4. Yes

5. Yes and it made competitions an even better moment.

6. It feels like family. I love the positivity and all the projects.

7. Yes of course 😁

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? From 2017 COR
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? Follow twi 2 years ago, like the interaction part
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? Hope will soon
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? Yes, one project before via twi
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? No chance since year 2020...
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? Meet people around the world
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes
  1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? I know him since Gpf 2019 but become a fan when Beijing Olympics start
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? I've known planet Hanyu before Beijing but was too lazy to sign up so sorry 💔 
  3. Did you make any IRL friends through Planet Hanyu? Not yet 💦
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? I don't think so maybe one day 
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? Haven't yet 😭
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? I want to know more about yuzu 
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes, please 🙏 

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu?

It was around a month ago. i'm a fan of a japanese voice actor and watched his video then there is one video where Yuzuru showed up with his legendary 'please eat me' :peekapooh:. I was curious who he is, i found out that he's a figure skater, then the coc accident video showed up, on that day he gained my respect.

It was just recently i signed up for planet Hanyu. When i found out about this site, i was afraid that it is a toxic site but gladly it is a fun and warm planet and i feel safe for being a fanyu. 

Sadly not yet

4.Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?

Not yet, I'm pretty busy with my academics

5.Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

Again, sadly not yet. I hope i have a chance to attend any meetups since i'm from a tropical country, i have to save a lot of money to attend comps. I'll working hard for this!

6.What do you like the most about this forum?

This forum has everything about Yuzuru Hanyu where i could find any videos or things that i won't see in other sites. also, i barely find any toxicity here which i found it as a safe place, and everyone is nice and warm to a new fan like me. 

7.Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

of course, yes!

Guest turquoiseblue

I can't believe that it has already been 5 years! :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: How fast time flies :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

Hi, @sonagiyuzu, @yuzusmoon, @goathanyu, @aemlai, @Akrasi, @hourlyyuzu, @richu, @maivi, @chopinseimei, @originjada, @salchowfrenemy, @Yasmin, @Clahanyushii, @napofagalaxy, @yuzu02, @kiya, @lalaleiii, @jellyyuzu, @lily-liyu and @Simito :tumblr_m9gcv6So5s1qzckow:
Welcome to the Planet and congratulations on your first post :welcome: It's always lovely to have new satellites! :10742289: :10742288:

12 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

3: i don't know what it is irl :sorry: 

"IRL" stands for "in real life". The question is whether you made any real life friends (as opposed to online friends) through Planet Hanyu :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

When did you become a fan of Yuzu?

Around Apr-May 2018. I have always been interested in the story of Abe no Seimei. One day, I went through my Facebook timeline and saw a post called "Abe no Seimei on ice". I was immediately curious and fell into the rabbit hole. Then I watched Yuzu's interview and was amazed at his wisdom. Finally, I stumbled upon 2014 CoC and became a diehard fan after that. (I know CoC 14 is controversal and I don't want to see him skating with head injuries, I just couldn't help but want to root for him after watching that)

When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?

I spent some time just reading the posts here before I joined, as I didn't have a habbit of posting things from myself. Can't remember exactly why, around June 2019, I decided to participate in the discussion. Now I am happy to have a platform discuss about Yuzu with all of you.

Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?

Not yet but I hope so in the future

Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?

I think I have joined Birthday projects before.

Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

Yes, in 4CC 2020. It was awesome.

What do you like the most about this forum?

Beautiful user interface, updated news about Yuzu, nice Yuzu fans

Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

Sure. Thanks a lot for your work.

在2022/4/27 at AM8点51分, Yuzu_legend说:
  • When did you become a fan of Yuzu? - Beijing Olympics
  • When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? - After I reactivate my twitter account today, to find those who love him and can communicate in English, 'cause I cannot read Japanese.
  • Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? - Not yet, I'm in lockdown at Shanghai currently.
  • Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? - Not yet.
  • Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? - No.
  • What do you like the most about this forum? - It's like sharing a secret joy with people who fully appreciate his elegance on ice.
  • Would you like to participate in the giveaway? - Sure. I feel so lucky meeting Yuzuru in my life, amazed by his great performance and inspired by his continuous pursuit for perfection. I have the same bood type and sign as Yuzuru, I can feel his feeling when I watched his various interviews. Anticipate the ice show in May and June and I hope he enjoys the show and feels the love from fans all over the world. Love you, Yuzu!

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? 2018 after the pyeong Chang Olympics and watching his SEIMEI FS. 
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? February 2022 - during Beijing Olympics trying to find other videos of yuzu's previous skates and ice shows
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? No. :( anyone in Canada want to be my friend? 😂
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? No. 
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? No. 
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? The availability of videos and the fact of gathering all the yuzu fans together. I'm glad to feel I'm not alone. 
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes! 

Happy Anniversary, Planet Hanyu!! Thank you for everything you do for yuzu and the fanyu community 🥰

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu?

Dec 2020! I was on a youtube binge during our Christmas break, and yt kept on recommending Seimei to me. It kept on popping up several more times, so I decided to finally give it a go! And I'm sure glad that i did 🤍

1. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?

Just last month actually! I was going through the Yuzuru Glossary and finally gave in and made an account because I realized that this place really does have everything 😆

1. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?

Since I'm new, not yet! Though I look forward to interacting with you all! 😌

1. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?

Not yet!

1. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

There aren't many ice skating competitions held in our country, so no :( 

1. What do you like the most about this forum?

the Glossary!! It's truly something you can only find here hehe

Also, the video collections are so comprehensive! I could spend my whole lifetime watching those, I think 🤣

1. Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

Yes, please! 🤍

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? 6-7 years ago I came across Sochi short program Parisienne walkways on YouTube and watched all of his programs since.

2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? After Beijing, I accidentally came across this site on Twitter. I love the videos on this site.

3. Did you make any IRL friends through Planet Hanyu? Sadly no

4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? Also no 

5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? No, couldn't even attend any competition. Wish I could. 

6. What do you like the most about this forum? Watch ice shows.

7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes, please 🤩

1. I'm really a kpop fan then early 2021 I was scrolling on youtube then suddenly it recommended Yuzuru's Sochi 2014 Parissian walkway then I got curious and watch it! To my surprise I got hook and fell in love with him in an instant💕

2. Since I was really head over heels for Yuzuru I keep searching for him in all social media I'am familiar with. Then i keep seeing videos from instagram that I can't find at youtube so I scroll on the comments, there I saw someone commented about 'planethanyu'. I googled and "ta da🎊" every videos I am looking is in here! Thank you so much!!!"

3. Not yet but I want too!

4. Not yet but if there will be an opportunity G! (go!go!go!)😍

5. I haven't but hope i could 🙏

6. Everything about Yuzuru is in here! So I could spend everyday here just rewatching everything about him because Yuzu fills up my empty heart! (again, thank you so much!!)

7. Yes please! that would be very nice of you. 💞