Sending a letter

criss_004

Guest turquoiseblue
23 hours ago, criss_004 said:

Hi! I saw a picture of all the letters fans sent Yuzu at the Olympics. I don't live far from France, and I'd like to send him a letter for worlds. Is it possible? If it is, what do I have to do, what should I write on the envelope?

Thank you:wink2:

Hello, @criss_004! Welcome to the Planet :welcome:

I don't know if the organizer of Worlds 2022 accepts fan mail but you can always send a letter to the Japan Skating Federation and they will forward it to him :img_21: 

Here is the address:

Mr Yuzuru Hanyu
c/o Japan Skating Federation
Japan Sport Olympic Square
4-2 Kasumigaokamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 
160-0013
Japan

On 2/13/2022 at 8:37 PM, criss_004 said:

Hi! I saw a picture of all the letters fans sent Yuzu at the Olympics. I don't live far from France, and I'd like to send him a letter for worlds. Is it possible? If it is, what do I have to do, what should I write on the envelope?

Thank you:wink2:

It was an activity held by China Post. You can only send letter to Olympic village through China Post app if you are in China, and only during the Winter Olympic time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 1:09 PM, turquoiseblue said:

I don't know if the organizer of Worlds 2022 accepts fan mail but you can always send a letter to the Japan Skating Federation and they will forward it to him :img_21: 

Here is the address:

Mr Yuzuru Hanyu
160-0013
Japan

are they accepting fan mail any time, or only during competitions?

Guest turquoiseblue
20 minutes ago, frizera said:

are they accepting fan mail any time, or only during competitions?

Hello and welcome to the Planet, @frizera :welcome:

You can send a letter and a gift to the Japan Skating Federation at any time as long as you follow their rules:

• Write the skater's name clearly on the envelope or on the invoice.
  • Send one letter per skater or one parcel per skater.
  • Forwarding fees are not required. Do not enclose postage stamps.
  • Do not send the following items:
    Food for health and security reasons
    Animals and plants including potted plants
    Cash, high value items (e.g. jewellery, precious metals), cash vouchers, gift vouchers
    Items for professional skaters or foreign skaters who do not belong to the Japan Skating Federation
  • We do not accept requests for specific delivery dates, e.g. Christmas and Valentine's Day.

• 4 months later...
On 2/15/2022 at 3:09 AM, turquoiseblue said:

Here is the address:

Mr Yuzuru Hanyu
160-0013
Japan

@turquoiseblue I guess this address would no longer be valid now that he's turning pro. They'd probably not forward mails to Yuzu now. What are your thoughts?

Guest turquoiseblue
2 hours ago, redvelvetcake said:

@turquoiseblue I guess this address would no longer be valid now that he's turning pro. They'd probably not forward mails to Yuzu now. What are your thoughts?

Welcome to the Planet, @redvelvetcake :welcome:

Yes, you are right :yes: I will contact Ice Rink Sendai to inquire if they accept letters and gifts from fans and if they have any rules. 

4 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

Welcome to the Planet, @redvelvetcake :welcome:

Yes, you are right :yes: I will contact Ice Rink Sendai to inquire if they accept letters and gifts from fans and if they have any rules. 

Me and @Perelandra are organizing the creation of a photobook with photos and texts that the satellites want to share with Yuzu as a way to send him our love and support. The only thing we don't know is how to get it to him. I have read your post and I was wondering if you would be so kind to share with us the answer that Ice Rink Sendai gives you, we would be eternally grateful :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

@turquoiseblue

Thank you very much indeed for volunteering to approach Ice Rink Sendai

Let's hope that they will be willing to help us.

I have sent gifts to Yuzu via the service provided by JSF in the past.

The information page on the JSF website clearly states that this service cannot be used for retired skaters. Given that Yuzu has made his change of status to professional athlete, the JSF forwarding service is now closed with regards to Yuzu.

This is a long standing policy and it is clearly published on the website, so that is fair and should be respected.

Guest turquoiseblue
1 hour ago, Anabel said:

Me and @Perelandra are organizing the creation of a photobook with photos and texts that the satellites want to share with Yuzu as a way to send him our love and support. The only thing we don't know is how to get it to him. I have read your post and I was wondering if you would be so kind to share with us the answer that Ice Rink Sendai gives you, we would be eternally grateful :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

@turquoiseblue

Thank you very much indeed for volunteering to approach Ice Rink Sendai

Let's hope that they will be willing to help us.

I have sent gifts to Yuzu via the service provided by JSF in the past.

The information page on the JSF website clearly states that this service cannot be used for retired skaters. Given that Yuzu has made his change of status to professional athlete, the JSF forwarding service is now closed with regards to Yuzu.

This is a long standing policy and it is clearly published on the website, so that is fair and should be respected.

About 30 minutes after I sent them an inquiry, I got a reply from them saying that the person in charge will respond to me shortly. I will share information with you as soon as I get it :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

5 minutes ago, turquoiseblue said:

About 30 minutes after I sent them an inquiry, I got a reply from them saying that the person in charge will respond to me shortly. I will share information with you as soon as I get it :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

That sounds great, thank you very much! :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

6 minutes ago, turquoiseblue said:

Thank you again, for reaching out to IceRink Sendai, it is very much appreciated. 

Guest turquoiseblue

I got an email from Ice Rink Sendai. Unfortunately, they told me that they do not accept fan mail for Yuzu, explaining that it had been the JSF that had officially provided a mail forwarding service and that this is also for security reasons and for Covid-19 protective measures.

They say that now that Yuzu has announced that he would turn professional, his agency is supposed to take over mail forwarding, and that they expect that there will be an official announcement regarding a fan mail address. They ask his fans to wait for the announcement from him.