[2022] Beijing Winter Olympic Games: Fluff, News, Other Sports, etc!

Yuzu_legend

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest turquoiseblue

Visiting Beijing Winter Olympic Village: Inside the room where athletes will call home

It looks comfortable  :big-bed-smiley:

Guest turquoiseblue
2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Nice! I like it. And I like the pillow/blanket thingie. :happy:

I like the pillow blanket, too! :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg: I also like the colours of the headboard and bedding :tumblr_lkl6q24eyw1qfamg6: :tumblr_m230ouoWHD1qfamg6: :tumblr_lkl6q24eyw1qfamg6: :tumblr_m230ouoWHD1qfamg6: It's good to know that they provide good accommodation for athletes and officials. I hope Yuzu will like it and feel relaxed and comfortable :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

Guest turquoiseblue

Here is a short video of the transit from the Beijing Capital International Airport to a hotel. Every staff at the airport is covered in personal protective equipment from head to toe :2thumbsup:

Article about Beijing 2022's "closed-loop management system":

Beijing 2022's closed-loop system to counter COVID-19 comes into use as overseas staff arrive
4 January 2022

According to the Chinese state-run Global Times, the system which designed to guard against spreading COVID-19 started operating today with exactly a month to go before the Winter Olympics are due to open on February 4.

It comes into use as overseas Beijing 2022 workers start to arrive in the Chinese capital to prepare for the Games.

Those who are fully vaccinated do not need to self-isolate for 21 days before entering the closed loop. 

Once within the Olympic bubble, people will undergo daily testing for COVID-19 and will be unable to access the outside world for the duration of their time in Beijing.

High-speed trains will be made available within the system, but Games personnel will be in separate carriages from the public to mitigate the risk of spreading COVID-19.

The designated transport will be used to move between approved locations, including competition and training venues and the Olympic Village.

Zhao Chengfang, a deputy head of the COVID-19 prevention department at the Capital Gymnasium - the venue for figure skating and short track speed skating competitions – told the Global Times that the system was now in use.

"Event support staff from overseas will arrive at the venues to begin their work from Tuesday," said Zhao.

"Venues will also begin to strictly enforce the same vaccination policies as those in place for the Games.

"Local Olympic-related personnel will also enter the closed loop."

• yuzuangel changed the title to [2022] Beijing Winter Olympic Games: Fluff, News, Other Sports, etc!