Jump to content
Fay

Lord of the Rings discussion thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

 

wow that's so awesome!  what a fun way to bond!  it's great that your husband also loves lotr!!!

I like Harry Potter too! (not like LOTR through)I read all the books and see all the movies! My husband not so much! But fantastic it's fantastic! LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I like Harry Potter too! (not like LOTR through)I read all the books and see all the movies! My husband not so much! But fantastic it's fantastic! LOL

 

OMG i'm the same!  i love the harry potter series very much too because i read them when i was very very sick and couldn't go to school ... reading those books (slowly) was the only way for me to take my mind off and feel happy at that time so they always will be very special books to me...

 

but anyway, harry potter!  yes they are fantastic books!  and the movies!  i watched them all!  in cinema with friends or family or even sometimes by myself (when they are too busy to keep me company).  i seen the harry potter movies and lotr movies many times and also have the books all lined up on my shelf hahaha

 

the harry potter books have been released with really beautiful new shiny covers (my books are the 1st edition covers that are more plain) and even when i see them in book shops i will go look at them for a bit hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

 

OMG i'm the same!  i love the harry potter series very much too because i read them when i was very very sick and couldn't go to school ... reading those books (slowly) was the only way for me to take my mind off and feel happy at that time so they always will be very special books to me...

 

but anyway, harry potter!  yes they are fantastic books!  and the movies!  i watched them all!  in cinema with friends or family or even sometimes by myself (when they are too busy to keep me company).  i seen the harry potter movies and lotr movies many times and also have the books all lined up on my shelf hahaha

 

the harry potter books have been released with really beautiful new shiny covers (my books are the 1st edition covers that are more plain) and even when i see them in book shops i will go look at them for a bit hehe

Haha, we are off-topic! There was a Harry Potter fever in my city! LOL Everytime a new book was relesed or a new movie appeared we stayed in big lines for the books or the movie tickets at the premiere! It was so fun! I'm sorry that the series are over! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fay   

I quite like Harry Potter and read the books a lot of times, but not quite as much as... the LOTR!

I can throw up a thread about HP. Or you can!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Haha, we are off-topic! There was a Harry Potter fever in my city! LOL Everytime a new book was relesed or a new movie appeared we stayed in big lines for the books or the movie tickets at the premiere! It was so fun! I'm sorry that the series are over! 

 

me too!  i miss the harry potter series!  oh the potter fever is strong in my city too, with people all lining up at midnight and stuff

 

i think there was a news report about some people breaking into warehouses to steal the books before they were released to book stores LOL

 

oops i didn't mean to go off-topic! :snpeace:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Fay said:

I quite like Harry Potter and read the books a lot of times, but not quite as much as... the LOTR!

I can throw up a thread about HP. Or you can!!!

 

i'm the same - i LOVE harry potter series but lotr will always be extra special...

 

hehe either way is fine - whoever gets around to starting the harry potter topic can start it...? :space:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fay   

OK, we can talk about fantasy in general here. Anything you like!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fay said:

OK, we can talk about fantasy in general here. Anything you like!

 

i like this choice! :5918bda4d232b_0011(1): because i often talk about harry potter and lotr together (they are both epic fantasy series) so i think it's better that we can talk freely about both of them here!  just so that we can keep the same thread of conversation and not have to keep switching between different threads even when what we talk about is related... :snpeace:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

 

me too!  i miss the harry potter series!  oh the potter fever is strong in my city too, with people all lining up at midnight and stuff

 

i think there was a news report about some people breaking into warehouses to steal the books before they were released to book stores LOL

 

oops i didn't mean to go off-topic! :snpeace:

OMG! I remember that I read Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince for the first time way before it appeared in stores, I downloaded it from a torrent site and it was like photographed page by page! Crazy ppl! :Shocked:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

OMG! I remember that I read Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince for the first time way before it appeared in stores, I downloaded it from a torrent site and it was like photographed page by page! Crazy ppl! :Shocked:

 

hahahaha LOL i remember there was some crazy dude who'd wait outside the crowded bookstore and when he see people come out holding the newly bought half blood prince book, he'd scream 

Spoiler

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!!!

at everyone...

 

i was so surprised he didn't get bashed tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xeyra   

Silmarillion is my favorite Tolkien book, above even the original Trilogy, mostly because I was absolutely in love with the history of the elves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smultron   

Ooooh, how come I didn't notice this thread? 

LOTR is basically my childhood. I remember my dad would always watch it on weekends back in the day and that was where it started. I began joining him and at first couldn't grasp the concept and the story (What was going on? Who was Saruman? Who was Sauron? So many names, haha :rolleye0008: ) After several weekends spent watching the movies I was a fully converted LOTR fan, hehe. 

Unfortunately, I read the books later, seeing everything like it was in the movies. But it was wonderful too, so many precious details that didn't make it into the movies. 

Then two years ago I felt a crazy urge to learn more about the Middle Earth and fell straight down the pit of Silmarillion and learning to write in Tengwar. My inner nerd even made me attempt learning Sindarin at some point :59182ab50fefa_smile(1): 

 

I do think that the LOTR movie adaptation is a true masterpiece, especially the Fellowship (minus the part where Galadriel turns into an evil monster for a moment :smiley_facepalm: )  

The Hobbit? Nah. Stupid jokes, Legolas wearing those horrible blue lenses and all those special effects ruined it for me. Especially the last part. Everything looks so fake and wrong. Ugh. But it didn't prevent me from crying rivers in the movie theater :59182a8d937bc_biggrin(1):

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smultron   
58 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Silmarillion is my favorite Tolkien book, above even the original Trilogy, mostly because I was absolutely in love with the history of the elves. 

 

Same here! It is so epic and beautiful! I love the history of the elves too. I also loved the idea of the world being created with the help of music, what a great concept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xeyra   
Just now, Smultron said:

 

Same here! It is so epic and beautiful! I love the history of the elves too. I also loved the idea of the world being created with the help of music, what a great concept.

 

I should really re-read it soon. There's so many little details I've forgotten. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hannah   
15 hours ago, Fay said:

 Rohan has got to be my favourite theme!

 

+1000!!! It's my favorite too and it's so strong! I also keep waiting for more skaters to take LOTR soundtracks... 

 

I re-watch LOTR and Hobbit movies every winter (usually in January) and re-read the LOTR books every spring... And I always find some new quote that I didn't pay attention previously. :BeatingHeart:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×