Your Username

Pamigena

How did you get your username? Is there a story behind it? Did you make it up or is it based on a real name, maybe your own name? Or did you just pick something from the random word generator and stuck with it?

As for mine: As a kid I was obsessed with The Magic Flute (my parents raised a very weird child and exposed me to these things at a young age), and I always loved the names of two of the characters, Pamina and Papagena. Unfortunately both were often already taken when I tried to use them as nicknames on the internet, and then I ended up adding things like * or ~ to the names. At some point I decided to just combine the two and tada, new nickname :grin:

My username has followed me through most of my internet history. It is the name of the main character of one of my first ever short stories published online, back when I was 17.

I like your name, Pamigena. :)

Usually I listen to some music while I register on a website, and since I can't come up with anything creative, I choose a username related to that specific band/artist who I listen to at that moment. This is why I choose Sally Cinnamon by the Stone Roses when I registered on that other site. Since I am even less creative than I was years ago, I decided not to change my username here.

I love that song and well, my name also reminds me of all sorts of things, especially the cinnamon part. :rofl2:

I really like how sallycinnamon sounds!

I have to say, same- I never was very creative but at least I used to try with my usernames in the past... but I'm getting less and less creative and by the time I signed up at GS I just couldn't be bothered to come up with something fun anymore.

I have an elder brother and we argue all the time. But somehow we love to play games together and both of us are quite competitive. I remember that the only computer game I could win him was at Puyo Puyo (almost like a Tetris spin-off) so I just added one syllable to it (it might sound cuter? :P)

I had a couple of unique usernames once, when I was buried deep in another fandom and active on some related forums, but it's an old story unrelated to this forum and this username.

As for Icy, this word just popped into my mind when I was filling the registration form here. Maybe it was a wrong choice, I don't know :smile:. Unlike many of PH habitants satellites, I've never been active on GS FF or any other platform dedicated to Yuzuru before.

Do I get :goe: for the most boring story?

I am in an oversharing mood so this post will be little long.

My first internet username I used for a various blogs in Czech I used to run when I was in elementary school (I had like 3 over the span of 5 years) was DJka - it can be a written women form of the word DJ in Czech (It's not used that much but could be ^^) - That I chose because DJ are my initials xP

This username I have made while starting to get invested in Kpop (Ithink late 2009) - I was watching a vid on youtube (where I did have an account but with long and riddiculous nick so I wanted to change it) where a singers had to sing other's song with english words in it translated to Korean - the WonderGirls's song Nobody was translated into sth like "Amudo, amudo, neo paeggo" (I don't remember exactly) and from there is the first part of my nick (which I sometimes use alone - and in real life I used it shortened to simple Am/Amu) and as it ends with DO which are first letters of my name - and next three letters of my name are MIN , which is a shortened version of a word minute -> I put translation of minute after the first part -> AmudoBun was born.

The really good aspect of this riddiculous name is that I don't have to be afraid that someone else would use it except for me xD

...I am a lazy person and for a long time forgot/ was too lazy to write down and remember usernames and passwords.

So for a long time now I use as username online a part of my last name, a little bit twisted around.

I have no problem remembering this :rofl2:

My last name is very unusual in Germany and always gets mutilated. I doubt even colleagues from work would recognize me online..

But for me, my username is almost like my real name. It's different, but to me somehow looks the same.

I use this name pretty much everywhere online. I've always been in multiple fandoms so i never wanted to use anything too fandom-specific and I hate my birth-name, it's too common in every sense of the word (but equally too much hassle to change right now). Ahlai is biblical Hebrew, it's gender-neutral and means something along the lines of 'a heartfelt wish'. When I first chose it I was in a bit of an emo phase and just thought it sounded cool but as time goes on it fits better and better and I've really come to love it.