[2022] European Championships - Men SP and FS

2 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Well..... anyway, Jackie should also bring out Nathan's PCS evolution too because it wasn't less amusing than Mark's 

Jackie needs to stop his own circus. And Grassl calling out PCS when he himself also benefits from it. idk which one is more awful

3 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

im happy for Mark but I hope it wont be the start of his inflation era after winning rusnat and european. but id prefer him over many male skaters these days tbh. If Yuzu aint competing next olympic (:hihi:) id maybe root for him. who am i kidding? not gonna stay for another quad

Doubt it, Russian men are so unreliable usually, two years ago everyone was saying the same about Dima Aliev when he won Euros... And now he's practically nowhere... People were seeing Samsonov as next champion but so far he's fighting (and losing for the moment) with Osgood-Schlatter... Well at least I have a very big soft spot for Mark right now, might change if he keeps being overscored though, lol

5 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

Well..... anyway, Jackie should also bring out Nathan's PCS evolution too because it wasn't less amusing than Mark's 

He would continue on ladies in euros instead, he would close his eyes to his star

1 minute ago, airi said:

Doubt it, Russian men are so unreliable usually, two years ago everyone was saying the same about Dima Aliev when he won Euros... And now he's practically nowhere... People were seeing Samsonov as next champion but so far he's fighting (and losing for the moment) with Osgood-Schlatter... Well at least I have a very big soft spot for Mark right now, might change if he keeps being overscored though, lol

do you think this has to do with their body built? i hope this doesnt come off as racist or anything. i just genuinely am curious bc all of the white guys who could land difficult jumps are usually young. same idea as russian ladies who could jump difficult jumps before hitting puberty. while the men who could land difficult jumps are the ones who happen to be asian and slender. 

1 minute ago, makebelieveup said:

do you think this has to do with their body built? i hope this doesnt come off as racist or anything. i just genuinely am curious bc all of the white guys who could land difficult jumps are usually young. same idea as russian ladies who could jump difficult jumps before hitting puberty. while the men who could land difficult jumps are the ones who happen to be asian and slender. 

Being slim sure does help

28 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

No surprise Mark got a push as the freshly crowned Nationals champion. And no surprise either Jackie doesn't call out Chen's program components rise in 2016/17, only those skaters' scores who he wants to - this time a Russian's. He is biased.

17 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

I don't know, probably partially, but if it comes specifically to Russia it's also the crazy system of training they have from the very young age, the body has to give up at some point, it's not nearly that ureasonable in other parts of the world, as far as I know. Others, don't know... but there were some who got only better with jumps with age, like Javier (wow I suddenly miss the king of Euros ;___;)

13 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Have a look at the thread!!

Yeah I've seen this to on Eurosport Player before and was surprised that I don't recognize this European skater at all, must be new :scratch3:

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

I think the height might play a role too, but, again, I don't have the statistics. This can make for an interesting research topic.

Same as you tho, I hope this does not come off as racist.