Favorite commentators and their famous lines

4 hours ago, PomeloPooh said:

The commentator lady for CCTV5, Chen Ying, is known for using poetic language and sometimes quoting poetry in her commentary. (She depends more on the "expert guest" for technical stuff lol.) And she's a Yuzu uber. So combine those two things, the result is some really nice words for Yuzu that sometimes sound more like a fan's tribute than commentary on sports TV.:59182a8d937bc_biggrin(1): I translated one just now and would like to share here. I don't know a thing about English poetry meter, so please pardon me if some things don't make sense...:redface:

This is from Worlds gala in Helsinki, after Notte Stella:

Edit:

And now I just can't resist doing another one :D

This is after Worlds LP

OK, she's definitely not commentating in the end. She's speaking for all the fans who're crying  tears of joy in from of the TV:sadPooh: :space:

Wow! Ok, even in English it sounds so poetic to me. Definitely a fanyu :snonegai:

My favourites are Susana and Paloma from tdp. I think it was during GPF '15 SP, when Paloma didn't know what to say, and Susana went "Just keep clapping". They are just a joy to listen to:space:(Makes me want to take up Spanish again)

I like the British uncles (Simon and Chris). It was love at first sight for Simon when he commented on Yuzu's SP at 2011 CoC - "He is pencil-thin but packed with power and real talent. A new name to me but I won't forget it. Yuzuru (he mis-pronounced as Yuzuri) Hanyu from Japan." :pbow:

I also like Kurt Browning who has the right mix of information and humour. He was thrilled by Yuzu's 3A at the end of his FS at 17 4CC, and he compared Yuzu to Wayne Gretzky, who is considered the greatest ice hockey player ever, when commenting on Yuzu's FS at the 2017 WTT. He appreciates the young skaters' quad efforts but is also frank about the reservation he holds: "My theory is [when] you're doing [four, five] quads in a long [programme], how long can you maintain that level of skating? You got to enjoy it while it's working for you." He may be also referring to Yuzu in saying so, but he certainly has high regards for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tracy hands down, her 'oh my goodness me' is my favorite saying ever :)

I personally enjoy a Tascher-Szewczyk duo which used to comment for Polish Eurosport (ironically, even though it's my native language, I listen to them last, bc I don't have TV xD), and the fact that Tascher is quite fair in his judging while Szewczyk is basically Polish Max Ambiesi when it gets to Yuzuru xD I think that he, Oda and Max would have a field day, meeting up and fanboying together.

Tascher most memorable quote for me was at the start of one of theYuzu's SPs for the 15/16 I think: "It's Chopin, as you can already hear. Japanese know he was Polish" (it was after one of ice network writers decided to write Chopin next to French composers xD)

And Szewczyk's, after Barcelona'14: "Really, we need a bulldozer here [to get those Poohs], those little girls can't keep up with the rain and he's not the last to skate, you know!"

Plus, they always positively freak out at how nice Javi and Yuzu are to each other (we're too sensitive to rivals being nice to each other after Plushenko-Yagudin war, I guess).

Also, I don't remember his name, but japanese comentator for the 2011 Nationals/Nice? He sometimes is with Oda, I think? His: "A seventeen yo opened a door to the world with his own power" and "those feeling reached the world!" Make me smile every time.

23 hours ago, Saya said:

You should take a look at his Twitter account lol. I actually have him blocked😂

I can understand that his opinions are sometimes (or very often, as you want lol) quite....armm :facepalm: (and sometimes I really want to block him :devilYuzu: ) but I have to say that his "drunks commentary" section on youtube is hilarious :laughing:

• 1 month later...

I don't really have a favourite commentator but I like it when commentators have a positiv attitude and actually comment on technical stuff maybe. the guy who's doing junior grand prix at the moment is nice. I don't really like the russian commentary because they talk to much in the skate itself and I can't enjoy it (can't hear the music well etc). I can't really comment on german commentary in general cause it's been to long that I watched on TV, but I like the german commentary for Helsinki FS