Celebrating the 5th Anniversary of Planet Hanyu!

Dear :satellite:Satellites

Time flies and on the 29th of April our International Forum Planet Hanyu will celebrate its 5th anniversary :67638860: !!! It’s been five years full of love, excitement and emotions, each passing day truly an honor to be fans of Yuzuru Hanyu and to be able to follow him. We feel so proud and grateful for every single time he stepped on the ice and gifted us with his unique skating!:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

This Forum is our Fanyu home and we would like to celebrate together and share our experiences ! For this special occasion we have prepared a questionnaire and also some giveaways!:626gdau:

Please reply to this thread and answer the following questions or just share your thoughts with us! The giveaway entries close on Sunday, 01.05.2022 at 5pm CET, and we will randomly select and announce the winners the same day at 9 pm CET among the people posting in the thread!

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu?
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?
  6. What do you like the most about this forum?
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

Let’s share the Fanyu love and keep wholeheartedly supporting Yuzu!!

Planet Hanyu:balloons-smiley:

bno0ZYE.jpg 

5dXHu39.jpg 

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? Worlds at Nice 2012, R&J1 FTW!!!
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? I was here from the beginning, when all h3ll broke loose over on that FanFest That Shall Not Be Named! 
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? no
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? yes
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? yes! So thrilled to meet Yonkaiten Pixel in Montpellier last month!!
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? so terrific we can come here any day or night to talk to other fans. Plus the video archives!!
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? yes please :-)

This is so cool! I'm so happy I found this forum.

1. It happened around Beijing time, but before I saw him skate. Long story short, I saw on Reddit this bingo card that had one square with Yuzu showing up unexpectedly for the team event and I was like... who is this guy who hasn't arrived yet? I look him up, his name seemed familiar, went on YT, saw that some years ago I had seen his 2018 Olympics FS and decided to refresh my memory. Seimei grabbed me by throat and down I went into binging all his performances (I hadn't finished by the time the men's singles SP came around). When he stepped on the ice for Rondo I was already a Fanyu. *

2. At first I stumbled upon PH when I searched for Yuzu, but I had no previous experience with forums, so I was quite lost and had no idea what it was for. After Beijing, I saw more and more from PH showing up in my google searches for videos - I discovered the video archives and then the #YuzuSkatingParty streams were scheduled and I was lucky to be in time for the first one. That clearly meant that I had to sign up. Saw the subforums and all the discussion, saw how nice of a community it was, and in 2 days I mastered how to navigate around here.

3. I haven't been interacting much around here, so I haven't even had the chance to make online friends yet, but from what I've seen there aren't many members from my country that means much less of a chance to meet Fanyus in real life.

4. I'm a baby Fanyu, I haven't had the chance yet, but I'd like to in the future.

5. Nope, but I definitely want to. I'm hoping to be able to go to the GPF next season.

6. It's a nice communitiy, well-organized, full of welcoming people of all ages. It feels like an online family. Besides, everyone knows some piece of information be it related to FS or Yuzu, and whatever question pops up, someone will answer it. However, the best of the best for me, at this moment, are all the videos stored here. I'm so happy I get to see ice shows and the such that I never would've had any idea that they existed if not for this forum.

7. Yes, I would love it so much. I've rarely entered giveaways because of the low chance I believe I have of winning, but I'm willing to give it a shot this time.

*I could write an entire story, full of thoughts and feelings, about how I became Yuzu's fan, yet it'd take too much space and it'd be (most likely) incoherent.

1. I became a fan of Yuzu after watching him during the Pyeongchang Olympics 2018
  2. I signed up for Planet Hanyu after the stress of watching Beijing Olympics because I needed to connect with other fanyus :') 
  3. I consider all of the lovely people in this forum to be my online friends but I've sadly not met anyone in real life yet
  4. No I haven't but would love to in the future!
  5. No I haven't yet!
  6. I love and appreciate the incredible archive of Yuzuru videos and the way it's so easy to navigate! 
  7. Yes! I would love to win a lovely Yuzu related prize <3

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu?

Worlds 2017

2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?

June 2017, I was reading Yuzu's GS thread then it was blocked, there was a whole drama and then I foound a link to this forum 😌

2. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?

Not yet, hi guys 🖐

3. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?

I don't think so, no

4. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

not yet.

5. What do you like the most about this forum?

the organization and the love for yuzu 💖

6. Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

yes :)

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? During Sochi Olympics!! I saw his short program and was intrigued so i watched his free skate and became a fan after ^_^
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? Shortly after Beijing Olympics. I saw the Planet Hanyu account on twitter when looking for yuzu content and decided to sign up!
    No, not yet!
    No, but I would love to when there is one!
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? No not yet!
    I really like that there is an archive of all of Yuzu’s interviews and programs!!
    Yes I would love to and have a chance to receive yuzu merch ^-^

1 : since the 2012 Worlds where I did WOOOOOOOO 

2: I think (I don't remember?) beginning of last year and discovered by chance and good luck, right :wink_star:

3: i don't know what it is irl :sorry: 

4: non 

5 : unfortunately no, I did not go to competition and it is my dream 

6: this forum was, for me, a revelation and to find news about Yuzu that I would never have known from your tweeters / to be able to write to each other without judging myself / to admire videos and sometimes make eyes like that OO in front of what I read, yes we are really a family of fanyus from all over the world and we can also help each other and ask what we don't know (which happens to me quite often) and I always an answer THANK YOU 

7 : yes please and with great pleasure 

When did you become a fan of Yuzu?

- I am a kpop fan and I was scrolling through YouTube and found someone who looks like Soobin from TXT. I was shocked to see that Yuzu and Soobin's  resemblance. I saw the video in 2018 and thei video that I saw was 2014 Sochi, his short program. After that watching that masterpiece, i became a fan ^^

When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?

- I knew this forum for a long timee but I signed up just this year 2022, and I wanted to sign up to get recommendations on what photobook I should buy T^T luckily there were so many good suggestions, I'm so grateful !! 

Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu?

- not yet :(( but I would love to <3

Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu?

- not yett :(( i would love to participate someday !! 

Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?

- i didn't have a chance to go to his competitions yet so i didn't attend any meetups T^T

What do you like the most about this forum?

- i love that everyone shares their love for yuzu they way I do, and that they understand the feeling of supporting someone important to you without judging you <3

Would you like to participate in the giveaway?

- yesss 10000 !!!! ^^

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THIS LOVELY FORUM!!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

1) I became a fanyu in 2017 some time after worlds when YouTube recommended me 2017 worlds h&l. It instantly entranced me and I've been a fan ever since!! :dancingpooh:

2) I signed up some time after Beijing!! I've always been a bit nervous to start interacting with other fans but after years I've built up the courage I guess!! :tumblr_m9pdbpGWWe1qid2nw:

3) I haven't met any irl friends, though I have found close online friends! Especially through the twitch parties that have been happening lately :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

4) No, but I'm more than willing to in the future!! :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

5) I actually haven't been able to even attend a competition :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow: I'm hoping to be able to attend skate canada this season though!!! :tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw:

6) It's so amazing to have access to so much media within one place. You can get lost for hours just clicking through videos and/or threads!! The amount of work put into this forum truly is incredible :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

7) Yes of course!! Best of luck to everyone!!! :grouphug2:

Happy anniversary!!

1. Yuzu has been on my radar for a while - the Onmyoji films are some of my best friend's and my favourite films; she lived and worked in Japan a little while ago and knew of Yuzu and his Seimei program. But I only finally got round to watching it last year (and the behind-the-scenes with Mansai Nomura). As a ballet dancer, it completely blew my mind. I've always liked figure skating, but just casually (me and my mum take my 80-year-old nan to our local seasonal ice rink and catch highlights from odd competition when they're on TV and things like that). With Yuzu, I'm completely hooked. Following along with Beijing (waking up at 3am to watch live) was such an incredible experience.

2. Just recently, when the Saturday livestreams started! I've been lurking >:) but it's such a brilliant resource and I'm loving learning so much about figure skating and about Yuzu and the work he's done inside and outside the sport.

3. Not yet! But I have inflicted my hyperfixation on all of the irl friends I have already.

4. In the future, I definitely will!

5. No - I'm disabled and isolating as much as I can all the while the pandemic is such a massive issue here in England. Hopefully in the future! I can't imagine anything more amazing than seeing Yuzu perform live and getting to hang out with other fans at the same time.

6. The forum as an archival resource! I'm the type of person who wants to watch every single one of Yuzu's performances that's available and learn as much as I can, and I really can't overstate how incredible the forum is as an archive in that way. I'm so grateful for the work you do!

7. Yes please!

1. Sochi :heart: Until then, i had been following elite figure skating only sporadically, mostly just the Olympic games or world championships. But after watching the young, charismatic Yuzu skating to Parisienne Walkways so freely and enthusiastically, I instantly became his fan. 
2. I created this account 2 years ago. But have been lurking here regularly since the day 1 after the mass exodus from you-know-which-forum. I am shy and my english sucks, but after all it is nice to have a place where you can talk with others who share the same passion. Funny enough, i am a former low-level skater and have many skating friends, but we never talk about elite figure skaters and most of them do not even watch any competitions, so i am happy this wonderful place exists. 
3. Not yet but would like to!
4. Yes, birthday messages for Yuzu. Lovely projects. 
5. I attended 3 Yuzu-competitions before covid and met some lovely Fanyus, but not sure whether they were from the Planet or not.
6. This community :heart: We are all so different and yet the love for Yuzu unites us. I love reading other satellite's stories and opinions about Yuzu. And so many members contribute with various Yuzu-content, whether it is news, translations, videos/pictures, reports, analyses and so on. :thanks: And i love the competition threads. I never contribute because whenever Yuzu competes, i am too stressed out to form a single coherent English sentence, but it is so much fun to read yours because my reaction is most of the time like - omg same :panic:

7. Actually no because i have already bought too much Yuzu-merch haha, so hopefully someone else can win :fingerscrossed:

Thank you everyone for contributing and making this place so nice. Happy Birthday to Planet Hanyu! May we have many many great years to come! :balloons-smiley:

Hi all! Great idea, thanks for this :) Happy almost anniversary PH!!

A proper fan? 1 hour before his FS at Beijing! I knew of him though but hadn't actually watched FS for years, since when Yuna Kim retired pretty much.
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu?
    Literally a few days after, if not 24h. I felt this huge amount of love and admiration pouring out of me and couldn't keep it to myself any longer.
    Sadly no, but anyone living or visiting England, give me a shout, let's have coffee and watch Yuzu videos and cry together.
    Not yet :) 
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions?
    No, haven't been to a competition for about 10 years sadly.
    The fact that completely different people are all agreeing that Yuzu is absolutely PHENOMENALLY out of this world, and also the utmost respect and concern we all have for him. I don't care what some people think about Fanyus, I think we're all a bunch of very respectful persons who really want the best for Yuzu, and who love and look up to him more than words can say.
    Sure :)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :7938863::tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg::YuzuPoohLove:

Since November 2019. During season2018-19 I started watching FS competitions on TV as a way of commemoration of my late grandmother, who was a FS fan and who used to let me watch some FS videos with her on her phone (I've recently discovered her favourite skater was Yuzu as well :tumblr_m230o5o5Gg1qfamg6:). After she passed away (:tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:), I watched as many competitions as I could, like the GPseries without knowing any skater nor jump or basically anything. Some times after (in November 2019) I remembered there was a skater that made everyone going crazy for him and his performance, but I couldn't recall his name at all. Guess what I did to find out his name? There was one singular thing I was amazed by and that I particularly remembered: I literally googled "Figure skater Winnie Pooh". And just like that Yuzuru Hanyu entered my life - couldn't have done a better thing in my life:snpeace:

2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? I feel soo bad answering this, but literally now TT . I've known Planet Hanyu for really long, actually since I became a Fanyu, but I've always been a bit skeptical when it comes to sign up to forum or anything. Few days before Beijing I had decided to sign here, and I was totally sure I did it, but I've just discovered I'm a terrible person, I feel so bad for this, I'm so sorry T˜T

3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? Not yet

4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? I don't think so, but I'm looking forward to anything that'll come up!

5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? Unfortunately no, I've never attended any competitions

6. What do you like the most about this forum? The first time I came upon it, it was because I was going crazy looking for the name of H&L starting from a picture of it, and I found out the archive of his costumes here, you really saved me! So I'll say the fact that you can look for really anything here, the work behind this forum is incredible!

7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes, it would be a pleasure! And I'd like to thank you all for this opportunity and for your extraordinary work and dedition to this forum, you're amazing :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

It's so much fun to read through everyone's posts - thank you for doing  this!

1. When did you become a fan of Yuzu? I first noticed Yuzu in the Sochi 2014 Olympics. Although a FS fan since 1976, I had not been watching the sport much at that time and hadn’t heard of him. After he finished Parisian Walkways, I thought to myself “Wow, who is this adorable young man?” and “Wow, his skating is gorgeous!” He looked so young and happy at the medal ceremony. It was enchanting. I then followed him casually and enjoyed seeing him at the 2018 Olympics with more of his amazing skating – SEIMEI was so exciting! Still only a casual fan (sorry!) until Beijing. The whole heartbreaking but inspiring arc of his experience in Beijing made me (finally) want to know more about this amazing person and his Haru Yo, Koi at the gala made me a fanyu for life! I still get teary every time I watch it. ❤
  2. When and why did you sign up for Planet Hanyu? I followed a couple of Facebook pages run by Merisa Cenanovic and Angelica Zy and Planet Hanyu was mentioned in a comment. At that time I was really wanting to watch his past performances and they mentioned that PH had a vast video archive so I went right to the site and signed up.
  3. Did you make any irl friends through Planet Hanyu? Not so far! Anyone in the NYC metro area? 
  4. Have you participated in any group projects on Planet Hanyu? Not yet but maybe one day.
  5. Did you attend any meetups with other satellites at competitions? I’ve only been on PH for a couple of months and, obviously, no comps in the US, only US SOI shows which are probably not prime fanyu meet-up spots ha! 😉
  6. What do you like the most about this forum? The VIDEOS! What a priceless resource – thank you SO much! I’m also very much enjoying the general chat every day.
  7. Would you like to participate in the giveaway? Yes, please! I’ve been seeing so many pictures of beautiful Yuzu items over the past two months – it would be amazing to have one for my own.