Favorite commentators and their famous lines

• 2 weeks later...

Was just watching the BBC commentary version of 2017 Worlds, and while I deplore Robin Cousins lack of prep I approve of the following- when asked whether Hanyu has done enough to get on the podium he replies:-

"Oh yes. I'm being emphatic, because you can't - no one will- not even Javi- will have the delicacy of this jumping, this technique, it is delicate even though he's flying through the air and forcing his body to do these quads, they're light and elegant......there's no tension in his upper body when he rotates....."

32 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Was just watching the BBC commentary version of 2017 Worlds, and while I deplore Robin Cousins lack of prep I approve of the following- when asked whether Hanyu has done enough to get on the podium he replies:-

"Oh yes. I'm being emphatic, because you can't - no one will- not even Javi- will have the delicacy of this jumping, this technique, it is delicate even though he's flying through the air and forcing his body to do these quads, they're light and elegant......there's no tension in his upper body when he rotates....."

That is one of my favorite commentating moments from Helsinki. There are a few, the second one is from the German ESP commentator who simply goes - My God - with this sort of wonder in his voice, but as much as that was a purely sincere exclamation from him, this particular comment from Cousins is just wonderful and I was so happy he had said it!

(I've learned to ignore his little mess ups!)

You have to ignore them and be grateful that they've at least employed someone who knows what they're talking about in general unlike that useless woman wittering alongside him.