Jump to content

Recommended Posts

yalue   
10 minutes ago, Anony said:

My teacher lets us use her photography class' studio to take pictures of our work, but setting up is a lot of work so I usually just use Office Lens on my phone and then colour correct it on a photo editor :embSwan:

Also our conversation is starting to get off topic, should we continue in the Art thread?

oh man, i wish i had access to that, must be so cool. i'm fine with my current scanner though, works miles better than my old one :space:
yup, i've gone ahead and moved us over :14289753:
don't wanna get banned for being off topic after all
:10814716:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anony   
8 minutes ago, yalue said:

oh man, i wish i had access to that, must be so cool. i'm fine with my current scanner though, works miles better than my old one :space:
yup, i've gone ahead and moved us over :14289753:
don't wanna get banned for being off topic after all
:10814716:

Do you not have access to an app store of some sort? Office Lens should be free not associated, I just... that thing has saved me so much time. Speaking of which... I need to get a new scanner, mine is getting old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yalue   
39 minutes ago, Anony said:

Do you not have access to an app store of some sort? Office Lens should be free not associated, I just... that thing has saved me so much time. Speaking of which... I need to get a new scanner, mine is getting old.

i guess i could've tried that at one point ;; heck, i think even my father uses an app for scanning stuff, now that i think about it :14289753:
well, now my scanner's fine, since i just changed it last year, so it's all okay. i just grew to like mixing up art mediums every now and then x'D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anony   
3 minutes ago, yalue said:

i guess i could've tried that at one point ;; heck, i think even my father uses an app for scanning stuff, now that i think about it :14289753:
well, now my scanner's fine, since i just changed it last year, so it's all okay. i just grew to like mixing up art mediums every now and then x'D

I'm such a scaredy cat(all pun intended) when it comes to mixing mediums lol. All my mixed media work are so predictable like coloured pencils and watercolour, markers and ink, ink and watercolours etc. Honestly if my teacher didn't make me do things for my assignments, incorporating washi/masking tape would probably be the furthest I go haha...:13877886:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yalue   
6 minutes ago, Anony said:

I'm such a scaredy cat(all pun intended) when it comes to mixing mediums lol. All my mixed media work are so predictable like coloured pencils and watercolour, markers and ink, ink and watercolours etc. Honestly if my teacher didn't make me do things for my assignments, incorporating washi/masking tape would probably be the furthest I go haha...:13877886:

i wish i could work with all of those, but all i'm decent at are coloured pencils and inking, and even then i use pretty basic stuff :1977538:
i guess studying art must be great in that sense, gets you to go out of your box more ;; i mostly just stick to the whatever comes naturally to me. for a long time i basically only did pixel art, but i'm trying to vary more now x'D

i can be fun trying new stuff though, even if it doesn't all work out
:10636614:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anony   
11 minutes ago, yalue said:

i wish i could work with all of those, but all i'm decent at are coloured pencils and inking, and even then i use pretty basic stuff :1977538:
i guess studying art must be great in that sense, gets you to go out of your box more ;; i mostly just stick to the whatever comes naturally to me. for a long time i basically only did pixel art, but i'm trying to vary more now x'D

i can be fun trying new stuff though, even if it doesn't all work out
:10636614:

Coloured pencils and graphite aside I work almost exclusively in wet mediums. My teacher makes us do a lot of charcoal work and I just... It's so dry.

 

I want to mess around more but honestly... grades :13877886:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yalue   
6 minutes ago, Anony said:

Coloured pencils and graphite aside I work almost exclusively in wet mediums. My teacher makes us do a lot of charcoal work and I just... It's so dry.

 

I want to mess around more but honestly... grades :13877886:

that's so cool, i've always been pretty terrible with wet mediums :1977538:
oh man, i haven't used charcoal since my art classes in grade school, i think x'D

the struggles of graded work orz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anony   
2 minutes ago, yalue said:

that's so cool, i've always been pretty terrible with wet mediums :1977538:
oh man, i haven't used charcoal since my art classes in grade school, i think x'D

the struggles of graded work orz

Most wet mediums are pretty forgiving which is why I work in them a lot :8171020: since you can usually either layer things out of existence or 'just add water' to all your mistakes. My hands usually look like they're wearing black gloves once I'm done with charcoal, it's so messy.

 

I want to make as much silly things as I can over break before I have to care about grades again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yalue   
16 minutes ago, Anony said:

Most wet mediums are pretty forgiving which is why I work in them a lot :8171020: since you can usually either layer things out of existence or 'just add water' to all your mistakes. My hands usually look like they're wearing black gloves once I'm done with charcoal, it's so messy.

 

I want to make as much silly things as I can over break before I have to care about grades again.

oh yeah, i guess that's true, must be pretty convenient. i usually just stick to digital media for the sake of having an undo button so i can understand :59227c768286a__s:
ugh, i can only imagine. it must be kinda frustrating to work with x'D

that sounds like a nice change of pace! once i'm 100% done with classes i'll try and take some commissions, gotta save up some money
:13877886:
but hopefully i'll have some time to just draw for myself as well, and maybe some fanart on the side haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anony   
12 minutes ago, yalue said:

oh yeah, i guess that's true, must be pretty convenient. i usually just stick to digital media for the sake of having an undo button so i can understand :59227c768286a__s:
ugh, i can only imagine. it must be kinda frustrating to work with x'D

that sounds like a nice change of pace! once i'm 100% done with classes i'll try and take some commissions, gotta save up some money
:13877886:
but hopefully i'll have some time to just draw for myself as well, and maybe some fanart on the side haha

I always want to try digital, but I never got around to getting a digital workspace... or a graphics tablet :sadPooh:

The moment I stop being lazy, I'm drawing silly things in my sketchbook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yalue   
31 minutes ago, Anony said:

I always want to try digital, but I never got around to getting a digital workspace... or a graphics tablet :sadPooh:

The moment I stop being lazy, I'm drawing silly things in my sketchbook.

it's quite fun, i love to mess around with filters and effects on photoshop haha :1977538:
my tablet is legit my baby. i've had it for?? man, i don't even know. it's been a while... i think 4-5 years, maybe

yay for silly doodles. have fun with them when you get to it
:14289753:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anony   
4 hours ago, yalue said:

it's quite fun, i love to mess around with filters and effects on photoshop haha :1977538:
my tablet is legit my baby. i've had it for?? man, i don't even know. it's been a while... i think 4-5 years, maybe

yay for silly doodles. have fun with them when you get to it
:14289753:

Ahhh I've always wanted to try vector painting digitally. Also Ctrl + Z.

 

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yalue   
8 hours ago, Anony said:

Ahhh I've always wanted to try vector painting digitally. Also Ctrl + Z.

 

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

oooh, those look so cool! i've never been good at any sort of paiting, traditional or digital, but i certainly love looking at them :10636614:
i honestly wanna experiment more. and maybe learn how to draw backgrounds, that's always been my ultimate weakness. that and hands haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anony   
38 minutes ago, yalue said:

oooh, those look so cool! i've never been good at any sort of paiting, traditional or digital, but i certainly love looking at them :10636614:
i honestly wanna experiment more. and maybe learn how to draw backgrounds, that's always been my ultimate weakness. that and hands haha

Backgrounds l-lol.... :13877886:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×