[2022] European Championships - Pairs and Ice Dance SP FS

4 minutes ago, Misaela said:

Apparently it's a new world record? If the czech commentator wasn't mistaken
Edit: Yeah I checked it, it is a new best total score

Then it'll be another WR because M/G will beat it.

Mishina had a step-out on the first 3S in the SBS but it had still positive GOE on it. :P 

Mishina/Galliamov skated a very clean program. They just continue to be consistent and land everything, or close to everything. They have intricate moves and choreography. However, to my eyes, T/M are just more my style of pairs skating. I prefer pure, clean and finished lines to busy choreo without a purpose, not quite so finished moves etc.. I fully appreciate the difficulty of M/G, but it doesn't really do anything for me. Until T/M put down a clean program, though, that is irrelevant. You have to be clean to compete with M/G,who now have this reputation of always being "on, " and we know that reputation always helps in figure skating.

That being said, what a great competition we just witnessed from the top teams. All 3 Russian teams look ready for the Olympics and the young Georgian team was impressive too.

24 minutes ago, Misaela said:

If M/G win Olympics I will riot

They will probably win it.

Only two judges saw that M/G's 3S-eu-3S should negative GOE, Judge 8 (Switzerland) and Judge 9 (France) gave -2. The judge from Netherlands gvae it a +3.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/ec2022/FSKXPAIRS-------------FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

5 hours ago, liv said:

Mishina/Galliamov skated a very clean program. They just continue to be consistent and land everything, or close to everything. They have intricate moves and choreography. However, to my eyes, T/M are just more my style of pairs skating. I prefer pure, clean and finished lines to busy choreo without a purpose, not quite so finished moves etc.. I fully appreciate the difficulty of M/G, but it doesn't really do anything for me. Until T/M put down a clean program, though, that is irrelevant. You have to be clean to compete with M/G,who now have this reputation of always being "on, " and we know that reputation always helps in figure skating.

That being said, what a great competition we just witnessed from the top teams. All 3 Russian teams look ready for the Olympics and the young Georgian team was impressive too.

At least T/M can skate while M/G has nothing but the jumps. Yes, they have TR but it is uneven as Galliamov almost always is the one who does more. B/K is better than them PCS-wise too. 

Really, watching M/G after watching S/H or even M/K is such a mind-boggling, eye-opening experience. It is so easy to see how bad M/K is in terms of basic skating, speed and flow. 

Ice Dance RD has started.

Live results: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2122/ec2022/SEG007.htm

Warm-up Group 1

1 Hanna JAKUCS / Alessio GALLI  (NED) 
2 Ekaterina KUZNETSOVA / Oleksandr KOLOSOVSKYI (AZE)

3 Carolina MOSCHENI / Francesco FIORETTI (ITA)  
4 Jasmine TESSARI / Stephane WALKER  (SUI)

Warm-Up Group 2     

5 Aurelija IPOLITO / Luke RUSSELL (LAT)    
6 Mariia HOLUBTSOVA / Kyryl BIELOBROV (UKR)
WD  Anastasia POLIBINA / Pavel GOLOVISHNIKOV (POL)   
8  Solene MAZINGUE / Marko Jevgeni GAIDAJENKO (EST)

Ice resurfacing

Warm-Up Group 3

9 Tina GARABEDIAN / Simon PROULX SENECAL (ARM)    
10 Viktoria SEMENJUK / Ilya YUKHIMUK (BLR)
11 Mariia IGNATEVA / Danijil Leonyidovics SZEMKO (HUN)  
12 Maria Sofia PUCHEROVA / Nikita LYSAK (SVK)    

Warm-Up Group 4 

13  Sasha FEAR / George WADDELL (GBR)    
14  Katharina MUELLER / Tim DIECK (GER)   
15  Loicia DEMOUGEOT / Theo le MERCIER (FRA)    
16  Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN (RUS)   
17  Natalie TASCHLEROVA / Filip TASCHLER (CZE)

Ice resurfacing   

Warm-Up Group 5

18  Oleksandra NAZAROVA / Maksym NIKITIN (UKR)    
19  Evgeniia LOPAREVA / Geoffrey BRISSAUD (FRA)    
20  Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV (POL)    
21  Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS (LTU)  
22  Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ (ESP) 

Warm-Up Group 6     

23  Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI (ITA)   
24  Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN (RUS)    
25  Sara HURTADO / Kirill KHALIAVIN (ESP)   
26  Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV (RUS)   
27  Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON (GBR)   

The Germans will be streaming the rhythm dances in 40 minutes: https://www.sportschau.de/wintersport/eiskunstlauf/videostream-ab--uhr-im-livestream-der-rhythmustanz-bei-der-eiskunstlauf-em-100.html