Books and Literature

yuzupon

• 3 months later...

@Aotoshiro Look, there's a book thread here already! :biggrin: And it seems to be hibernating, so we can talk about Discworld and maybe Good Omens - OMG have you seen the photos from the shoots?? And Sandman, if you like Neil Gaiman, though I find the graphic novels he has collaborated on better than his actual books, though they're good, too...

4 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I am really looking forward to the Good Omens film.

I think it's a series - good, longer than a film, so much would get lost in an hour and a half. And the casting made me watch Broadchurch. A little hard to imagine him as Crowley, but then the set photos came out and I think he could probably do it.

Though the Terry Gilliam Good Omens that never got made because reasons... That probably would've been something.

14 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Ah but think of him as Barty Crouch in the Goblet of Fire - the flickering tongue! I find it harder to imagine Sheen as anything but Tony Blair 

That made me watch a little clip of the Queen (Blair becoming PM, and let's hope he doesn't make Aziraphale smile quite as much). Helen Mirren might be better at it than the real queen, to be honest. But my big reaction was 'Look, Inspector Thursday!' I didn't put that together till now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, duygu said:

Books that I have read last weeks Veronika wants to die - Paulo Coelho, After Dark - Haruki Murakami , The Diary of a Young Girl.These are so good, I can't choose the best. :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:

Murakami is my love<3

I just finished Blind Willow Sleeping Woman of him, it's a collection of crazy tales that confused me a bit (like, all of his books) but I loved it:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I was upset that I was only reading scientific books for my thesis, promised myself to read more, read "Flowers for Algernon", was depressed for two weeks and now I'm afraid to take something else apart scientific literature. Still going to be brave and try something :tumblr_m33wn6Kgfe1qdlkyg: