[2022] Beijing Winter Olympic Games: Fluff, News, Other Sports, etc!

Yuzu_legend

28 minutes ago, Charisma said:

Hi :wave:

It’s a dumb question 0:) but will the Olympic YouTube Channel stream Figure Skating?

This is my first Olympic so I don’t know a lot.:scratch3: 
When will they draw the Skating Order? 

No. They never did. It's really hard to find streams during olympics. Better try to check if TV in your country will broadcast anything.

I remember like at last olympics the only stream available died right before Yuzuru's FP.🤣 Good that I decided to watch last group on TV.

The order in normal times is drawed the day before competition, but recently ISU avoids it for the sake of covid prevention and skaters perform according to their WS. Iirc the same will be at Olympics, so Zu will most likely skate last in second to last group.

27 minutes ago, Charisma said:

Hi :wave:

It’s a dumb question 0:) but will the Olympic YouTube Channel stream Figure Skating?

This is my first Olympic so I don’t know a lot.:scratch3: 
When will they draw the Skating Order? 

I don't know if Olympic Channel will broadcast it live this year but if you're in Hungary it would be geoblocked anyway because MTVA has the broadcasting rights (which means M4 Sport will likely stream it live on their home page or they'll broadcast it live on TV if we're lucky). Anyway there'll be plenty of available streams so don't worry.

Short programs skating order will be according to the world standings.

Guest turquoiseblue
8 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

lmfao this was a thing? i can't stop laughing but... this isn't so different than figure skating in many ways :D

Wow, I never knew something like this existed :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: I like it! :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg: 

On 1/13/2022 at 10:13 AM, Paskud said:

No. They never did. It's really hard to find streams during olympics. Better try to check if TV in your country will broadcast anything.

I remember like at last olympics the only stream available died right before Yuzuru's FP.🤣 Good that I decided to watch last group on TV.

The order in normal times is drawed the day before competition, but recently ISU avoids it for the sake of covid prevention and skaters perform according to their WS. Iirc the same will be at Olympics, so Zu will most likely skate last in second to last group.

As for Germany, the TV commentator of the German Sportschau just said during the European Championship that German TV will have a live stream and show all competitions (while TV itself will probably only show summaries, I assume). So maybe the major national TV channels and sports channels of each country may provide live streams?

54 minutes ago, Ulrinis said:

So maybe the major national TV channels and sports channels of each country may provide live streams?

It always depends on the country's TV channel. In my country for the competitions they have the broadcasting rights for, the TV channel live streams the competitions every time (often without commentary). But it isn't the same in every country.

22 minutes ago, Charisma said:

I think I saw on Google that they will stream it for free on the Joyn App/Website. German and Hungarian are my two Mother languages so I’m happy because I have a little bit more chance to find a good website to watch it. :happy:

If Sportschau won't be geoblocked for the Olympics, then we can watch that one, too. Actually I was surprised ARD1 doesn't geoblock the stream for Europeans ? I never watched ARD1 before because it was always geoblocked in Hungary and I don't use VPN. So it is is a positive surprise this week.

• yuzuangel changed the title to [2022] Beijing Winter Olympic Games: Fluff, News, Other Sports, etc!