robin

Uploading Avatars and Credits

Hello

I am a new member in this forum.

I have tried unsuccessfully to install a photo of Yuzuru as my avatar.

I have done all the steps to upload the photo. I tried to reduce the size to fit the square for the avatar.

I also tried to reposition the photo according to the instructions, but it seems to reduce only vertically, not horizontally, so the photo is too big to fit.

Please help me. Thank you.

vadrouille

Just now, Vadrouille said:

Hello

I am a new member in this forum.

I have tried unsuccessfully to install a photo of Yuzuru as my avatar.

I have done all the steps to upload the photo. I tried to reduce the size to fit the square for the avatar.

I also tried to reposition the photo according to the instructions, but it seems to reduce only vertically, not horizontally, so the photo is too big to fit.

Please help me. Thank you.

vadrouille

Hi and welcome :) I'll be happy to help you.

I am sorry but I have failed to understand what your problem is exactly.

Do you get an error when saving the avatar? Or does it get cropped in a way you don't want it to?

Hello everyone,

I just want to bring to everyone's attention that we have a second Image Credit field now. You can input any text in this one, eg. in case you don't know the source or if you want to add any other information.

18 minutes ago, rozuyu said:

Hi guys, I've been wondering, how to upload an animated avatar? I don't know how to do it. I have a gif (right file and image size) but no matter what I do it ends up being a still image. Could you help me out?

Can you tell me how big your file is? (in bytes)

29 minutes ago, rozuyu said:

@liha it's 600kB

OK that should not be the problem then. 

You have completed the whole process and the gif showed up in your profile as a still image, right?

I will try helping you later when I get home as I am not at my pc at the moment.

(or maybe if another admin sees this before then they might help you, too.) 

Maybe you can try uploading an alternative gif for now and see if it works to make sure the gif file itself isn't the problem. 

Being here for some times and finally deciding on an avatar. It will be a snapshot from a YouTube video. Do I put the YouTube link and the uploader name as a credit?

3 hours ago, Kadova said:

Being here for some times and finally deciding on an avatar. It will be a snapshot from a YouTube video. Do I put the YouTube link and the uploader name as a credit?

That would be perfect!

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

That would be perfect!

Thanks a lot. Will do that when I have a moment this week. Will let you know if any problem arises.